The way to play Kingdoms?

• That's what I was thinking. Does anyone else think this could be benefitial to the game? Or on the other hand, any counter-arguments except "wanting to add all players from my meta as soon as possible"?

how would you grow in the start of the server? most (if not every) king that doesn't have a pre-made team searches for dukes outside the kingdom to get a bigger area faster. if the duke promotion is limited to people in kingdom already it slows kings down a lot

and no, kings don't grow much faster then everyone else. look at the current top20 of test, 3 kings and 1 duke.. top 5 is even full with governors

• if you remove the top 10 rule have anyone who loses treasures to a higher ranked kingdom still lose the VP points even if the higher ranked kingdom doesn't get them. They still need to have a reason to defend them. ideally they should lose points at double the normal rate to make the effective loss the same as before. Personally I think a better change is that once the WW comes out nobody can steal VP and everyone loses them at double the rate.

on abdication doesn't their ability to get tributes go away now anyway? Am I missing something?

I would allow a treasury in the WW so they can collect tributes to build the WW, just don't allow it to hold treasures or cap it at 4,000.

• how would you grow in the start of the server? most (if not every) king that doesn't have a pre-made team searches for dukes outside the kingdom to get a bigger area faster. if the duke promotion is limited to people in kingdom already it slows kings down a lot

I agree that it would give pre-made teams too much of an advantage if it was in place from the start, so it could be changed to only kick in after (say) 30 days.

• I agree that it would give pre-made teams too much of an advantage if it was in place from the start, so it could be changed to only kick in after (say) 30 days.

would't it make it harder for pre-made teams? Now they do the duke thing and suddenly have a big kingdom and everyone wants to join them. With this and the randomness of start locations it would make it hard them establish themselves so quickly

• would't it make it harder for pre-made teams? Now they do the duke thing and suddenly have a big kingdom and everyone wants to join them. With this and the randomness of start locations it would make it hard them establish themselves so quickly

well the first duke of the premade team would just settle in the area of the king, get an invitation and become a duke.

while when you dont have a premade team you would need to convince good possible dukes to trust you and settle in your territorry before making them a duke, and in most cases they would preffer to try to go first for a cropper.

• well the first duke of the premade team would just settle in the area of the king, get an invitation and become a duke.

while when you dont have a premade team you would need to convince good possible dukes to trust you and settle in your territorry before making them a duke, and in most cases they would preffer to try to go first for a cropper.

wouldn't the dukes in the premade kingdom also want croppers?