Chiefing same teritorry villages

• Hello !

So i tried to chief ENEMY village that was on border of our and ENEMY kingdom ! It was nice 1700 pop city, so i prepared 10 chiefs to chief it in 1 go, but imagine what when i came there, i got report that he was member of MY ALLIANCE in last 3 days ?!?!?!?! This guy was in ENEMY alliance from start ! So than i ask and it seems if he's in your territory that counts as he's in same alliance ?!?!?!?!?! Where's logic in this ? So this means that some governor can be member of some other alliance, deny tributes to me and i can't chief his village for 3 days after king attacks him ?!?!?! Also as was situation here, where i was king too ... you fight over territory, have more influence than they do over their villages, now you should attack this player 1st so that he gets into ENEMY territory where ENEMY kings gets tributes from his villages for free and gets stronger + you give them 3 days to prepare for chiefs ?

Same ALLIANCE means, king invited him in, he was part of KINGDOM, not just some random dude in same territory !

Besides if someone's trying to chief my village and doesn't take it in 1 go, all i need to do is plant in his kingdom and it gives me 3 days to prepare for chiefs ...

Anyone else sees no logic in this ?

EDIT: checked report and it actualy says: The defender was in your kingdom within the last 3 days. but you get what i meant ...

• Your king / duke used the "Grant protection" feature which allows tributes but prevents chiefing in a similar fashion to actually being in the kingdom would

I think it only applies to that village though not 100% sure on that one

• Your king / duke used the "Grant protection" feature which allows tributes but prevents chiefing in a similar fashion to actually being in the kingdom would

I think it only applies to that village though not 100% sure on that one

No, that actually is not needed. You just need to fail to kick the person from your territory on first sight. As such, the tactic to settle a new village in your territory will give it immunity to chiefing until attacked by a king. Very dodgy.

I totally agree that the "protection" system is total bollocks and needs removal or at least the current state needs to be clearly visible and accessible - it is not at all:
    * Dukes and kings can grant protection by an easy miss-click
    * Only kings can remove protection by issuing an actual attack
    * New villages in your kingdom's borders have a totally uncertain state.

My suggestion: a button to actively invite non-kingdom villages into the kingdom borders - defaulting to outside.

• No, they should simply change the rule of kingdom to ALLIANCE(being invited and accepted invite to join kingdom) and cancel same TERRITORY protection ! Basicly they need to do same as is on legends. If in same alliance (kingdom) you can't chief for x days, if not you can chief right away, even it's in same territory.

• I suspect the difference to Legends is deliberate. They want to give new players a chance, so it's designed to make it harder to attack them when a new village spawns in your area. Of course it goes beyond that, but I guess it's a lot easier to code the way it is...

• Maybe, but I doubt it was meant as a feature although they may now spin it that way. It's probably accidental, a design oversight that happened to sneak in like so many that existed before.