Travian Subscription based Silver VIP and Gold VIP server.

• This will be my 500th post, so I’ll make something special out of it :)

Gold in Travian Kingdoms

One of my bigger disappointments about this game is, how it uses the Free 2 Play concept in a way that’s, for a big part, Pay 2 Win in the early (most important) days.

Every new server you can find those players on the auction house and buy all cages/bandages/health potions/helmets and swords for ridiculous prices. €10 spend on a helmet for Culture Point production and €5 to completely heal your hero back again twice a day (helmet and potions). Then as soon as the artworks show up after a couple days then they double their CP outcome for 10 days and get an unfair advantage over everyone. These players support Travian and I understand that a business needs to make money to employ and keep servers running, but mostly keep investors happy.

My goal of this post is not to take this “earning” part away, but to change it in a way that it will be competitive for everyone AND make sure revenue is created on a regular basis.
    I’m suggesting a server that is Free 2 play and register, but you can buy 2 kinds of VIP accounts that will give standard benefits and a little freedom for other options.

F2P: Gets 20 gold/week FREE (Anyone can register)
    Silver VIP: Gets 150 gold/week + PLUS, Resource/Crop bonus activated all server €15/month
    Gold VIP: Gets 200 gold/week + silver VIP + building slots all free and trade routes €20/month

The gold you can spend on anything extra you want: Cardgames, instabuild, NPC, Silver conversion.
    It’s NOT possible to transfer any gold ON or OFF this server.

If 20% of a 2.000 player server would take this feature it would generate €8000 / month for a single server.

Another way to generate some income would be Cosmetic features for hero/village/item
    If you could make the Sword of Imperian have blood on it or something like that I’m sure some people would pay for that. A paint job for armors/helmets and boots is also something you can easily make a few extra coins. Don’t forget new hair colors and pirate eye patches for your Heroes for only €3. You can even give the option to buy some kind of pet wolf/pig/eagle (that doesn’t do anything), but can make your avatar look a bit more unique.

This thread has been pushed by me many times, but I want to keep pushing it, because I feel that players really want this. We’ve seen on the TEST that you don’t need a lot of gold to play this game, and it can get pretty competitive. There are other changes that need to be made to this game, but this is goldfeature is one of my concerns and I want a civilized discussion about it.
    The question should be: How can Travian make money, but also Keep generating income in the long-run without ruining the game.

iribuya

:thumbdown: OR :thumbsup: ?

• Just compare end game active players of comx3 with end game active players of TEST

comx3 = unlimited/freedom to gold purchase
    TEST = limited gold

Pretty sure the devs can check statistics in gameworld archives :)

But my opinion to your ideas
    hmm they are good
    but I don't agree with the subscriptions

either they give 50 gold every week to everyone
    but still will not stop gold whales from doing their thing, it will be fine.

If you are really a good player then some advantage in npc, insta finish and few items won't hinder you from being the top players.

Afterall, this is a team game so the best team will still win regardless of some hard golder players.

"You can do a hundreds of good deeds but everyone will remember the 1 mistake you will do."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Archer ().

• Decided to play RoN while they fix the VP problem on TK and I now realise just how much more pay to win TK is than TL.

People are kidding themselves that it's all about skill.

• In my opinion artworks are the most and only overpowered gold feature in normal speed. Increasing your culture point production by slightly above 50% in the beginning is very, very strong. That all other gold features do give you an advantage is obvious and of course intended. Travian needs to gain money, too. Some of the features (instant delivery, instant completion, instant fetch trbutes) grant nearly no real advantage but feel very advantageous, because the most people - me included - are very impatient. Features like additional merchant runs, additional building queue slots, most of the plus features like celebration and smithy queue help you to compensate inactivity. And the very most other features (water bucket, resource chests, free adventure, ...) are limited in uses (so are artworks, but their bonus is still very very strong).

So I'd like to know which features are P2W in your eyes and why.

