New COM6 - A sim fest? Discussion about Dry Season [edited]

• On the second Round of COM4, there were 6 different teams holding a WW, and until the end it was anyone's game, there are some really good servers once in a while, but the majority of the time it's meta fest or similar unfortunately.
    About the treasuries thing I don't know, I don't think it's relevant wrt the gameplay itself but it made me think that it would be really nice for this special server that nearby villages to the treasuries produce crop based on the numberOfTreasuries/villageDistanceFromTreasury, so that governors need to settle nearby treasuries, get an advantage out of it aswell and can help the kingdom more with crop in this particular case.

• not really a sim fest.

limited crop will also limit the use of party. so there will be less cp and less villages unless they player is a hardcore simcity like me.
    and natar 15c will be very important as well as treasuries.

i dont think ppl would stop building 15c capital or city just because it is more expensive and no finish now which seems to be less ROI, however they would definitely pick 15c with good oasis carefully and 15c with not much oasis bonus to be developed later. After all, they will still keep building it. since 50% increase in merchants capacity will ensure that building a 15c is actually more profitable than you think.

but since those 15cs are so high value, losing it would send somebody into trouble. cating a 15c especially a capital 15c would do some real damage. i mean real damage.

there will be still big hammers everywhere just like the normal server in later game after the beginning of 15c city and chief of natar 15c. and of course, more fighting since ppl have more difficulty in sustaining their troops and treasuries are more precious.

Off Roman has the biggest advantage in this ver for sure as well as their scout hammer. i dont think i need to explain it.
    second by Gaul's TT hammer for treasuries hunting and best merchant for support.
    third, as the dev said, Teuton scout for anti scouting and spearman for anti TT/imp hammer.

• #GoldWhalingArtworksFTW

Yeah, people without gold will have an harder time follow the simming of gold users.

Having a 15C is actually a really bad idea, it's not worth investing resources into it, it's a lot better to have a high field 6C capital, from which you can train a lot more troops faster and be able to deploy them every week or so and rebuild them fast. The crop of a 15C being halved and the cost being 150% it's not worth the investment after lvl 13/14, even before probably. And no there wouldn't be big hammers beyond 100k, unless the guy has 30 people giving him crop 24/7, 100k to sustain in this conditions is really really hard imo.

• #GoldWhalingArtworksFTW

Yeah, people without gold will have an harder time follow the simming of gold users.

Having a 15C is actually a really bad idea, it's not worth investing resources into it, it's a lot better to have a high field 6C capital, from which you can train a lot more troops faster and be able to deploy them every week or so and rebuild them fast. The crop of a 15C being halved and the cost being 150% it's not worth the investment after lvl 13/14, even before probably. And no there wouldn't be big hammers beyond 100k, unless the guy has 30 people giving him crop 24/7, 100k to sustain in this conditions is really really hard imo.

I'm tempted to prove you wrong and make a 150k army :D as Knights will fight for the victory of upcoming Com6 i get the perfect sample to try it out. Btw, the crop production generated by treasures will be a lot more valuable now and it will actually be easier to manage crop as a king.

• 1 more addition because some may have the wrong impression:

Even though the crop field cannot be finished immediately and cost more to level up, they will be regenerated then and produce as much crop as on a normal round. It is just harder to get there.

Community Communications Manager

• 1 more addition because some may have the wrong impression:

Even though the crop field cannot be finished immediately and cost more to level up, they will be regenerated then and produce as much crop as on a normal round. It is just harder to get there.

Whoa that's one hell of a piece of information unclarified so far :D So its probably a stupid question now but to get it 100% right. If i have my crop field on lvl 15.. and a villain catas it down, i dont have to waste more res to get it up to 15 as it will regenerate itself to 15 automatically? how long does it take and does it take a construction slot for that?

• regenerate itself to 15 automatically?

no no no, that is not what I meant. I just meant when you finally built up your crop fields, that cost 50% more than on an usual round and cannot be finished immediately, you get as much crop production as usual with them. IDK why, but I think some players assumed, the crop production will also be reduced. That is not true and that is what I wanted to clarify.

With regenerating I meant in a figurative perspective: First, there is a dry season and it is really hard for you all to till your fields, and then when you were successful, you get the same amount to harvest.

Is it now more clear?

Community Communications Manager

• I thought and understood that the crop production was also halved! That changes a lot of stuff, like A LOT.

