why teutons are extremely overpowered ?

• hey guys

so today i realized that a Teuton can double their army strength by the following way, 20 % hero bonus 33 % siege mode thats already 53 % which every faction has, plus from brewery which makes this number up to 96 % in total ... plus their troops are extremely cheap and fast to produce, and their wall is extremely durable against attacks

so seriously why play romans? their offensive army cant match teuton army in strength, their wall doesnt match the durability of teuton wall.. their troops are expensive and take so much time to train compared to teutons... give me 1 good reason why someone would choose a roman tribe instead of teuton?

• There are many pros and cons to playing each of the tribes.

I favour Teutons and have played the tribe almost exclusively from release of the original game.
    Likely a lot like yourself I like the highly aggressive style where you can replenish fast even in the worst case scenario.

Having said that there are many pros and cons to all of the tribes and Teuton is certainly not so insurmountably better that you need no Romans.

Given the same player activity / skill level there are natural areas where Romans are superior:

• Mid to late game farming as EIs take over (TK is barely faster than infantry)
    • Expanding wide
    • Best attack/crop comfortably
    • Early game legio can be a very flexible troop for both defense and offense (obviously unlike the club)
    • Early to mid game the Roman wall is far more useful for the higher defence bonus (and in general where it isn't a hammer attack where you will certainly lose wall bonus).

The brewery is also not something you will always want in an offensive action either, as you lose the ability to target catapults and chiefs are less effective.

I'm sure there are some things here and there I'm missing, but yes there are good and bad things about every tribe, Teutons are not the only offense worth having.

Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM

• Several reason

First of all even though the troops are cheaper they are also individually weaker (both in actual offense but also in defense capability)
    For example 2 Imperians is worth just about as much as 3 clubswingers while the total cost is 540 for the clubs and 700 for the Imperians the 2 imperians eat 1 less per hour than the clubs. This means that should you keep your clubs and imps alive for 160 hours (or just shy of a week) the imperians climb ahead in their resource efficiency. This is even worse when talking about the Roman Cavalry vs TK's because of the HDT bonus being so strong.

Another thing is that while the teuton troops are cheap they lack a proper cavalry raider that could mach TT's and EI's in their raiding potential, this means that your income will be lot lower in the late game than the equivalent Roman or Gaul account.

It should also be said that while teuton villages are tough to take because of the strong wall they also have the weakest defenders in the game. Spearfighter is comparable to Phalanx but Paladin is laughably bad defense unit when compared to Druids. The teuton offense units are also poor defenders which means should your army be caught defending they will die without a fight. In comparison Gaul Sword + Haeduan army is nearly as strong on the defense as it is on the offense

Brewery is also a double edged sword, sure it makes your armies very strong on the offense but is also means you can't use catapults effectively.
    It should also be noted that the Racial bonus of teutons is lot weaker than the one of Romans (double build vs cranny dipping with hero)

Lastly Roman buildings and wall look the best which has to count for something :D

• The brewery is also not something you will always want in an offensive action either, as you lose the ability to target catapults and chiefs are less effective.

I think this is the most important point. Brewery makes your hammer basically useless for any off operation. Its only usefull for an attack on a WW when your hammer has 100% rams.

• Hellhound, you've got it all wrong

First of all, bonuses are not added but multiplied.
    Secondly, as two people mentioned above, farming with teutons is harder than with other tribes. Meaning roman(or especially, gaul) farmer will have way more resources to play with.
    Lastly, roman troops are designed for long term planning , which is nearly not possible with teuton due to teutons crop consumption being 2.2x roman with the same strength(not counting brewery).

• -thats why u rarely see a big roman hammer compared to teuton hammer so it evens out , i am playing os speed server its been around 20 days, the largest teuton hammer i have seen was 19k clubs 6k tk while roman hammer wasnt even half of this number

-spear fighters are the best anti cavalry unit in game as u know , they are way stronger than phalanx,while roman have the best anti infantry unit in game, making the gauls the worst defensive tribe in game ,they dont excel in anything , the ideal defense would consist of praetorian and spear fighters phalanx is just useless in my honest opinion sadly no one plays defensive teuton nor defensive roman ...

-whats the point of a wall when its gonna get smashed by a single hit .. they should place some sort of limit where walls cant be destroyed in a single attack if u were successfully able to defend ur village against enemy attacks , especially if ur troops obliterated the incoming force while suffering minimum loses .

-let say if u lost the battle ur wall will get completely destroyed from lvl 20 up to lvl 0
    - if the battle was even ur wall would get destroyed only by 50 % from lvl 20 to lvl 10
    -if u were able to successfully defend ur village by eliminating all the incoming troops while suffering minimum loses , ur wall shouldnt loose more than 3 levels

thats the most logical case..

i often see hammers who are getting wiped out by the defense ,while being able to destroy the from from lvl 20 to lvl 0... thats nonsense, its illogical

• Hellhound not sure how to explain it further. Sit down and do the math yourself :) There is a reason why teutons are the least represented in Travian, especially into the end game.

• -thats why u rarely see a big roman hammer compared to teuton hammer so it evens out , i am playing os speed server its been around 20 days, the largest teuton hammer i have seen was 19k clubs 6k tk while roman hammer wasnt even half of this number

By your own admission in a thread not too long ago you are new to the game. Please listen carefully to what we are telling you here.

