Travian should spend more effort in finding and punishing cheaters

• I've moaned about cheaters before, so this time I thought I'd make a positive suggestion about what to do about it instead:

1. Put more resource into finding cheaters; currently this has just about zero effort from TK, who rely totally on player reports.

2. Find better ways to detect cheating AND/OR use better "algorithms" for determining who cheats are. Currently even many obvious cheats slip through the net.

3. Find better ways to punish the cheaters - something that goes beyond getting banned from one server, which has very little deterrent effect.

WHY should you do this? Because if you don't then players will either leave (already happening) or say, "if you can't beat them, might as well join them" (also already happening). All that will be left is cheaters... Bye bye TK.

• I was shocked when I was told that using mini accounts to bring cropper close was allowed in a help centre ticket...the admins definitely fail to precept the cheating things where it breaks the balance of the game. So this is the last time I would play this game. Huge amount of time and money wasted for we only fight cheaters or say 'officially non-cheaters'...? Worthy or not?

• This is also my last server unless Travian Games bans cheats for the remainder of the server and deletes all of their accounts, rather than until the cheats agree to a punishment and are allowed to play on. I've seen bans last for as short as 30 minutes when the player rapidly agreed to a punishment. The cheating, almost all by Russians, on com2 is the last straw for me. In the last serious server I played, our team battled the Russian team 4UMA where the cheating was of a scale I'd never seen before judging by the number of their accounts that were banned. They won the server of course. Nobody had a chance against cheating on that scale.

Unlike detected Travian multi account players, an athlete who is caught using performance enhancing drugs doesn't get to choose which medal he wants to keep and has to give up the rest, and agree to have his single remaining gold medal changed to silver. He loses everything and faces future bans. So it should be here.

• WHY should you do this? Because if you don't then players will either leave (already happening) or say, "if you can't beat them, might as well join them" (also already happening). All that will be left is cheaters... Bye bye TK.

You're right here Thorsson. I was just chatting with a player not in my server who confessed he's not gone to multi accounting too now. I guess people just need to even the playing field when fighting cheats.

• The main issue is that the advantage from the cheat is often times much greater than the -1 building level standard punishment you get for this stuff (if even that).
    When there is no risk why would you not cheat? If you don't get caught you get massive lead, if you get caught you are still ahead to what you would be if you hadn't cheated at all so regardless of the outcome the system encourages cheating.

Imo they should be banning the stronger accounts in the multi accounting cases instead of the weaker ones.
    Real punishment would leave the strong account banned for good and let the player continue with the weakest account if at all.

• haha exactly this. i was playing in 4uma but couldnt catch up much what they said, because they have spoken most of the time russian in every chat. but they managed with the core team of around 10 people to handle other allies with 50 people. even the used scripts, passwords and shared accounts were semi public but nothing happened. (beside few bans for some lower accounts, they laughed about)

• It's so hard to get catted by a kingdom that even admits to cheating and still they're allowed to keep playing after such weak punishments. When will the game owners listen to us and give fitting punishment to cheats?