Reduce Metas idea

• I have idea ( i think is good and worth test it )
    Some of us really hate Meta kingdoms , for me its just not fun and over powered in some way :) but i have idea .
    Bigger kingdom border is , stronger camps are . And i say REALLY strong .. , not 100-200 trops but lets say attacker loosing 20-30% off trops . Now is just like push for big kingdom .
    Its give some chances to smaller kingdoms :)
    Also hideouts shuld be stronger , a lot stronger . And when Aliance/Kingdom bulid WW , more players in kingdom , stronger natarian attack . And ofc with more rams/catas .
    Why Kingdom with 300 players have same strong Natarian , camps waves like 30 players one?

Sorry for my English :P

• I like this idea. You could directly bind this to the number of members. Lets say a kingdom with 30 members has "normal" (100%) robbers. With every additional member the robbers get 10% (probably more, 400% robbers camps for 60 members would still be weak) stronger. And maybe for lesser members you get weaker robbers.
    But the problem is that you are still be able to build huge metas just with a lot of smaller allied kingdoms >_>

• That is a good idea, limiting the number of players in a kingdom and making robber camps thougher and thougher to kill as the number of players in the kingdom increases (not only more waves but more troops per wave). And the same should go with WWs, the higher is the number of the players the stronger are the natarian waves.
    Obviously this would help only for the case of a "single kingdom" meta, but the problem is when the meta is made with a lot of smaller kingdoms that acts as wings. As suggested in another topic I'd suggest that troops and res can be send to the WWs only from players of the kingdom that holds such WW. And just in general, reinforcements to other kingdom's players should be limited a lot, or maybe even eliminated.

• If the number of players per kingdom is limited to 60, sending reins or resources to anyone outside your kingdom is prevented, and only kingdom members owning a WW can feed or rein it, this would be a simple solution. The per capita idea above could also be added. As always someone will find a way around it, but it's got to be better than it is now. So many governors in servers dominated by metas are deleting out of boredom.

Maybe the developers could trial this idea in a special server?

• Hey players, just wanted to let you know that what you're discussing here is one of the central goals of our current design efforts. We want the game to be a fair challenge for everyone involved. So if you take a lot of players into your kingdom, you should indeed be facing some tougher obstacles in turn, to make up for the advantage that this strategy is granting you.

Making use of natars, robbers or some kind of increasing "upkeep cost" for bigger kingdoms in general are all among the options we're currently thinking about already. Keep the ideas coming! :)

• Big meta is boring indeed.
    How about to make robber hideout/camp with blacksmith upgrade or wall or even water ditch when the kingdom is more than the average number of player in top 10 too much?

• If the number of players per kingdom is limited to 60, sending reins or resources to anyone outside your kingdom is prevented, and only kingdom members owning a WW can feed or rein it, this would be a simple solution. The per capita idea above could also be added. As always someone will find a way around it, but it's got to be better than it is now. So many governors in servers dominated by metas are deleting out of boredom.

Maybe the developers could trial this idea in a special server?

This is more important than people realise.

Limiting the size of a kingdom or adding negatives alone is not enough. These guys aren't stupid they will just make Meta1,Meta2,Meta3,etc. etc. tiny kingdoms to take advantage.

Stopping reinforcement is the only step you can take to reduce this problem (you won't be able to stop them attacking the same kingdoms).

Minister of Propaganda [BM]TM

• Limit Kingdom size and allow friends to spawn in together... this limits excessively large kingdoms and it will make the need for large ones less since you will be with your friends from the beginning.

• Possible ideas, in addition to the ones already expressed :

1. Crop costs increase in line with Kingdom size.
    2. Put a limit on the number of times you can change Kingdoms.
    3. Give a def increase if defenders are only from one Kingdom (maybe offset this by making attacks a bit stronger).
    4. Can only do 1:1 trading with other Kingdoms (in addition to not being able to send them res).
    5. Have a limit on the res that you can rob from one particular player (this is a TL idea from RoA)

Of the ones expressed, harder robbers is more XP, so maybe smaller rewards would work better.

• Fabian, as Renuo said, just handicapping bigger kingdoms in some way is not enough, as the metas will just be a mass of small kingdoms helping each other. I think they would actually be the smallest kingdoms of all to take advantage of the benefits it would give, which would then give them a big advantage and undo what the aim is. They would run out of alphabet letters put after their kingdom name as there would be that many. In addition to what I suggested above, I'd also like to suggest a limit of 1 WW per kingdom.

• Fabian, as Renuo said, just handicapping bigger kingdoms in some way is not enough, as the metas will just be a mass of small kingdoms helping each other. I think they would actually be the smallest kingdoms of all to take advantage of the benefits it would give, which would then give them a big advantage and undo what the aim is. They would run out of alphabet letters put after their kingdom name as there would be that many. In addition to what I suggested above, I'd also like to suggest a limit of 1 WW per kingdom.

1. This will take a lot more organisation and I think you will find that even the current meta organisation is stretching people.
    2. You can increase the mechanisms to stop Kingdom's joining each other, e.g. after day X anyone who's a King/Duke can never join another Kingdom.

• 1. This will take a lot more organisation and I think you will find that even the current meta organisation is stretching people.2. You can increase the mechanisms to stop Kingdom's joining each other, e.g. after day X anyone who's a King/Duke can never join another Kingdom.

I don't think there should be a limit as to what faction a player can join - whatever his or her history on the server. It would not solve the problem either that big metas can be created - they'd then simply provide support outside of that kingdom.

Maybe it should not so much be that players changing factions should be limited, but doing so impact the victory points. Some random thoughts:

* taking up a new player reduces the kingdom's victory points (maybe 1/n if n is the amount of current players)
    * award victory points for treasures per player or treasures / sqrt(# players), instead of just treasures
    * if victory points depend on player count in the kingdom it must be a penalty to kick people (not loosing them due to leaving on their own or becoming inactive): reduce victory points by 1/n where n is the number of members of the kingdom.
    * limit the number of WWs per kingdom to one. Or count only the highest if it has several

• Having metas split up in lots of smaller alliances is probably good enough for me. The added organisation necessary usually means they can't do anything.

Otherwise, the ability to send reinforcements only within your own kingdom should be nice. Couple that with a kingdom-wide morale "bonus", that decreases your off and def strength in each battle if your kingdom is larger than the other kingdom.