Transfer gold as dual

• Hi,
    I have a bunch of gold in the lobby. I am playing as a dual in COM5, but I cannot transfer my gold to the game. Why is that - I am able to transfer if I am the primary account, but not as a dual?
    Thanks,
    NSN

• It's one of those - IMHO - pointless limitations put on duals: you are not really equal, and sadly there seems to be no effort to achieve that, on the contrary. You can pay for new gold - but you don't get anything back, nor can you transfer your existing one. It's a bit stupid. And of course you don't get any of the achievements either - which is very frustrating, too.

• What you would have to do NSN, is get the primary account holder to drop you as a dual, and add you as a sitter. You can then transfer the gold, then can be dropped as a sitter again, then be added back as a dual. When the server ends, you can't get back any gold that you put in. It will go to the account owner. The other option is as Rashidix said, to buy more gold. Why a sitter can add gold but a dual can't is beyond me.

• Hey guys,
    I got a confirmation that currently only sitters can transfer Gold from the lobby to an active game world avatar due to an issue, but soon the duals will get this feature too

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hey guys,
    I got a confirmation that currently only sitters can transfer Gold from the lobby to an active game world avatar due to an issue, but soon the duals will get this feature too

Best regards
    Georgi

Hello,

Is there any news on this issue?
    It is highly annoying for future duals and a waste of their money.

thanks for your reply.

• Hey @Robbel#NL
    unfortunately not yet, our dev team is currently focused on fixing all kinds of bugs/issues but I'll update you as soon as I have any

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager

• Hey guys,

Best regards
    Georgi

I tried even that inconvenient path - yet I fail to transfer gold, both as dual and as sitter. Was this inconsistency fixed such that only account owners can transfer gold?

Surely I'm totally inactive:

keine aktive Spielwelt - Nimbus Note

I'm actually quite annoyed. You allow me always happily buy new gold for all the people I'm playing dual for and those whom I sit. But no, the gold I once bought in the last round, of course I cannot use it! That's insane!

• I tried even that inconvenient path - yet I fail to transfer gold, both as dual and as sitter. Was this inconsistency fixed such that only account owners can transfer gold?
    Surely I'm totally inactive:

keine aktive Spielwelt - Nimbus Note

I'm actually quite annoyed. You allow me always happily buy new gold for all the people I'm playing dual for and those whom I sit. But no, the gold I once bought in the last round, of course I cannot use it! That's insane!

Hey again,
    I'll check about that and get back to you as soon as possible, but unfortunately I still don't have an ETA for allowing duals to transfer gold to the avatar

Edit: I've forwarded this to the game center again and will update you soon

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager

• Dear players,

this topic led to a lot of confusion, also internally. I apologize for forwarding wrong information to Georgi It's completely on me.

First of all: Sitters were never able to transfer Lobby Gold Buzz O'Bumble did you experience this by yourself or did you hear this somewhere? Please forward, Lobby Gold can only be transferred to the account owner. What might have led to this confusion is, that sitters normally play on the same Game round and the Lobby button only says "Transfer to xy" without telling you the account name, because you only can have 1 own account.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Duals are allowed to buy Gold within a game round and they are also allowed to spend Gold in this round. But the Gold is still considered to belong to the player with the actual avatar.

The account owner has the full advantage and also the full risk: When a purchase does not go through, whatever the reason, and the players gets a payment punishment, it's the avatar of the account owner who has the disadvantages. Also, every other punishment will be done to the account of the account owner.

We like it when players forge bonds over several game rounds and play together regularly. But we will not implement a shared lobby account and we will not split up the left over Gold of a round. It might sound like a good idea at the end of a recently finished round, but we always have to think about the long run.

Reasons:

• Technical reason: When the sum is not even, we would calculate with 0.5 Gold and this does not exist. We are not going to put development time into this because we'd rather have them working on game related improvements and features.
    • Responsibility reason: The account owner bears the full risk and responsibility for his account. It is his account that would suffer from charge back punishments. That also means, he earns the full advantage
    • Human reason: We are all humans and it is great when you get along well. But in every relationship, there are misunderstandings and twist that have to be resolved. If money is involved, they tend to become ugly. We do not want to settle disputes about shared Gold. And we wouldn't be able to do so because we don't know what kind of agreements the duals and account owners made outside of the game chats.

I hope, this will give a bit more insights on why we are strict when it comes to Lobby Gold. Did this answer your questions?

kind regards,

BridgetB

• Bridget, thanks for your explanation.

But 1 thing still has to be considered.

Player X has left over gold from a previous server and decides to dual with player Y. Player Y will be the main account holder with Player X as his dual. Player X wishes to use his left over gold and spend it on the server where he is the dual. This is now impossible.

I have, as a main account holder, teamed up with 2 duals and we stick together for several servers. But my duals really want to use their left over gold from previous servers instead of having to spend money again. Now I can understand the fact that Travian Kingdoms needs to earn money, but now people don't want to spend new money because they have paid for gold they can't use.

Would it be possible to submit a support ticket where the dual can ask the support team to transfer the gold?

(And I really wish you would move the location of the dual account in the lobby. A dual account is like your own account and should be on top of the page instead of on the bottom (scroll down through the list of people you are sitting for until you arrive at your account)).

Thank you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Robbel ().

• Player X will be the main account holder with Player Y as his dual. Player X wishes to use his left over gold and spend it on the server where he is the dual. This is now impossible.

I think, we are talking about 2 different things: When player X plays as main account, he can transfer his lobby Gold.

main account holder = account owner

A dual account is *not* like your own account, even though it might feel like this. We need to know who is responsible for an account, for punishments, charge backs etc. I know, these kind of topics are not usual topics when playing together. Unfortunately, we have to think always, about, what happens if something goes wrong.X/

• I guess I messed up with my explanation :D haha sorry for that. I edited the X and Y.

Many people have suggested to get an option, as a dual (= not the main account holder) to transfer gold they have left over from a previous server (where they had their own account), to transfer it to their dual account.

• I get that you need to draw a line if it comes to punishments/cashbacks/...
    But winning gold from a contest, and then having to ask to be able to transfer it to an account where you are dualling from day1 is not logical. I would understand it not being possible for a newly registered dual, but for someone registered 100+ days it should not be questioned.

Since we are discussing dual's rights, is it possible to move the location of the dual accounts? To just above the sitter accounts.
    Also: can duals get the achievements collected on the dual account too? Hard to see all that work done on a server, and not getting a server medal after server is over is hard.