@RoyalBlue screenshot: Don't forget it needs two participants to reach that prizes. ^^

• In my opinion artworks are the most and only overpowered gold feature in normal speed. Increasing your culture point production by slightly above 50% in the beginning is very, very strong. That all other gold features do give you an advantage is obvious and of course intended. Travian needs to gain money, too. Some of the features (instant delivery, instant completion, instant fetch trbutes) grant nearly no real advantage but feel very advantageous, because the most people - me included - are very impatient. Features like additional merchant runs, additional building queue slots, most of the plus features like celebration and smithy queue help you to compensate inactivity. And the very most other features (water bucket, resource chests, free adventure, ...) are limited in uses (so are artworks, but their bonus is still very very strong).

So I'd like to know which features are P2W in your eyes and why.

Exactly what i always say to iribuya when he comes up with his crazy ideas about travian being a p2w :D

the best goldbonusses (travian plus, cropbonus, resbonus) are actually pretty cheap and you can compete with the "goldwales" on that level.

If 20% of a 2.000 player server would take this feature it would generate €8000 / month for a single server.

i think your estimation of 20% is a bit exaggerated, 400 people will never pay 15€/month or perhaps the first 2 servers but after i would be surprised if it was more then 10%

• Perhaps you forgot what TL is like.

The whole auction process is a lot more gold-intensive on TK. In time that doesn't mean so much, but at the start there's a big difference - the fully kitted out and consumable rich gold whale can make a much faster start. Also non-Whales don't have the chance to make a lucky silver killing on TK, exaggerating the difference further.

The card game - if gold is no object you can get a number of decent boosts, again especially early in the server.

Being able to use a bucket and 100 potions a day is pretty advantageous, again especially at the beginning (although this is also true on TL).

Sure other advantages are mainly small, but they add up.

The big boost you get at the start as a gold whale means you can get the best spots and more res = more troops. Sure, in the long run you still need to show some skill to take full advantage, but trying to pretend that this advantage is either minor or fleeting is simply self-serving nonsense.

• I have a hard time understanding why people always mention the resource bonusses as more OP and more p2w than instant merchant and instant complete. If you/your alliance is next to me/my alliance, you can still outsmart me and win in a direct fight if the only difference is resources. But if there's a difference in the amount of times you can instant complete/instant merchant, I will win every time. There are so many tricks with ic and im that people dont seem to realize.... You will have a hard time attacking me. Can't conquer my stuff when I can instantly get 100% loyalty and you suddenly need twice the amount of chiefs and cp you had planned on, or need cat waves after you have already sent out your regular conquering attacks. You cat wave me? Instant merchant + ic and the damage is undone. I want a large celebration and a lvl20 wall somewhere but didnt plan for it? No problemo, ic+im and it's all there...Meanwhile you cannot do any of these things.

• Exactly what i always say to iribuya when he comes up with his crazy ideas about travian being a p2w

the best goldbonusses (travian plus, cropbonus, resbonus) are actually pretty cheap and you can compete with the "goldwales" on that level.

I think being able to instabuild a city from settlers in a day is a bit more powerful than getting a bit more crop. Especially when most of your income comes from raiding or tributes.

• If you are lucky and get an item at the very beginning you can sell it for 100k silver easy and compete with gold whales when the price drops easily :D

Wow!! Have you actually tried selling any item? lol. In dreams you get such kinda silver for any item.... Incase you don't know, the selling prices is the avg price of that item in the current auction system .... I liked the older T4 auction system (I know there have been some silver farming issues... they are solvable).

• Wow!! Have you actually tried selling any item? lol. In dreams you get such kinda silver for any item.... Incase you don't know, the selling prices is the avg price of that item in the current auction system .... I liked the older T4 auction system (I know there have been some silver farming issues... they are solvable).

Yes I have sold a 550 point club on the first day it was available to sell for 117k silver :D
    I have also sold a CP helmet for 80k silver :P
    Maybe you should go try again ^^