Village to the city

• Hello,

Whats the real benefit of building city out of the village ? Just read wiki + ingame help, but i'm more curious in real cases. When and what village are you converting ? In what situations is it better then build just another village

E.g my case. Started to play kingdoms after while and atm ~1k pop (3 villages) Teuton.

Edit: can i have build multiple villages into cities ?

Thanks for all the answers :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Twista#CZ: edit: added question ().

• Your capital should definitely be converted to a city as soon as possible, the fastest people use their 3rd CP slot for this but 4th is pretty standard to use for this (in your case the next CP slot should be for capital upgrade).
    The reason why this is so important is because capital, unlike normal villages, produces 500 culture point extra (rest get 200). 500 a day from this upgrade is much more than you could make from a new village in at least the first few weeks allowing you to faster unlock more slots. Additionally you want at least one village that has the water ditch for extra defense power so might as well make it in the capital.

And yes you can make multiple cities

While upgrading the capital is pretty much always the best course of action the other ones are little bit more complicated so I'll give some bullet points here.

Upgrading any village (besides the capital) to a city
    + more concentrated villages = easier to defend and manage
    + water ditch defense building can't be rammed down in an attack providing guaranteed defense (most usefull on romans least usefull on teutons)
    + can build great barracks and stable making for much faster hammer creation
    + more culture points right away
    + more resource production right away (especially with gold)
    if king/duke
    +larger influence area

Settling a new village
    + can differentiate villages to your needs better
    + more culture points eventually
    + more resource production eventually
    + can capture new oasis and bring your power to new areas
    if king/duke
    +can create treasury to a better spot

People use different amount of cities, some people use just the one on the capital while others upgrade several villages to cities it all comes down to personal strategy and current game situation. Personally I recommend upgrading at least your capital (doesn't have to be your start village though) and all 15 croppers you have (if any) to cities.

• Yes, you can turn any village you want into a city, as long as it has 500 population and you have a free culture point slot.

And there are a few cases where it is making sense to turn your village into a city:

- Your main village, since you will also produce 500 culture points per day (instead of 200 in non-main village cities)
    - in your treasury village, since you unlock the largest radius for your treasury at 1000 population
    - In your off village, to build great barracks and great stable
    - When you sense a chief attempt, you can block the enemy by turning a village into a city (he will need 2 CP-slots and twice as many chiefs to get it, so often it then fails)

• Hi.

So, capitals can upgrade resources fields to as high as warehouses and granaries can allow, right? will making it city help increasing resouce fields further? Resource fields from other villages can go up to 12 where the default is 10. Can you please explain this in case of capitals?

Thanks. :)

• So, capitals can upgrade resources fields to as high as warehouses and granaries can allow, right? will making it city help increasing resouce fields further?

Upgrading your capital to a city doesnt make any difference. It doesnt change the capacity of your warehouses.

• Hi.

So, capitals can upgrade resources fields to as high as warehouses and granaries can allow, right? will making it city help increasing resouce fields further? Resource fields from other villages can go up to 12 where the default is 10. Can you please explain this in case of capitals?

Thanks. :)

Capital has no advantage in turning it to a city from the resource perspective. The only benefit in that regard is that should you later move your capital you get to keep fields at lvl 12 instead of lvl 10 but that is very minor benefit as best.

You still want to turn your capital to a city for the other benefits I listed though (increased defense, great buildings) and because capital cities provide +500 CP instead of the normal +200 CP you would get from a typical city, this makes capital city one of the best investments in the game.