More thoughts on VP mechanics

• Slightly off the topic, but if the developers are serious in their desire to discourage metas, another idea given by a teammate is to limit the number of players in a kingdom to 60 as in TL, and only allow players from the team owning the WW to send resources or troops to it. For sure someone will find a way around this, but it would help I believe.

• Players want fun more than an easy win.

Nope, the minority does, the majority wants an easy win, it has almost always been like this on TK.

I believe most groups of players who pre-determine to join a server and play together, would rather play for the competition, the struggle, the battles, the team spirit... not just to win

Nope again, just like Tonkas or Vicious or The Wall, or RA, or HAPINES and co or many other premade group that started to solely win, if not by metaing but by abusing the VP system using loop holes (look at COMx3 Round7 and Round8, look at the last COM2(Round 3) or the first TK round, COM2(Round 1).

noobs and random players still get beat up

They don't, the ones who do its because they log once a day and they do nothing to stop or prevent that. It's very easy to stop being beaten up, but you can't expect the game to do it for you (well except for the new server with the night truce..)

been waiting for them to form their own meta

This is just lame from you, expecting people to do a certain thing and making them do something they don't want to. You want to have fun? Then split the meta and have fun. There is absolutely no need to have metas unless you strictly want to win (which would be understandable for Tonka after many servers), but most of them are just being used and they aren't learning anything..

And btw, if you think that metas are this new invention of players playing TK, then you might want to play TL, or some other similar games in order to have a bit more experience on the matter.

I had my ride on previous versions, got beaten up, cataed down, learnt how to play the game and I've had enough metas here and there in T3 and T3.6. Call me what you want, from what I see, you find excuses for being a meta, justify it instead of trying to make yourself the difference in game. Sometimes you need to be the change you want to see instead of waiting for it. And yeah wanna see what we did with my team? check my posts. We fought 60/70 vs the rest of the server two servers in a row and we still won destroying everyone. All the other servers I've won on TK aren't as glorious although all of them were really fun.

PS: I don't intend to be a jerk, but every week someone is coming to the forum complaining about the state of the game, about how it is unfair (from either sides) and yet no one is doing anything to improve it in game. You're a meta on COM5, accept it, don't blame the game for you being a meta because you could stop being one if you wanted. You just gotta do itò

• Hello Everyone

Bantering back and forth has always been the thing to do on the boards for Travian. :)
    Politics & Propaganda mixed in with some good old fashion BS
    It is a game so let's keep is civil and no reason to throw out personal insults.

Out of popcorn but ordering pizza .......

:)

• Nope, the minority does, the majority wants an easy win, it has almost always been like this on TK.

Nope again, just like Tonkas or Vicious or The Wall, or RA, or HAPINES and co or many other premade group that started to solely win, if not by metaing but by abusing the VP system using loop holes (look at COMx3 Round7 and Round8, look at the last COM2(Round 3) or the first TK round, COM2(Round 1).

They don't, the ones who do its because they log once a day and they do nothing to stop or prevent that. It's very easy to stop being beaten up, but you can't expect the game to do it for you (well except for the new server with the night truce..)

This is just lame from you, expecting people to do a certain thing and making them do something they don't want to. You want to have fun? Then split the meta and have fun. There is absolutely no need to have metas unless you strictly want to win (which would be understandable for Tonka after many servers), but most of them are just being used and they aren't learning anything..

I had my ride on previous versions, got beaten up, cataed down, learnt how to play the game and I've had enough metas here and there in T3 and T3.6. Call me what you want, from what I see, you find excuses for being a meta, justify it instead of trying to make yourself the difference in game. Sometimes you need to be the change you want to see instead of waiting for it. And yeah wanna see what we did with my team? check my posts. We fought 60/70 vs the rest of the server two servers in a row and we still won destroying everyone. All the other servers I've won on TK aren't as glorious although all of them were really fun.
    PS: I don't intend to be a jerk, but every week someone is coming to the forum complaining about the state of the game, about how it is unfair (from either sides) and yet no one is doing anything to improve it in game. You're a meta on COM5, accept it, don't blame the game for you being a meta because you could stop being one if you wanted. You just gotta do itò

I believe we are saying the same thing... that is: "Metas are bad." Lets just leave it at that since you seem to be kind of person that has to try to contradict everything by using overly reductive reasoning... smh.

PS: Go ahead, its your turn to comment Mayo, i'll let you get the last word.