New COM6 - A sim fest? Discussion about Dry Season [edited]

• We renamed that strategy has suicide settle since you destroy your spawn to settle on a 9C/15C elsewhere, but actually doing it on the upcoming COM6 is actually a complete suicide and it makes no sense doing it. If you are with a group that doesn't want to stay in the middle you should wait a few hours or a day before settling in order to avoid the center.

• Hello @Mandy
    the quest rewards were not modified for this version which means that this strategy will be a bit hard to pull out

Kind regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hi All,

This Special Server Sounds interesting. As far as I can see the early game will decide about the end, And choice of first village will have most important role. You can Settle a normal village to gain fast resources for developing a cropper later in faster way or YOU can settle a cropper earlier to gain some crop advantage earlier or you can grab ( chief ) a natarian village to get a cropper for fast and effective crop supply. it will be your Choice according to your playstyle.

As most people have said Teamwork will be most important factor in this game and a necessarily one. Building Big hammers will not be much difficult and I hope most players will make it. The only reason which will keep hammers at mid sizes will be the fights which will be fought throughout the round.This Game will be perfect for Gauls. Romans can have early and mid game advantage due to their infantry/crop. Teutons advantage will be clubs only.

I dont know whether it is true or not but the thing I noticed is that it will be difficult for Defense players. There will be a huge advantage to governors if they follow a specific strategy. It will be difficult for kings and maybe more difficult for dukes as well.

I will be on this server and I am looking forward to you guys as well.

Regards,

BJ | TM Mehr

• Sounds like active robbers will have the advantage of being able to afford big hammers/anvils while everyone else struggles to scrape together defense. Raiding is probably going to be super important... maybe even more than usual.

• Mayo, I did the suicide settler.
    Took me exactly 24 hours to send them. They are still on the way to their target (8 hour trip, 150% 15).
    I think I got a bit lucky with adventures (5 gave me resources) but overall it is just as viable. Only an hour or two slower than usual. Definitely worth it I think.
    Unless they bounce :(.
    Will tell you in 5 hours.

• Youp, I also thought that would be the only way it would be viable. I thought it would be viable too because even if crop fields costs more, with two 50% crop your crop production would be insanely high and if you are a gold user, high crop prod = lots of resources = higher fields and loop
    BUT I just saw that you can't even NPC crop into resources which is why I definitely think that it's the worst thing one can do on COM6 at the moment as second village or as fast settling guide second village.

The question wasn't whether you could send settlers or not, it was about the viability of it afterwards in terms of economic growth and therefore build trooping planning and right now I don't see any reason to settle on a 15C as second village, you won't be able to do anything.

This being said there is an exception to it:
    --> Be the trade master, aka exchange crop vs other resources if you have allies, but if you are alone, be careful, if I was a neighbor of yours seeing you in a 15C as first and only village I would just farm you instead of exchanging resources to someone who has likely nothing

• but..but... I NEED TO FEED THEM HORSES! :)
    I needz that 150% 15.
    Yeah the first week or two I will be way behind but I think in the long run it is worth it, still.
    I am Roman so once the trade office kicks in, maybe crop will sell for a good ratio if there is a shortage and I will rake it in then.

• It's not about how fast you can settle, with some luck the guide is just as effective, the problems come afterwards, the problem is you won't have any income, if you raid and crash you're done, if you have no friends and get farmed you're done :P
    #Natarians #6C

• As someone who played the game in the early days of 2005/2006 this server sounds exciting.

There was no gold at all,no fields over lvl 10 and no way to NPC/insta finish.And we had so much fun - teamwork was essential!

Can't really understand the obsession with numbers.A 60-80k hammer(the biggest ones back in the days) was as effective and scary as the 500k+ people build nowadays.

Maybe they should inflate the numbers by a 10x factor so people like Mayo can enjoy ''huge hammers".

:D

• Accord is back, let's the trashtalk start again!

You know if you read all the posts instead of only disliking them right away, you would see it's not about the size :P Although I would have bigger hammers than yours anyway ;) While using them obviously.

Teamwork is always essential, depends against who and with whom you play.