Then making normal size armies it's completely feasible, 150k troops its not hard to do then :P

You just need to reconsider the field investment on the long term and how much they will payback, I guess that going over level 15/16 won't payback even if you finish them before day70/80 because of the increased cost.
    As a governor if you work toward a chiefing a Natarian village, raid heavily and bring it to level 15/16, and with some exterior pushes you can for sure reach 150k+ troops.

Just for confirmation, we can't NPC resources into CROP right? So that will be the biggest downside and problem to face, either you get your governor to stack a lot of treasuries or you need to be a king. Either way, the global amount of troops will heavily fall due to this and cropfields will be a main focus for attackers to hurt enemies.

• no no no, that is not what I meant. I just meant when you finally built up your crop fields, that cost 50% more than on an usual round and cannot be finished immediately, you get as much crop production as usual with them. IDK why, but I think some players assumed, the crop production will also be reduced. That is not true and that is what I wanted to clarify.
    With regenerating I meant in a figurative perspective: First, there is a dry season and it is really hard for you all to till your fields, and then when you were successful, you get the same amount to harvest.

Is it now more clear?

thankyou for clearing it out! :)

• If they are changing to 3 dukes and limiting crop production, it means they want treasure to become more important and to increase treasure fights. Each duke and king will have more treasure and get bigger crop bonus. And one will want to take all those huge piles of treasure from other kings and dukes.
    This is all good news to all us governors as kings and dukes roles will get more action, and lets hope us governors will be ignored even more. Many, many of us will sim our way to victory while kings crumble do dust.

The age of governors is just beginning :)

The king is dead, long live the king!

• Mmh not really, treasury production will stay the same, hence people will get the same amount of treasury they would get with 4 dukes, now since they will have more treasuries than before since there is one less duke it means they need to sim faster to get out those villages, which means being more spread. In this particular case, sim fast and spread fast is really hard since you have no crop and it costs more, so at least for early game and midgame kings and dukes won't get any benefit from it, they won't have more crop nor treasuries but they will need to spend all their time and resources towards having more villages and more treasuries which costs a lot. After a while, once again in particular in this case, the number of treasuries king and duke can have will be capped because of the time that they don't have to sim not because of the treasuries they have. Also keep in mind that since the number of treasuries in a server is always the same since they are generated by the robbers hideout of governors, there is going to be a huge overflow of treasuries in every kingdom so there is no point on going chase other kingdom treasuries thinking that you will produce more crop because of it. Governors will probably end up paying for the extra resources kings and dukes need to pay sadly as it already happens now :(

The reasons on why people should attack or not dukes/kings won't be affected by this changes, best case scenario its the exact opposite, if you want to stop other people from having more treasuries and reducing their crop production and not yours you should either steal their governors or attack them and make them delete.

• Just when I thought they cannot come up with anything dumber than they already have, they prove me wrong.

The 50% cost will limit crop fields to what? lvl 14-15 max. Awful idea. Like attacking is not already near impossible for the smaller kingdoms, so let's make it completely impossible.
    This will only help the metas and hurt the smaller teams.

• hence people will get the same amount of treasury they would get with 4 dukes

As you say treasure is generated mostly by governors. Lets say kingdom has 5000 treasure and king +4 dukes each have 1000 treasure. If you have 5000 treasure and king+3 dukes, then each have 1250 treasure. and you have bonus of 250 crop. King and dukes that start taking treasures early and are effective might get too much advantage and cripple other kingdoms so much that game turns into 3 kingdoms game. We will see and devs will make corrections.

But I also see that kingdoms that can cooperate well will have advantage. Premades will have big advantage. What I saw mostly by now is kingdoms members play their own game until WW comes out. Then real cooperation starts and everyone attack and send crop and defense. Kingdoms will have to play end game style from beggining in this diet mode. This was probably also intention of devs.

As I said earlier, age of governors is here, they will become more important, not just something to use and not care during the game and just pay attention to them when you need them for WW.

Ofc, I might be wrong in all this and game stays just as before ;)

• Yeah but the time to gather it will be the same at the beginning, you have one less duke so one less source of treasure income so those 1k treasuries won't be in your pocket at the same moment but slightly later. And again, the beginning will be slower and painful, unless you are a meta that feed himself from lots of wing kingdoms, and afterwards when there are excess treasuries things will stall because they won't have enough villages, because simming as usual will be harder.

Governors are important, it depends if they play in a meta or not :P