Relocating 15-Croppers

• Hello @Johnny#CZ(8)

our Game Designers went over all suggestions we got from players and also evaluated if there might raise other problems or disadvantages for every suggestion. They now came up with, in my opinion, a very good solution for every player. Now, the process started for all others in the team to implement the concept. That means, it still does take a while until you can see the final result and I am not sharing anything concrete yet in case that there are changes along the way.

I am sorry, I cannot share more details at this point.

kind regards,

BridgetB

Community Communications Manager

• Bridget,

Thanks for that update. By the sound of it, it looks like it will still take few months to be implemented, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    However, if we're starting a new game world and as much as we don't like the exploitation, it's kinda forcing our hands to be a part of the crowd just so the other kingdoms don't have an upper hand on us.
    Any chance this can be accelerated to block it in any upcoming servers to have a fair game and not see our planned croppers disappearing from map.

_Best Regards

• @Jak there is lots to gain, it allows people who didn't get croppers to multi account them inside their kingdoms like it's pizza delivery, that is the main issue and it still works even if there was 1 cropper per account limit.

• the main reason this thread was formed though was that MA's were relocating croppers into an area & then deleting the MA account and another was taking the empty slot for themselves. But if a restriction was placed on them, then this would fix that.

For mei feel a decent account only needs one cropper anyway

Instead in the future it's now going to be that you either choose between cropper or kingdom, as not everyone will be able to have both inside borders

• @Jak I think you misunderstood.
    1 cropper per account limit does nothing to stop people from getting that one cropper by multi accounting which is the biggest problem of moving croppers to start out with.

• no I didn't misunderstand, I just play a better game than the cheats anyway, so see no point in cheating. There are pro's and con's to all decisions made. I saw the relocation of croppers as a feature, not an abuse, but because some players abused it's feature it will be changed, forgive me but isn't that a bit of a misplaced solution?
    The bigger fix would be to address the problem of Multi-Accounting, rather than take away a feature just because it got abused, some corrupt players will always abuse the mechanics whilst they can find a way to do it. This means this will be an ever evolving game based on abuse rather than features.

The changes already made on borders restrictions means that relocating croppers has some drawbacks for the kingdom too, since very often if you move it inside borders then you will be sharing the same oasis as your team mates, but it's a compromise that a player makes to play with a team.

• no I didn't misunderstand, I just play a better game than the cheats anyway, so see no point in cheating. There are pro's and con's to all decisions made. I saw the relocation of croppers as a feature, not an abuse, but because some players abused it's feature it will be changed, forgive me but isn't that a bit of a misplaced solution?

They will never beat multiaccounters, at most they will make it a bit harder to MA.

In my opinion the whole relocating feature is kinda dumb, and i'm glad they're going to prevent people from jumping around the map looking for the best oasis bonuses there is available. People should race for the best croppers, not play lottery with the relocating system.

• the main reason this thread was formed though was that MA's were relocating croppers into an area & then deleting the MA account and another was taking the empty slot for themselves. But if a restriction was placed on them, then this would fix that.

For mei feel a decent account only needs one cropper anyway

Instead in the future it's now going to be that you either choose between cropper or kingdom, as not everyone will be able to have both inside borders

Nooo I want more than 1!

Agree with Jallu, even as someone who has benefited amazingly well from relocation feature it probably shouldn't be so easy to abuse.

But I want my multiple croppers to stay, not everyone gets king's treasure bonuses :P

Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM

• But I want my multiple croppers to stay, not everyone gets king's treasure bonuses

now come on Renuo, you know you are already richer than me :D

(point being that we all see benefits in different things, from my point of view if you hadn't been able to relocate your cropper you'd still be outside kingdom & we're halfway through a server now)
    for a team not interested in recruiting half the server it was a nice feature (sigh)

• My dream scenario would be that the number of Wood, Clay, Iron & Crop of a given village was something you as player where responsible of and able to adjust optimally. In the outset ALL tiles contained 4446 distributions. Later in the game each player could build a special building (Let's call it a FARM), which given it's level could transform X number of Wood, Clay & Iron into farmland (CROP). Specifically:
    Level 5: 1 Wood, Clay & Iron -> 3 Crop
    Level 10: 2 Wood, Clay & Iron -> 6 Crop
    Level 15: 3 Wood, Clay & Iron -> 9 Crop
    Level 20: 4 Wood, Clay & Iron -> 12 Crop

Finally, you would be able to make an 18 Cropper should you want. This budding could possibly be restricted to the capital.

This solution removes the unnecessary race to 15C's. It give's all players the option to play the 15C GOLD heavy game if they decides too. There are already so many hurdles to newcomers to this game, and this Fast Expand technic is just so unnecessary. And even to experienced player being 1 hours to late to settle could mean that your enemy got that 15C you had sent your settlers too .. and then you start a server with a pessimistic mood right from day 1.

With the system above it instead will be up to each individual players ability .. can you afford pulling in enough RES to make a 18C with level 18 Crop fields? Its about how you play for the reminder of the 149 days of the server.. not how well you master the Fast Expand the first day.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." ― Alexander the Great

The post was edited 1 time, last by Scorox ().

• I still dont understand whats wrong with settling on 15c sacrificing whole first villa and rellocating to the friends kingdom. Everyone has a chance of getting 15c near his kingdom, without relocation you have to be really active and settle in max 2 days until all 15c are taken. Its hard even on local server, I can imagine those off players on com servers building vw off in 4446 +100% cause nothing else left

• In the outset ALL tiles contained 4446 distributions.