I'll leave you at downvoting everysingle post now, let me know when you're done :)

EDIT: This has nothing to do with the discussion of the dry season server, you might aswell delete it. And accord please bring something constructive to the matter except your unconditional troll attitude towards me :) Btw if you would PM me why you're so obsessed with me, I'm kind of curious why I have such a fan!

• This has nothing to do with the discussion of the dry season server, you might aswell delete it. And accord please bring something constructive to the matter except your unconditional troll attitude towards me Btw if you would PM me why you're so obsessed with me, I'm kind of curious why I have such a fan!

Don't flatter yourself i'm not obsessed with you at all.

And it has everything to do with the discussion since the dry server is pretty much similar with how Travian was in the early days i'm talking about.No instabuilding and no NPC with limited crop overall.

What i'm trying to say,in a constructive manner,is that this server is appealing to some of the veterans like myself and that is totally fair and playable.It's you that feels the devs have something against ''big hammers players'' and feel victimized.

Chill my friend.It's an awesome server and i'm enjoying it every bit!

P.S:I would never troll a fellow forum mate and Travian player like this. :(

Although I would have bigger hammers than yours anyway ;) While using them obviously.

• And it has everything to do with the discussion since the dry server is pretty much similar with how Travian was in the early days i'm talking about.No instabuilding and no NPC with limited crop overall.

What i'm trying to say,in a constructive manner,is that this server is appealing to some of the veterans like myself and that is totally fair and playable.It's you that feels the devs have something against ''big hammers players'' and feel victimized.

And yet it has nothing to do with what the game was back then, you're just delusional about getting back the game to what it was. If you are a veteran, whether you play on a normal or a dry season server it should be completely fair and playable. I mean the average player level on tk is low, if you need this mode to play on an even ground with other people I guess well you could use some advices about the game. This mode has ups and downs, gold whales will have a really big advantage by buying over priced artworks and developing a lot faster (parties won't be an option, especially early game), especially goldwhales with lots of premades. The remaining player indeed will fight on an even ground, but they will have an hard time against the ones who have premade team and gold whales. Also keep in mind there is no cranny for crop which means semi inactive players / governors that log once a day will be the main victim of this mode, especially early game where having troops isn't much of an option if you don't have a team behind you. Then again you can be the lucky obedient governor and falling into the kingdom that will help you or just be borde with a bad king and quit shortly after without having many options on what to do to survive if you are raided continuously.

About the second part of your sentence I've no idea of what you are talking about and it shows you havn't read a message in this thread, even after being banned you still havn't learned your lesson. Anyway it has nothing to do with the discussion. Having less troops can be a good thing or a bad thing we'll see it, it has a different strategic meaning (fighting more often? how to def WW? how to attack WWs? do you need to attack WWs? Romans are OP? Etc..) which is why it has been said it would be interesting how it plays out, obviously to know that you might need to read the posts before.

You did your homework though, you did downvote every single one of my posts, I'm waiting for the remainings ;)

• I cannot fully grasp your anger towards me,i'm the most polite guy you could meet.Why so angry ? :)

Yes, it's really interesting to see how this lovely server plays out.I only wanted to point out it's not necessarily going to be a sim fest as your very own thread implies.I'm pretty sure there's gonna be lots of activity and military ops.

And i read every post before giving feedback(be it positive or negative).Sometimes they just don't make sense(like with the banning part) but i still keep it polite!

Cheers my friend let's meet on the dry battlefield! :thumbup:

• I only wanted to point out it's not necessarily going to be a sim fest as your very own thread implies.I'm pretty sure there's gonna be lots of activity and military ops.

Ah so you agree with what others and myself said I see. You indeed give a feedback based on what you read.

I'll leave you at it, if you read your own posts you will see your own contradictions,. I had fun feeding the troll now that he's back though.

@Mandy: It would be really interesting if you could give some tips about the settling guide you followed. I've seen many people try it but having troubles due to restrictions and needing 30hours+ to do it.
    Btw, let me know how it is to have a 15C as capital right away without having the possibility to NPC crop and such, really curious how it plays out for you.