Try one without treasures and VP. Let the WW decide the server.

• Ok then, thanks for the correction WM. Sounds like it must've been a nice battle. But this sounds to me like an extraordinary situation, normally the bigger meta (if at all organised) should be able to crush the far smaller alliance at least in the long run. Sure, you can make the decision to try fighting, but it should lead to a losing battle for you. But in general Marius, do you think a smaller alliance can succesfully fight a much bigger one by simply "not being lazy"? Strategy, tactics don't matter in the face of sheer numbers.

Also @WM, I'm wondering (and confused by your first sentence :D) - do you agree that there are enough incentives and possibilities to fight?

• Sounds like it must've been a nice battle

Yes and no. Xtools gave up the fight too quickly. If they had been organized across the meta, it would have been a pretty good fight, with lots of folks going down in a blaze of glory. (Including me, as I was splat on the disputed border.) Instead, there wasn't much action, and then shortly after Dukes were put into the game which people used to re-apportion the territory.

But this sounds to me like an extraordinary situation, normally the bigger meta (if at all organised) should be able to crush the far smaller alliance

Normally, yes. But organizing a meta to do this type of action is very difficult, especially in Kingdoms where there's no bar to reach in order to get into the top alliances -- all you have to do is start or settle in the right spot. Because of this, you have many members with very little loyalty or care for their alliance. Until you bleed and sweat alongside your fellows, many are content to just sim their account into...whatever.

But in general Marius, do you think a smaller alliance can succesfully fight a much bigger one by simply "not being lazy"? Strategy, tactics don't matter in the face of sheer numbers.

Actually, if you're good enough, and you have a team the way T3 used to have teams, you can fight much bigger foes. It isn't easy, but it is fun. There was a group on .us that was about 40 players -- they terrorized an entire quad. But partly that was because they had no designs on a WW, so all of their troops and hammers were expendable. That's where the smaller groups lose -- bigger metas can afford to toss away a few big hammers and watch anvil after anvil get crunched because there are always more. On the small team, each hammer cut down, each anvil that splats an enemy, it hurts.

Also @WM, I'm wondering (and confused by your first sentence :D) - do you agree that there are enough incentives and possibilities to fight?

Yes and no. As Marius says, sometimes you need to find your own fights.
    But TK is arranged in such a way that you rarely have enemies nearby unless you're on the border. There's little incentive to attack governors. And unless you have a monster hammer, going after a big king is suicide...and a small king is often pointless to attack. With the metas clogging up a huge portion of the map, it makes finding interesting and worthwhile targets difficult.