COM5 contest details – Vercingetorix, leader of the Gallic Tribes!

• Dear players,

In honor of the great Gallic leader, Vercingetorix, we're asking you – our dear Gaul players – to name your villages after him! To take part, follow these three simple rules:

• Play as a Gaul in the game world starting on May 15th.
    • Your village name has to end with "ix". Examples: Druidix, Elephantix, Atlantix, etc. If you have more than one village, feel free to name them all with suffix "ix"!
    • If 555 Gaul village names end with "ix" by May 29th, everyone in this game round will receive a reward:

- A special achievement
    - A male and female hairstyle, Gaul style
    - A new glorious beard!

These amazing rewards will ONLY be available on COM5. If you use them, they will also be displayed in the lobby and forum. Of course, they will only be available if they're unlocked: There must be at least 555 Gaul villages named with the ending "ix" by May 29th.

How can you take part?
    Start as a Gaul on COM5 and rename your village in honor of Vercingetorix using the ending "ix". Encourage your friends to join you! We'll keep track of the process in the forum.

Are you a Gaul veteran?
    We need your help! We will open a thread where you can share your tips with Gaul newbies and win prizes too!

Have you never played as a Gaul?
    Then it's time you did! The Gauls are actually the recommended tribe for learning to play Travian Kingdoms. Ask your questions in the thread we'll open and you can also win prizes!

What about the other two tribes?
    The Romans already had their contest in March on COM2 and the Teutons had their contest in April on COM4.

What about local domains?
    Wait for July and you'll have an even bigger impact!

So, what do you think of the new Gaul hairstyles? What about the big, bushy beard? Are you looking forward to the start of COM5? Let us know in your comments!

Your Travian Kingdoms Team

• Thanks for your feedback! For now, the only scars are for the Teutons, but if you have an account in all these worlds with special events, you can combine the cosmetic (like I see you already did with the Roman hair and Teuton eyes!). We'll consider adding more scars in the future :)

• Male hair looks pretty awesome
    The female hair and the beard seem bit overdesigned to me. I think the center bit in the beard is pretty awesome but it and the female hairstyle have imo just too much hair in there.

Someone name their villages based on the Asterix and Obelix characters :D

• Tengo una duda, porque los aspectos solo pueden ser modificados en el server que te los ganaste? eso quiere decir que si quiero modificar mi avatar y le quito un aspecto ganado en el server especial gemano (por ejemplo) y despues de un tiempo quisiera volver a poner el aspecto y dicho server donde lo gane ya termino quiere decir que ya no lo podre poner a mi avatar nuevamente?

Espero su pronta respuesta gracias!

• The gallic hair options look good and the beard looks awesome. All three look far better than the rewards for romans and teuts. Gonna play com5 just for the beard. Pretty sure we can find a lot of inactives after 14 days into the server. Should have made the 'missions' a bit more challenging/longer to complete imho, maybe at least into midgame

Tengo una duda, porque los aspectos solo pueden ser modificados en el server que te los ganaste? eso quiere decir que si quiero modificar mi avatar y le quito un aspecto ganado en el server especial gemano (por ejemplo) y despues de un tiempo quisiera volver a poner el aspecto y dicho server donde lo gane ya termino quiere decir que ya no lo podre poner a mi avatar nuevamente?

Espero su pronta respuesta gracias!

Since you can only equip to the special appearance options on the server you got them at, once this server finishes you wont be able to change back to them if you used another appearance option. If you keep it equiped you can use it even after the server ended (including in the forum)

• Thanks for the feedback all, it really helps and we'll take it into consideration if we consider doing another type of similar event in the future. That is, if you guys would like to see more of these special challenges with cosmetic rewards in the end :)

• Where's the lady scar?

The ladies can have scars, too. It's part of the female set of eyes created for the bloody Teutons.

The female hair and the beard seem bit overdesigned to me.

I am actually waiting the whole time for the Gauls hair style since that is my favorite one.

Community Communications Manager

• The beard looks fantastic, but for women only hairstyle? also for the Teutons, to the women only the eyes and the scar.
    Poor women, you always mistreat us, :P
    It would be nice to implement the option that special hairstyles can be changed without losing them, that is, even on other servers and after the period is over, the possibility of making fun of them by exchanging them at will.
    Then, because the Teutone woman looks to the side and not right.

• Yeah, we're sorry there's not a equivalent for the beard :( I even asked if they could be unlocked for females, but no luck, sorry! :P
    The female hairstyle looks way better and more original than the male one though, in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Regarding changing the hairstyles in new game worlds... There will be a statement next week regarding this topic that I imagine will make a lot of players very happy :) You'll have to wait until next week to know more though!

But going back to COM5... The new hairstyles and achievement will be unlocked this Wednesday (30-05-18), since we already reached more than 555 villages named after Vercingetorix!

- You still have a few days to participate in our Gaul "tips for beginners" thread and win prizes here: Gaul Veterans/Newbies discussion and contest
    - And you can guess the final number of villages here, the closest numbers get prizes too! Vercingetorix contest tracking - Number of villages ending in -ix

Best,
    JJ

• Yeah, we're sorry there's not a equivalent for the beard :( I even asked if they could be unlocked for females, but no luck, sorry! :P
    The female hairstyle looks way better and more original than the male one though, in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Best,
    JJ

Why do we not have earring for female, that's a equivalent for the beard of male

What will be will be

The post was edited 1 time, last by Domino ().

• It's a good point, Domino . We'll keep it in mind for the next similar contest, that is... if you guys are interested in more avatar customization. :saint:
    I know some of you are also looking forward to more gameplay features, but don't worry: we're also working on these :)

Best,
    JJ