Changing capitals to prevent chiefing is broken

• So recently tried to chief a players village and discovered that as long as he demolishes palace and rebuilds it on whatever village I´m trying to chief he can freely change capital to completely prevent all chiefing attempts
    I do not see any counterplay for this, I would need to cattapult his villages down to nothing to prevent this from happening which kind of defeats the purpose of chiefing.
    Something needs to be done to change this, cause this is broken and makes already difficult chiefing completely impossible

• The price for changing capital (in my opinion) is high.
    Let's imagine if you try to chief big account and they already upgrading his resources to level (let say) 15 in his capital, it will downgraded to level 12 (city village) or level 10 (still village) when they changing capital.

But if you trying to chef moderate account then I'm sure he/she want to having fun with you :D

• At the end of the day how a player uses the features they have to hand to protect "their" village is up to them.

Maybe you need to get better skilled at chiefing or just settle on settling in future if it's too troublesome for you, as @Foxes mentioned, there is a lot of fun to be had in stopping someone chiefing your villages :)

"yes it is, no you can't"

BM

• Chiefing a village, is fun, as long as it goes smoothly. But when you attack smaller players with experience, you will be met with many funny ways to avoid a chiefing...

you do not need to change the CAP to avoid chiefing... as you only need to build a residence or a Palads.

Normally an attacker will only send 1 cata attack.... so will they hit one or the other ? will they make and dual cata attack, and destroy some of the village that they are about to chief...

This is a strategic war game... and STRATEGIC is a big part of it.

I will suggest that you find another target, or get better skills.

------------------------------------------------------------
    DMT - just a big kid who love to have fun. ?(

• Every time someone out-skills a noob he will start crying and calling it an abuse.Seeing it all over the place:don't reinforce inactives,don't relocate croppers,don't change capitals.

Let's take every strategic plays out of the game and make it 100% predictable and straightforward(and boring as well).

• Every time someone out-skills a noob he will start crying and calling it an abuse.Seeing it all over the place:don't reinforce inactives,don't relocate croppers,don't change capitals.

Let's take every strategic plays out of the game and make it 100% predictable and straightforward(and boring as well).

I know hell might freeze over for me saying this, but I agree with you 100%.

There needs to be a limit on people just instantly posting a new thread after facing some moderate difficulty for the first time in this game.

Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM

• Besides what Foxes said there are 3 other big problems with changing caps

1) Palace is expensive to build (lot more so than residence), if you have to keep shuffling a high level palace you lose a lot of resource and time (palace can't be golded up) and even culture points
    2) If you don't build the palace to high level you avoid the previous but step into a bigger trap which is missing out on the triple slot of the palace which is very useful for chiefing and what not
    3) If you switch your capital it leaves the other village open to be chiefed instead which often times is even greater price. Of course you could switch back but that also takes time and resources

The post was edited 1 time, last by Curtain ().

• So recently tried to chief a players village and discovered that as long as he demolishes palace and rebuilds it on whatever village I´m trying to chief he can freely change capital to completely prevent all chiefing attempts

Send chiefing fakes on all his other villages.

Normally an attacker will only send 1 cata attack.... so will they hit one or the other ? will they make and dual cata attack, and destroy some of the village that they are about to chief...

If they arent totally stupid they will always aim for both buildings.

• Alright so I get the point of this being a stradegy game and there being ways to counter chiefing. That is not an issue
    My issue is with how am I supposed to prevent this from happening every time. The player I tried to chief had 2 villages and would always simply change capital based on what village I tried to chief.
    I could of course look for some mind games and send fake chief to his other village and stuff, but it would still give me 50% chance of success or even less with my chief reducing loyalty somewhat randomly (and yes I know how the system works on that) so just does not seem very fair that I have to do all that while the person that I´m trying to chief only has to pay the cost of a new palace in this case.

So I would suggest that what if there was a 3 day cooldown on changing capitals (1 on speed) it would give some counterplay to this and would force defenders to think twice before changing capitals away without a care in the world.

• in all the years of travian this has never been a problem, so i fail to see why it has become one

some suggestions have already been made, to make your attacks less predictable. Or maybe you need to accept that player wont be chiefed easily and choose a different target :)

"yes it is, no you can't"

BM

• Alright so I get the point of this being a stradegy game and there being ways to counter chiefing. That is not an issue
    My issue is with how am I supposed to prevent this from happening every time. The player I tried to chief had 2 villages and would always simply change capital based on what village I tried to chief.
    I could of course look for some mind games and send fake chief to his other village and stuff, but it would still give me 50% chance of success or even less with my chief reducing loyalty somewhat randomly (and yes I know how the system works on that) so just does not seem very fair that I have to do all that while the person that I´m trying to chief only has to pay the cost of a new palace in this case.

So I would suggest that what if there was a 3 day cooldown on changing capitals (1 on speed) it would give some counterplay to this and would force defenders to think twice before changing capitals away without a care in the world.

You're already massively screwing him, but kinda wasting your own time too. I'm not sure how far into the game this is for you or what you have available, but it is far better to hit with multiple chiefs.

Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM

• 6+chiefs and mirror your main attack on all his villages with fakes.

I understand your frustration but after all,it's his village and he built it.The way you present the case it's like it belongs to you or you are entitled to it.

Training a chief doesn't automatically guarantee a chiefed village.You are either strong/skilled/unpredictable enough to grab one or not.

You can always settle,nothing is broken as you imply.

• You say that you already tried it several times so I assume the player is alone and doesnt get def from somewhere. So you could just send chiefs to both villages. The one which is not capital will loose some loyalty. Repeat it until you get one of the villages^^

• Even works with only one chief (which might be the case here). Just attack one village with chief + your army (cats including) and the other with 1 cat and sufficient(!) amount of fake. Reduces it to 50/50 chance tho, but if its only 1 chief, thats as good as it gets. Or ask your kingdom/allies to help you. Or read his online times and attack while he sleeps

• All of the above is true, but the main point is that it's not meant that just because you wish to Chief a village that you should be able to do so. An active player with even half a brain is going to try and make it difficult and that is as it should be.

• im quite inexperienced compared to pretty much every other person here, but I am glad to see that stronger/experienced players feel that there is nothing wrong with the current system. A village can take a decent amount of resources to grow to 400/500 population, and have it's resource tiles maxed out. Moreover, the TIME required by a player to grow it to this stage is probably the biggest commitment he/she has made. If chiefing was as easy as "I have a big army, you are smaller, so I will chief you now" then it wouldn't feel like a worthy prize, once you actually chief a village.

To OP I say: work on tactics, strategy and be a bit creative. It shouldn't be as easy as sending off a single attack for you to take the village of someone who has worked for many hours raising it from nothing.