No Guides for Kingdoms?

• I have looked around, the Wiki isn't that informative in terms of strategy -- are there any decent strategy guides for early game on here? I'm an old Travian player, but would love to hear from a Kingdoms veteran about the best way to grow fast from the beginning.

• Hi @Richard West

here is a guide to settle very soon from Magus: Governor. Second village in 24 hours

I also would love to here your experiences and strategies that worked. Do you want to share some?

:D

• Thanks Bridgette,

I found that guide already, but it seems very specific. On T4 there were dozens of guides like "How to become top robber and settle first" or "How to settle fast as a defensive player." That's a neat guide, and the guy has definitely figured out how to work the system, but I'm looking for something that would take advantage of the game in a more well rounded manner. I'm just surprised this game has existed for so long without actual guides while T4 guides are almost as big a part of the game as many features in the game. That's probably due to the strong community, but this forum seems to have a decent community as well.

Edit: I don't have anything to share really because my experience has been so little.

• Hello Richard West

Actually this game is still in it's infancy. The first open beta began back in March of 2015. So Kingdoms will be putting in a solid 2 years soon on the open market.
    The alpha server and closed beta all began in the later months of 2014. This is one of the reasons why there are very few guides. Another reason is by the changes in the game itself. As full testing of Kingdom's continues then the game will continue to evolve as new servers open up.

This is a good chance for you or anyone else who likes to write guides or willing to give it a first time try to put your own skill and thoughts to help others learn the dynamics of the game or to teach new techniques or strategies. If you decide to write any I look forward to reading them.

:)

• Yeah but there were a couple thousand people on the closed beta, so the game is really over 2 years old if you consider how gaming works today. Take Ark Survival Evolved for instance, there are hundreds of tutorials and guides out there for that game, it's much more complex than this, and it's still in Alpha stage (and only that for less time than the Kingdoms open beta).

The test server is also large compared to the normal servers here, so that tells me the player base doesn't want to buy gold or doesn't like the game in its current state. If it's the former, then I doubt you'd still be producing this product so it's most likely the latter -- which means no one wants to write a guide for a game they don't really like. The only two I've seen so far are just systemic exploits (that Cities and Kingdoms "guide" by Recondite and then that recent post about settling fast) which could not even exist after the next patch if small parts of the game are changed.

A lack of guides is a lack of in depth thought on the game. Travian tends to bring out the teamwork and idea-sharing in gamers; and if you're not seeing it right now this game might be in trouble.

Just my thoughts. I think there a lot of things that could change, but I'll never get feedback on my feedback (something I've learned over the years in trying to constructively criticize T4) so there is no point.

• There is a guide in the german forum written for new players, explaining some basic playstyles and best practice.

Travian BASICS

But the kingdom system changes like every 6 month, so every guide written would be mostly outdated now with the new kingdom/alliance merge update ;)

• (...)
    A lack of guides is a lack of in depth thought on the game. Travian tends to bring out the teamwork and idea-sharing in gamers; and if you're not seeing it right now this game might be in trouble.
    (...)

the lack of deep thoughts depends on each player: do you want to play and discover the game for yourself or do you wanna follow instructions and guides?
    the best guide you can think of is practice and knowing the game and its mechanics, creating your own thoughts about what is the best thing or strategy to do in any given case. Also if you are in a good alliance they will always teach you something, that is teamwork
    you think good players follow guides? i think they have experience, because as you wrote: there are no guides

in-game you have a lot of information about how things works, there is also this forum to answer some questions or to take advice, and also the travian wiki wich is VERY explanatory , so you got plenty of info on how the game works and actually these are the game's original guides

what are you exactly looking guides for? being a top10 player? not being farmed? being the best king? maybe a follow-up and what-to-do guides? maybe you need tips, not guides.
    for example, it would be very hard to copy a playstyle from a player who is 24/7 active with duals (wich are generally the top10+ every week) because you need to sleep and do other things, so you need to think by yourself what is best in your case, like sending your troops away while you sleep so no one kills them while you are afk, or selecting wich buildings are you going to use and wich not so you dont waste resources and queue time

• There is a guide in the german forum written for new players, explaining some basic playstyles and best practice.

Travian BASICS

But the kingdom system changes like every 6 month, so every guide written would be mostly outdated now with the new kingdom/alliance merge update ;)

That looks like a good guide but Google translate mangles the grammar so badly that it's difficult to follow. Anything similar in English?