Beginner's Guide - First week as Gaul

• Thank you both for the amazing replies. Definitely learnt a bit from that.

Waiting to defend robbers.. I like (unfortunately I am impatient). I have ended up with a solid amount of swords since Kingdom is in a very good spot and Phalx ended up sitting in Oasis 99% of the time.

Have a solid game plan now, thanks to your in-depth clarification on the above. Instead of the usual "rush second village by day 2" and end of guide.

:thumbup:

• Thank you both for the amazing replies. Definitely learnt a bit from that.

Waiting to defend robbers.. I like (unfortunately I am impatient). I have ended up with a solid amount of swords since Kingdom is in a very good spot and Phalx ended up sitting in Oasis 99% of the time.

Have a solid game plan now, thanks to your in-depth clarification on the above. Instead of the usual "rush second village by day 2" and end of guide.

:thumbup:

Be careful robbers dont make you build too much Off if you plan to play Def, a solution for robbers can be Haeduans as they are strong in Off, but also have good def values too

• We are talking about early game. Haeduans are not part of early game.
    Besides, they cost too much. Best is to just have 1k swords that you use to siege robbers with and go full phalanx for def. Maybe you throw in some druids if you are far away from the team but generally don't go for haeduans.

There are only 2 reasons to go haeduans:

1. Attack power per training time. They are better at this than TT and they have slightly higher power per upkeep meaning that the difference in training cost per power is roughly worth it.

2. Anti sniping def. Haeduans have pretty high cav def and can be effective at blocking treasure sniping attempts by enemy TT or EI armies.