6-Week Game Worlds - New special type of Worlds

• Thank you all for the very constructive feedback! :)

@Kitty_COM:
    Your points make a lot of sense and some could indeed be brought to normal game worlds over time as well. In particular, we have identified the very limited catchup potential (that @Rashidix also described accurately) currently in the game as an issue for a while already. And we'll be trying to address it on the short game worlds via a couple new buildings. Those will unlock at specific points in time in the game (kind of like higher tier items) and boost troop production while reducing costs, so it gets easier to recover over time. This should punish more aggressive strategies way less and thus hopefully lead to a higher density of interesting conflicts.

On top of that we will also take some first steps to make the game more accessible. As mentioned we will reduce the number of "filler" building levels. Also we're planning to not have the smithy anymore and make all academy research "global" (i.e. if you unlock a unit once it applies to all your villages). There will be some smaller changes in the same direction, in general to streamline the game and get rid of the kind of complexity that doesn't really add a lot of gameplay depth in itself.

@feRaliX:
    Interesting. Do you really view our Dry Season game worlds as "easier to manage"? Isn't it harder in a way, because you have to make reasonable trades constantly and can't just use the NPC trader for crop? I had the feeling they were in general seen as more "hardcore" than normal rounds.

In any case, I see what you're getting at with your post and as mentioned above we might indeed end up bringing some ideas from short worlds to normal game worlds in the long run, should they turn out to work well (and with the necessary adjustments for the increased round length of course). For example the mentioned increased catchup potential is something we've been wanting to do on normal game worlds for a while.

Concerning the "hard cutoff" after 6 weeks as opposed to the usual "reach World Wonder level X" rule, we'll just have to see how the rounds play out. One of the advantages of short worlds is they're short. So we can observe full-round (and normal-speed) results sooner and make adjustments based on those more regularly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FabianF ().

• I'm sad where you brought this game, from constantly changing rules, mechanics of game etc., you made this game unplayable ! Game keeps disconnecting, you don't get notifications prompt anymore, but you get them after you refresh for 200th time maybe, 5h after you sent units ! You don't see incoming attacks, even you're online if you don't refresh the game every minute ! In general, game is no fun and has become unplayable !

You had/have test server to test things out and see if it works or it doesn't, but hey you decided to STOP using test server, but rather decided to install new (big) updates on real servers, or start new servers with new functions which weren't tested properly ! I'm glad i stoped paying money to this game years ago, and don't think i'll buy gold here ever again !

• Hey there @SacredLegend
    I'll ask if there's any new information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Edit: At the moment it's still an idea the team had as we're busy with other exciting improvements and features that will come sooner than the 6 week game worlds, but we thank yoou for all your input, it will be very useful when we start working on them!

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Just wondering if there are any updates on this? Is it still a possibility? or has it faded to the back burner? Would love a 6-8 week server.....with all these new guides for fast settling....THIS may be the best type of server for that.

• I think most people would put their effort into it knowing it will only last 2 months....it will be more action packed and keep a good majority of players from deleting, though they would have to shorten or eliminate the WW aspect.....put more focus on treasures and VP's

• We are almost a year in after the start of this thread, with no news, no updates, nothing it really feels like the devs are letting TK to die a slow dead. You also asked the comunnity for feedback about 15c Here's the link, but we have cero info about it. So are you guys planning to do any of this things yet? or it's true that the devs dont care about it anymore?

• or it's true that the devs dont care about it anymore?

I always wonder, what people intend to achieve with comments like that. It's not like anyone would say "yeah, we don't care, jokes on you lul", the only answer - if you get one at all - will be "of course we still care".

But yes, I wonder what happened to this idea, too. xD

• Personally, I have full faith in the devs. Even if they have decided not to go with this idea I'm sure that whatever they're doing is in the best interest of the community. Perhaps if this idea became too much work or was simply overshadowed by more important priorities then what should have been done is to release a test server of this idea with minimal changes from the base game. Once it's over, after receiving feedback and (undoubtedly numerous) complaints and suggestions, then the game can be decided whether it's worth it to improve upon or be scrapped.

• I always wonder, what people intend to achieve with comments like that. It's not like anyone would say "yeah, we don't care, jokes on you lul", the only answer - if you get one at all - will be "of course we still care".

But yes, I wonder what happened to this idea, too. xD

It's just to spice things up, hits the nerver of some people, but the main topic still is.... Any updates?

Personally, I have full faith in the devs. Even if they have decided not to go with this idea I'm sure that whatever they're doing is in the best interest of the community. Perhaps if this idea became too much work or was simply overshadowed by more important priorities then what should have been done is to release a test server of this idea with minimal changes from the base game. Once it's over, after receiving feedback and (undoubtedly numerous) complaints and suggestions, then the game can be decided whether it's worth it to improve upon or be scrapped.

I'm still playing because still have fate in this version of travian, but i just feel that we have left in the dark for a very long time and i'm was wondering what's the dev team up to?

• What I gathered while I was half-reading the blog updates surrounding the couple-day long meetup thing they did in Munich, was that Kingomds is considered a bit of a flop, there were layoffs because of it, and although Kingdoms was originally supposed to be the next version of Travian (T4 being travian legends, T5 being kingdoms), the focus has now shifted back on developing Legends. What that means for Kingdoms, I don't know. My guess would be that they will either allow TK to...exist, or ultimately find a way to develop it into some other direction since the current version was so obviously not working - obvious, finally, for them as well.

• that's for sure, but legends is getting a new UI, they got new tribes, a new game mode, so it looks like travian games is developing more things for TL than TK. But i couldnt find anything of what he was saying on the blog so who knows :p

• Ah, found it. It was in a post on the TL forums by BlackBlade:

https://wbb.forum.travian.com/…ostID=7618702#post7618702

"T4 is launched, it takes longer than the previous version updates as its one of the larger updates. They are also hindered by the rapid growth of Legends and what they did to get there. Naturally after T4 they look to T5 and end up going too far for most of the community, requiring a spin off. The T5 update was designed to revolutionize the game and even add the much request mobile app. The level of change would naturally see T4 wound down over the next couple of years. The over extension from the previous years, changing face of the gaming market and poor reception to T5 result in big layoffs as the company seeks to stay afloat."\

"

2015 - Present This period marks a turn around for the company. There are a ton of changes at all levels of company over this period but it starts with change in CEO. The company works to stabilize revenue, rebuild the Legends team that they had only recently expected to shutter. The company enters the publishing game to generate more revenue at lower cost. In 2017 the new tribes debut, a community request 10 years in the making. 2018 sees another major community request in PtP. 2018 also sees the start of major community outreach through the Legends on Tour event, which is built on significantly in 2019. They finally begin the undertaking of untangling 12 years of code to improve the user experience, enable mobile functionality and open up new possibilities. In short the game and wider company undergo a major transformation, one that is still in progress."

That last part obviously referring to Legends, not Kingdoms.

• Ammanurt Thank you for the link. I have read all of it, there's some interesting bits about TG en general, but i found an answer from blackblade when asking about merging TK and TL interesting.

Given how much money they have sunk into Kingdoms and the fact it is one of the larger games in terms of company revenue I don't see that happening.

So there it seems that TK is financially strong, wich is good to hear, anyways i hope that we will get some updates soon