You will learn better making less claims yourself and instead discovering through everyone elses experience.

10k clubs isn't more powerful than 7k imperians (for example). The raw number of troops is not the most meaningful aspect.

Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM

• Basically what you are trying to say is you want to make Romans Stronger? If the wall system changed, Everyone would just play romans , because how strong the Wall Bonus are.

And i like you to play Teutons for next COM, let's see what you can build. Can you maintain your economy while your crops constantly getting raped by Your "huge army". While the other Tribes are just chilling because they have Better Crop/Army ratio. Especially Romans with Horse Drinking, It is just so powerful that you can reduce Crop Consumption with that., Romans Are a really powerful tribes. Number is not everything .

When the game hit Midgame, what can teutons do? basically they scrap for resource everywhere while romans and gaul go around and fastly take stuff.

Teuton is really slow and if you change from Romans/gauls then you play teutons. You will feel how slow they are.

• the gauls the worst defensive tribe in game

The phalanx produce more anti cavalry per minute than the praetorian. Gaul are good at quickly raising a defensive force, and judging by the littles simulations i've done, they also seems to have the best of the three wall (not counting natar ofc).

In my eyes, the roman are the worst defensive tribe. Also don't underestimate the paladin anti infanterie production coupled with the fact that he is a quick raiding def unit.

To answer you initial question, i would play roman if i wanted to build a hammer without the need of spending gold. Mace outshine everyone in term of offence production but they eat so much.

FR2 2017 Celte KoH
    FR1 2017 NMM
    FR4 2017-2018I&V [ BR ]
    FR1 2018 Aliénés
    FR5 2018 [BR]

FR1 2018-2019 [BR]

• Hellhound, with time you will understand, for now just take it for the given- romans are pure offense, gauls are seriously shifted towards defense, teutons can do short term offensive and at par with gauls in defense

• Teutons are not overpower otherwise everyone is using it and the fact is its least used.
    And gauls are the best at def, the fact that most servers top 3 defense players are gauls.

Test what you think by fact and experience not by number or just pure thinking. You can be better.

• The question is whether there are most Gauls and least Teutons because of the order of ease of play, or because Travian tell people that Gauls are for beginners and Teutons for experts. Is that really true?

Certainly Gauls are easy to defend with in the early stages. But equally, Teutons are easy to play at the beginning with clubs being so cheap/fast to produce. Again, you could say that Romans are easy to play, because you can build a field and a building at the same time. In the long run, to be successful you have to have a certain amount of expertise with any tribe.

• Teutons are not overpower otherwise everyone is using it and the fact is its least used.
    And gauls are the best at def, the fact that most servers top 3 defense players are gauls.

Test what you think by fact and experience not by number or just pure thinking. You can be better.

then why all the experienced players play teutons?? if they are the weakest tribe in the game... all the suicide attacks are done by teutons, i rarely see a roman player playing as aggressive as teuton especially on speed server ...with the bonus which they get from brewery it makes their troops equal in strength if not stronger than romans.. since they can produce their troops faster ..

u say gauls are the best defender i beg to say thy arent best ideal defense in a kingdom... if ur playing solo yes they may be the "best" but if ur playing in a kingdom.. praetorian and spears combined are way stronger than phalanx ...making gauls totally useless..after all its all about teamwork right ?

• You are pretty ignorant of what many people said. Here are people that have experience more than you telling you the truth but you can't accept it. Just accept it. Your other post you protest on how your 8.5k army vs 25k Army lost

From number alone is shown that you will lose. Just play teutons then if you really feel like they are OP, im sure you will feel differently once you played it

• then why all the experienced players play teutons?? if they are the weakest tribe in the game..

Because these players are experienced and active enough to handle the teutons weaknesses?

u say gauls are the best defender i beg to say thy arent best ideal defense in a kingdom... if ur playing solo yes they may be the "best" but if ur playing in a kingdom.. praetorian and spears combined are way stronger than phalanx ...making gauls totally useless..after all its all about teamwork right ?

In a perfect world you are right. But in reality praets are slow af and often they just dont make it in time. Also gauls have their druids which are the fastest def units of all tribes. Mathematically they may not be worth building but sometimes you just need def that is fast and then druids are the best.

Maybe check out this tool site: Travian :: Truppen-Werte-Berechnung
    You can see what units are the best considering different factors (like cost, upkeep, power etc.).

• then why all the experienced players play teutons?? if they are the weakest tribe in the game... all the suicide attacks are done by teutons, i rarely see a roman player playing as aggressive as teuton especially on speed server ...with the bonus which they get from brewery it makes their troops equal in strength if not stronger than romans.. since they can produce their troops faster ..

It's least used not the weakest. By all mean overpower it's the tribe out weight any others in all aspect, or the offensive power is so powerful overall, theoretically it should be a first pick for everyone. And not all experienced players play teutons and not all teutons players are experienced, the reason is too obvious that I do not wish to waste my time to explain. Go figure it out yourself, it's like part of learning process.

Gauls are the best defender, solo or not still the best. Prae and spear can not make gauls' defense useless for another obvious reason that I do not wish to explain anymore. Go figure it out yourself, it's like part of learning process.

Let's trade some ignorance for chickens so you won't die for it.

• Eartheater its just youre not too experienced :) How bout you become top player at 5 more servers, then you will have some grounds to talk about what experienced players do's and don'ts are :D