Reinforcing/Attacking/Defending

• Hey so I am relatively new to the game and often make the mistake of accidentally reinforcing people I am farming and then not realizing it until way after the recall option goes off.

Now one simple solution for me would be to pay more attention and I will do that.

However, my suggestion is that the sending troops window is changed so that no option is selected. This way I cannot accidentally send reinforcements because I can't send any troops at all until I select whether or not to reinforce, attack, raid, etc.

Does this make sense?

• Many of us asked for that many times over a long period, but we gave up asking...

The best result I've ever seen from this was when an enemy player sending a clear ahead of his teammates accidentally sent his hammer as a rein and over the next couple of seconds his teammates killed his hammer and their own troops. We loved the reports. I've heard of this happening a few times.

• Hi @Marmoose#US, hi @Jett,

we know this has been one common wish for some time now and we're working on it. The idea is still in development, but last I heard this is how the game designers wanted it to work:

Instead of having nothing selected or an always pre-selected option (like it is now), it should take the context of the game into consideration and select the most likely option. This means that when clicking on an ally, the default selection will be "send reinforcements", when clicking on an enemy village, it will be "attack" and so on.

Would you find that more helpful than having a blank option? The idea is still being defined, but given enough interest we could push it forward so the devs can work on it sooner. In the near future, there will also be an additional way to send troops more conveniently and in a more intuitive and modern way. It's a big project, a real makeover of the game and it's now almost done, but we're not supposed to give too many details about it just yet. You'll see it for yourself in early 2018 :D .

But about this particular problem, let me know if you prefer the auto-selection the game designers are planning or simply having a blank option.

Regards,
    JJ

• Instead of having nothing selected or an always pre-selected option (like it is now), it should take the context of the game into consideration and select the most likely option. This means that when clicking on an ally, the default selection will be "send reinforcements", when clicking on an enemy village, it will be "attack" and so on.

That is indeed what likely would fix many accidential attacks or supports. Not sure whether "attack" or "raid" should be the default for troops. Probably (though not necessarily) you want to attack if you have rams or kattas included, but raid otherwise.

• JJ ,

Thanks for your response! I understand that Kingdoms is still growing and changing constantly. I look forward to when it is a much more polished game but I am still having a grand time! Keep up the good work!

• Maybe no default would be best.

I'm with you on this one. I don't want a computer to decide for me. For me it's actually way more common to raid an ally than to reinforce one. It's only going to be confusing to have the game put different default each time you do something.

• Thanks for the feedback guys! So what I take from this is that many of you would prefer no pre-selected movement and thus having to make one more click in some cases, instead of having a more intelligent automatic pre-selection (which of course can't be perfect for everyone in every case). Right?

• Thanks for the feedback guys! So what I take from this is that many of you would prefer no pre-selected movement and thus having to make one more click in some cases, instead of having a more intelligent automatic pre-selection (which of course can't be perfect for everyone in every case). Right?

more intelligent than us, or more intelligent than the current method of preselection? ;)

You can always make a toggle-button for it on the options :saint:

• If you're talking about defaults that should/could be changed then my number one is changing the scout option to defences instead of resources.
    I can't imagine I'm the only only one that literally never scouts for resource levels and when you're scouting a new area of greys to see which ones have residence and wall still up it gets tiresome very quickly to change that drop down over and again.
    In fact I can't understand why anyone would ever scout for resources. If you're gauging an active enemy its naturally defences you're interested, if you're checking out a new inactive, defences again.
    If you do accidentally send a scout for resources (and it's an slip that's very easy to make) or perhaps for some peculiar reason you do it deliberately (maybe to work out how many raiders you need to clear it out?) then 9 times out of 10 by the time your raiders get there there's been multiple raids from other players making the information utterly unhelpful..
    I guess there might be players who want to use the option despite this but could we please change the default to defences.

• I can't imagine I'm the only only one that literally never scouts for resource levels and

Exact opposite for me here. I almost never scout for defense. New grey accs just get an test attack and based on the number of losses you can guess how high the defense is and sent catas bsaed on that information. Scouting dozens of villages every day is just a pain in the ass with TK GUI >_> And when you want wo attack/chief some active players you aim for both residence and palace anyway so theres no need to know whats in the village. Scouting for ress on the other hand is helpful to see if someone is near to inactivity (overflowing ress) or to calculate the army size of the enemy when you get ttacked by an unknown hammer.

• Hello :)

the preselection that @FabianF was talking about is ment to get rid of an unnecessary click. For example is the default for grey villages "raid", for kingdom members "reinforcement" and when including rams or catas, it would be "siege". That would help with the most common interactions.

Of course, when doing things out of the ordinary, one has to doublecheck if the settings are correct anyhow.

I know it is "just" one click more or less. Still, I like it when recurring things are efficient and at the same time adaptable.

@Tom#EN(102) (you can adjust your account name in the lobby if you want to because you have more than 100 Prestige) thank you for your insights in your scouting preferences. Such insights help us make the game better. @Ariakus thank you for sharing your scouting habits. I think you made some players aware of what kind of hidden information can be found in a scouting report. 8)

kind regards,

BridgetB