Kingdom unions: Rebalancing changes discussion

• Yeah no merge yet, but remember you can now build more than 1 treasury on the same village once you reach lvl 20th, the new treasurys can be activated right away you dont need 10k treasures for that

• You know the devs screwed up when u do a big announce for a merge server and even the T3 items spawned and not even a single information or news about the merge release is announced yet, just travian things as always.

• They keep changing the game, figuring out the new thing doesn't work, and change more. At no point have they considered reverting some changes, or maybe ask the players if the new changes are for the better. They just push and push and push randomly and hope the players don't leave once this game is not travian at all anymore.

• [Ammanurt rant in 3, 2, 1..]

2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Pretty much that has been the case since I joined at closed beta, yup. Or rather, it has been the case I suppose since before that, the beginning of T4 or possibly before that. So so much could've been avoided, and the game could have been so much better for it, if they had listened to ANY of the veterans that have virtually without exception left the game over time (and what new players have been retained?). The devs seem more interested in making it look like they care, than in actually caring about what players have to say. I've been waiting and almost hoping for this game to get shitcanned for quite a while now, it's obviously terrible for their company but somehow that's apparently infinitely okay?

I still keep up with the forum, can't look away, it's like watching a car crash. I wonder how much more development money they're going to waste before they realize this game isn't going to work because it can't work. Too many inconsistencies in the general design. Too flawed execution/implementation of the design. Imho, not enough insight into what made the old games work, both gameplay-wise and market-wise. But who knows, maybe it's still making enough money. Maybe Travian Games cannot be NOT developing this game for some company-political "reason". What they should do in that case, is look very carefully which things about this version are good, such as the graphics, maybe VP and some part of the kingdom idea, throw absolutely everything else away, and rebuild from the ground up a game that is actuallly different from 99% of the games in the genre, including the other game they're directly competing with, over the same playerbase: Travian Legends. Yes, that definitely means this game cannot be another casual game. Travian Legends is your casual game already. It's not doing all that great either. So don't make a watered down version of a previously watered down game and expect it to work. This should be obvious...And get an actual senior software engineer for crying out loud. Or better programmers. Or both. Whichever the problem is.

[Ok, rant over!]

• Concidering this is still a developing game I suppose they have to gradually develope the game. New strats and challenges are added. Some are changed and few are rolled back. Launching an actual server is kind of the only way to test how it works. Players expecting a polished product streamlined to perfection will always be disappointed what ever devs do. After 13 years as an active sometimes high level player I've seen changes come on that no one asked for or really wanted and then taken away. I think they're realizing our reactions and balancing it out for a major reworking. This thread has been super useful for both advice, opinions and devs have enganged. Now we players must be patient and let the devs work this one out. Will check back and start actually playing when things get playable again.

• Yeah no merge yet, but remember you can now build more than 1 treasury on the same village once you reach lvl 20th, the new treasurys can be activated right away you dont need 10k treasures for that

I'm talking about a kingdom with 7 active treasuries in 7 different villages with just 20K treasures in total. How is that done?

• I'm talking about a kingdom with 7 active treasuries in 7 different villages with just 20K treasures in total. How is that done?

Uhmm not sure how.... it's not posible as far as i know they should be able to have only 5 active treasuries

• Concidering this is still a developing game I suppose they have to gradually develope the game. New strats and challenges are added. Some are changed and few are rolled back. Launching an actual server is kind of the only way to test how it works. Players expecting a polished product streamlined to perfection will always be disappointed what ever devs do. After 13 years as an active sometimes high level player I've seen changes come on that no one asked for or really wanted and then taken away. I think they're realizing our reactions and balancing it out for a major reworking. This thread has been super useful for both advice, opinions and devs have enganged. Now we players must be patient and let the devs work this one out. Will check back and start actually playing when things get playable again.

You're making it sound like their development cycles are normal, planned out and well executed. They really aren't...

• Uhmm not sure how.... it's not posible as far as i know they should be able to have only 5 active treasuries

I worked it out later. It's sad that kingdoms abuse the game mechanics in their desperation to win, but there's always the teams that will do that.

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jett ().

• Hello @Jernpotte_DK
    the feature is not yet activated, but we're planning to do that soon, with an upcoming update. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet, but we'll keep you informed

Kind regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• the feature is not yet activated, but we're planning to do that soon, with an upcoming update. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet, but we'll keep you informed

Kind regards
    Georgi

Is it still under Development then? Or could we get a more detailed view of why there is no given date? Are we talking days or weeks here? Cause the post about Kings being able to merge was posted befor Com3 and the patch adressed the merging possibility. Can we expect it to be at the end of Mid game (befor Tier 3) or is it so unknown that we might not even get it at all for the server? Cause your players joined this server, purchased gold, made plans in regard to the promis of this new feature. Don't make us spend money for nothing.

• Now i can kinda guess why the TEST server is 1x and not 3x as usual... They did not have a merge feature ready to be implemented... So, they wanted more time which they could get only by having a 1x TEST server instead of a 3x as they would get more time to develop the feature. Now, they gambled against the new game worlds thinking they would be able to deliver on time but sadly, they look to failed the deadline of delivering by 30 days server time of the comx server ... WP

The Bolton sends his regards :evil:

• Now i can kinda guess why the TEST server is 1x and not 3x as usual... They did not have a merge feature ready to be implemented... So, they wanted more time which they could get only by having a 1x TEST server instead of a 3x as they would get more time to develop the feature. Now, they gambled against the new game worlds thinking they would be able to deliver on time but sadly, they look to failed the deadline of delivering by 30 days server time of the comx server ... WP

Yep, I already worked that out. Was waiting to see if they'd 'man up' and admit it...

• If its true how is possible start game on two dukes!!! Who created this should be in prison!

Every your patch, destroying this game more and more!

Best option was kingdoms on Two kings. From this time all goes to hell.

Btw, night truce its biggest shit thing in kingdoms ever.

Who is creating this impletents he probably never played Travian Kingdoms.

70% players hate your fuck*** changes

• Patch announced on 30th of August.
    It is 0.78 - there is no feature that you announced.
    new game world started.
    Released 0.79 - no kingdoms union announced in 0.78
    Released 0.80 - no kingdoms union announced in 0.78
    Released 0.81 - no kingdoms union announced in 0.78
    1st question: WTF?!

2nd question: Could you please invite your release manager and/or test manager here?
    I guess all forum would like to ask THE question in loud and clear voices! WTF!?!?! Who approves annonces with feature that IS NOT in the release?
    Write RED and BOLD that it is DEACTIVATED.

Порой бывает так паршиво, что даже чай не лезет в глотку, а лезет в глотку только пиво, которым запиваешь водку.

• As you can see, admins are not solving this. They pretending that they care about us, but they dont care. Unfortunetly, cause if they will care about us, they never allow this things to happen.

Biggest weaknes in travian kingdoms, admin team :)

• we have been playing for more than two months based on the union of kingdoms and still nothing, if we continue like this we will lose our strategy due to the ineffectiveness of some people, sad