Did you know that leaving your hero's horse at home can sometimes save your troops?

• Dear Players,

I would like to know if your knew that leaving your hero's horse at home can sometimes save your troops? 8o And do you know that you can actually calculate the difference in the combat simulator? Are you using it for attacking robber hide outs and/or robber camps?

I am looking forward to your answers!

kind regards,

BridgetB

• @Mayo_COM great to hear :)

@Skywalker well, you know because you are an experienced Kingdoms player. But we've been asked why you can switch the horse on and off in the combat simulator and if the hero in part of the infantry of cavallry.

My intention is to share "common knowledge" also with beginners.

How did you two get this information? Did you figure it out on your own or did some one tell you?

thank you for sharing!

BridgetB

• It's the same with Robber Hideouts.

Check the units and send only cavalry or only infantry. Here are two examples that have saved me MANY resources!
    I dont swap hero after a week, because hero is not very strong compared to regular troops anymore.

• hi iribuya

in the first scrn shot you don't actually used only cavalry because siege unit are count as infantry so you used mix of infantry and cavalry and in this specific case the defense efficiency will count the defense against infantry and cavalry in its equation. You actually can't send siege with just cavalry because you will need 1 siege unit at least and that siege is infantry. please try it with just attack (normal) no siege and you will notice the different.

kind regards

Red John
    Customer Service Representative & Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms AE

• I'm waiting for Bridget to finally read my PN and I see that she is looking at this thread at the moment.

please try it with just attack (normal) no siege and you will notice the different.

So I'll correct Red John because he writes terrible nonsense (especially confusing for beginners) and HOPE that Bridget reads my message then! :)

First of all: If this thread really is here to help beginners, iribuya did a good contribution with her example. It makes such a big difference if you attack with cav/inf only. That siege counts as infantry doesn't make the slightest (noticeable) difference. It's not like suddenly the defender is using 50% of his inf-defending strength because you have 1 ram accompanying you.

And because everyone could say that, I'll back it up by proof:

https://gyazo.com/3cdd1db2dcc83d3da9c52ddc77122f23
    https://gyazo.com/f9621e05d917599312fde936325e4d09

These are basics, and people should really get at least the easy stuff right. And now I hope Bidget is reading my PN. Thank you.

/edit: And it obviously doesn't make a (noticeable) difference if your hero is on the horse or without the horse if you attack in these numbers.

• hi iribuya

in the first scrn shot you don't actually used only cavalry because siege unit are count as infantry so you used mix of infantry and cavalry and in this specific case the defense efficiency will count the defense against infantry and cavalry in its equation. You actually can't send siege with just cavalry because you will need 1 siege unit at least and that siege is infantry. please try it with just attack (normal) no siege and you will notice the different.

kind regards

the noticeable difference when he turns the siege off he will notice is that his losses are even higher, isn't this to help beginners? You're sabotaging them hahaha

• Also, an interesting behavior I noticed was that the troop loss was minimized if the attack has a balanced Inf Off/Cav off ... Does this theory have enough weight? I dunno. I usually put seige on and play with the troop num (increase/decrease num) to find the perfect ratio for minimum resource loss by attack :)

• I've always thought that a balanced hammer, on average, works best against a balanced defense - again, on average. Don't remember the last time I saw any numbers on it tho. Since you're limited by crop - or you would be without NPC, too bad the game is pay-to-win - you can only build your hammer to a certain size. If it's true that the balanced hammer works best on average, and you expect the defense to be balanced on average too, you should always build your hammer in a balanced way.

I don't think any of it holds anymore for TK though. Currently, the defense you'll be up against will usually be a lot of phalanxes since the game isn't balanced anymore.

• Lord Bolton and Ammanurt: You are mixing up a lot. But since I just wanted to get Bridget's attention and it actually worked I'm not sure if I want to elaborate on all the stuff you confuse at the moment. Since that takes at least 15 minutes to straighten out.
    Quick version: Against a balanced defense it doesn't matter if you've a heavy cav hammer or a heavy inf hammer. In that case only attack-power counts.

Have a good evening.

• Well that's the quick and dirty version :P More attack-power ALWAYS wins against less defense power..The question was about what you should build, on average, if you're limited by crop. Of course if you're not limited by crop, 24/7 building across all barracks and stables is always best.

But a 3k (e.g. 3000 axes) infantry hammer versus balanced 3k defense or a 3k cavalry (say 1000 teutonic knights) vs the same 3k balanced defense will deal different amount of damage to the defense, the costs will be different too. So what's best on average, across all tribes? :D I've honestly never really known and can't be arsed to do any calculations myself. You seem to be enjoying it, you do it :D

• True, I enjoy doing this stuff but since a few years ago you don't even have to calculate it yourself. You can just use this website:

http://travian.kirilloid.ru/wa…=20&func=cu%2Ft&hd_lvl=20

There you get answers to all your questions, great side :p

For example, if you are really limited by crop pretty early you should consider playing Romans. Obviously they generate (by far) the most attack power in contrast to their crop consumption.

If you want to bash a lot, you should go with Teutons since they can rebuild their cheap clubs very fast and thus losses are cheaper and faster compensated.

Does that answer the question? :p