There's 1 big problem with this. Non-standard 6C and 7C would all be gone. This would probably be a major problem, as they are very useful in most scenarios. And the amount of 150% 15C that would exist would be way too much with this. Of course not all of them would have the total 150% because of the way oasis bonus works but it would still be too many.

This solution removes the unnecessary race to 15C's. It give's all players the option to play the 15C GOLD heavy game if they decides too. There are already so many hurdles to newcomers to this game, and this Fast Expand technic is just so unnecessary. And even to experienced player being 1 hours to late to settle could mean that your enemy got that 15C you had sent your settlers too .. and then you start a server with a pessimistic mood right from day 1.

I wouldn't say that the race to 15C is a problem for new players. From what I see at least, most newcomers settle in a 6C or 7C. Only the ones that have already played Legends or are willing to spend a lot of money go for those 15C. And some players that are dualling with more experienced players. I really don't think it's much of a problem because it's not that hard to be impactful without a 15C.

I still dont understand whats wrong with settling on 15c sacrificing whole first villa and rellocating to the friends kingdom. Everyone has a chance of getting 15c near his kingdom, without relocation you have to be really active and settle in max 2 days until all 15c are taken. Its hard even on local server, I can imagine those off players on com servers building vw off in 4446 +100% cause nothing else left

I don't think the problem is getting a 15C and relocating to a kingdom. The problem is that you can make a terrible 15C into a a 150% 15C. If you look at the map, there are specific areas with 15C and 9C between kingdoms when the server starts. These areas usually have 2 oasis at max, and those croppers are, at max 100% (at least I've never seen any higher and the 100% is 2*50%).By moving them into a kingdom you are more likely to have 50% crop oases or just more oases in general. You can also relocate them multiple times, and get in and out and destroy treasuries really easily. This is the biggest problem.

• There's 1 big problem with this. Non-standard 6C and 7C would all be gone. This would probably be a major problem, as they are very useful in most scenarios. And the amount of 150% 15C that would exist would be way too much with this. Of course not all of them would have the total 150% because of the way oasis bonus works but it would still be too many.

I wouldn't say that the race to 15C is a problem for new players. From what I see at least, most newcomers settle in a 6C or 7C. Only the ones that have already played Legends or are willing to spend a lot of money go for those 15C. And some players that are dualling with more experienced players. I really don't think it's much of a problem because it's not that hard to be impactful without a 15C.

I don't think the problem is getting a 15C and relocating to a kingdom. The problem is that you can make a terrible 15C into a a 150% 15C. If you look at the map, there are specific areas with 15C and 9C between kingdoms when the server starts. These areas usually have 2 oasis at max, and those croppers are, at max 100% (at least I've never seen any higher and the 100% is 2*50%).By moving them into a kingdom you are more likely to have 50% crop oases or just more oases in general. You can also relocate them multiple times, and get in and out and destroy treasuries really easily. This is the biggest problem.

There's a few points:

"only 4446 on all other tiles":
    yes, that changes the map and gameplay a bit - it removes the component to choose a good ressource site with appropriate oasis. Not sure it's a big loss, as there's more to a decision about a village location than that, but it's definitely a competitive factor. It could possibly be re-introduced somewhat by changing gameplay in that respect that players can modify a tile. E.g. similar to "additional build slot" there could be cards like "convert to 3456" and similar, or possibly it's a hero-action which lasts 24 hours to landscape a village....

"race to 15c":
    I believe it's a problem for all players, new and experienced. The experienced just know that it's important, so it gives them an edge in this race. This race adds spice to the game start and rewards the active ones. So... I guess that's fair.
    Alternative suggestion for handling the map: have a changing map: Every day at change of day, modify at random a certain percentage of the un-occupied tiles to another tile. This would give everyone a chance to grab one, even later in the game. For instance, the "change tile chance" could be like 1/50 and when a tile changes state it could be distributed like
    50% 4446
    30% 3456, 3546, 4356, 5346, 4536, 5436
    13% 3447, 4347, 4437
    5% 9c
    2% 15c

"relocating 15c":
    There I do believe both is a problem: having your 15c inside the kingdom gives you a great advantage in developing the village itself (or possibly giving it as supply village to a friend / ally). And upgrading it to a better 15c with better oasis coverage is also a problem - both is not nice and give a unfair advantage.

• A fine tuning for that idea could be a building called "farmer" (or something bit more generic like prospectors hut or what ever)
    How it would work is that it would allow you to terraform the fields to your liking and the limit to field of any one type would be the lvl -2 so lvl 20 would allow for the 18-0-0-0 setup while a lvl 9 would allow you to have max 7 of one type of field (like say adding one crop or making a 7-2-7-2 for example). Terraforming would be more expensive the more of any one type of field you have already in the village which would mean you can create those 3/4/5 for roman defense pretty cheaply while the 0-0-0-18 would be really expensive.

Tho I do have to say I do enjoy the varied map as well :D

• A fine tuning for that idea could be a building called "farmer" (or something bit more generic like prospectors hut or what ever)
    How it would work is that it would allow you to terraform the fields to your liking and the limit to field of any one type would be the lvl -2 so lvl 20 would allow for the 18-0-0-0 setup while a lvl 9 would allow you to have max 7 of one type of field (like say adding one crop or making a 7-2-7-2 for example). Terraforming would be more expensive the more of any one type of field you have already in the village which would mean you can create those 3/4/5 for roman defense pretty cheaply while the 0-0-0-18 would be really expensive.

Tho I do have to say I do enjoy the varied map as well :D

Ye, this was pretty much what I meant. I just did not have the time to be that detailed at that specific moment. Nice to see someone else finding the "FARM/Terraforming" building idea interesting :)

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." ― Alexander the Great