vacation mode

• Hey there Europe :)
    we thought about possible exploits to this system and took the appropriate measures to prevent them. More information and the exact requirements for entering vacation mode can be found in the blog article.

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Actually this information is already available in the blog that came up before the update: http://blog.kingdoms.com/2017/07/21/vacation-mode/

Namely that there will be a 48 hours (24 for speed) countdown before it starts, in that meantime they can be attacked by everyone. After that they cannot. But since it only lasts 14 vacation days and VP production is stopped in that time the abuse should not be as prevalent.

We will see soon though if anyone does try to abuse the system though, then Travian may have to tweak it I suppose.

• "But be aware that once started, a vacation day will always count as a full day and you will not be reimbursed in any way."
    from the blog post

straight of what i'm thinking here is you go into VM (lets say for 5 minutes) and recieve the 100% boost for a day? that sounds like a big exploit :P

• "But be aware that once started, a vacation day will always count as a full day and you will not be reimbursed in any way."
    from the blog post

straight of what i'm thinking here is you go into VM (lets say for 5 minutes) and recieve the 100% boost for a day? that sounds like a big exploit :P

I'd assume (might be wrong tho) that it only counts for the 14days limit as a whole day. A bit below it says that the bonus last for as long as you were protected. So for 5 minutes

• I'd assume (might be wrong tho) that it only counts for the 14days limit as a whole day. A bit below it says that the bonus last for as long as you were protected. So for 5 minutes

Hey guys,
    @Marshmallowman is correct, if you have activated vacation mode for let's say 3 days and then decide to end it 1 hour after the second day is over, the system will consume 3 full days out of the 14 days limit. However, the resource bonus will last exactly the amount of time you've been under protection.

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hey,
    How about the corp production:
    - If i go on vacation and have -corp production, can other player still send corp to me?
    - Trade routes i set up befor vacationmode continues(?) can i cancel them if my cranny overflow? can a sitter still take control about this things?

• I have a suggestion for this new mode. It would be great if you had a second choice of production that you reduce your production maybe with 50%, it could enable that you do not fall as far behind as you otherwise would.

Also it would not kill your players playing during the vacation time for sure you could still chose the no production mode. Maybe a good idea? I do not know.

• Vacation mode is already in the game, it's a normal feature and should be available on all servers now.

Indeed there will be no special "vacation mode game world". It's a regular feature available on all current and future game worlds.

• I have to say that I don't like it at all. Several times now I've had fights with a player (i.e. we've both been attacking each other) and when I've "won" they simply trip vacation mode and can rebuild troops in peace. And I miss farming them for 2 weeks.

Bad!

• Gee, really it punishes active players? Shocker, it's almost as if that's the sole intention of this game :D

It punishes successful players; obviously it also punishes farmers. These players tend to be active, but it's a secondary effect rather than the target. The target is clearly to help bad players. I have no problem in the game helping noobs, but this goes beyond that. If it doesn't reward successful risk taking then nobody will take risks, i.e. everyone will stick to just raiding inactives.