Fighting strength vs Individual unit stats

• If I use EI i need just 32 unit = 3379 power to not die
    รูปภาพ ryt, uppic.cc ฝากรูป ฟรี!
    รูปภาพ ryk, uppic.cc ฝากรูป ฟรี!

but if i am Gauls I need to raid with 75 tt = 5940 power to survive all
    รูปภาพ ryg, uppic.cc ฝากรูป ฟรี!
    รูปภาพ ryh, uppic.cc ฝากรูป ฟรี!

This mean that each unit's stats is more important than overall Fighting strength ? or defense stats is also calculated in fight as a hp.

second question Why Gauls is still better than Romans in raiding.

They need more unit to survive palace = higher crops eat, lower atk/res for each unit, more res needed to make a big number to survive palace.

The only advantage is it's faster. Is that the most important point?

• The way the calculations are made, the individual fighting strength will be more important.

About gauls being the best raiders, that is REALLY debatable, a lot of people would argue romans are way better. The point is residence/palace doesn't matter because you can just cat it down. So gauls have the speed advantage while romans have the carrying capacity advantage.

• The way the calculations are made, the individual fighting strength will be more important.

About gauls being the best raiders, that is REALLY debatable, a lot of people would argue romans are way better. The point is residence/palace doesn't matter because you can just cat it down. So gauls have the speed advantage while romans have the carrying capacity advantage.

With the attack cap speed is worth more than capacity. Capacity issues is countered with more troops while the attack cap is countered with speed. As your attacks will be out running less time.

But that's only when approaching the attack cap. Else it's debatable. Different ambition levels create different opinions on this matter. To be honest when not hitting the cap its not to much of a difference i would say.

• About gauls being the best raiders, that is REALLY debatable, a lot of people would argue romans are way better. The point is residence/palace doesn't matter because you can just cat it down. So gauls have the speed advantage while romans have the carrying capacity advantage.

When you get to real troop counts, TTs win everytime. Maybe in the early- to midgame EIs can be better if you're not capping at 999 outbounds. But when you have both 40k TTs and 40k EIs, you're never getting full bags of resources anyway, so more raids per hour is better (=TTs).

edit: also this does not account in the fact that the server can be dead and all farms are stacked with million resources, but i have never been to a server where this is the case :whistling:

• To answer the first question, the reason why you need more TT's to not lose any is because casualties are percentage based. The units don't have any HP, the system simply takes into account the fighting power of defense and offense side and then assigns loss percentage based on that. As you can see in your image the larger TT stack with more total attack power gets lower casualty percentage but since the stack is bigger the -1 keeps on biting for longer. The stronger the unit the less units you need for any particular attack power and as a result the minimum threshold of death increases
    For example if you were using fully upgraded EC's you would only need 5 to not lose anything. In this scenario your army takes 9% casualties but because 9% of 5 is less than 0.5 it just rounds down to 0 losses.

Also unit strength doesn't much matter for raids since you either raid villages without residences, you take the residence out before farming or you are willing to lose the 1 unit to raid successfully.
    Since the grey isn't exactly going to defend itself you might as well remove the residence with some catapults for easy farming.

With the balance of power being very close the system assigns a 48% casualty percentage but since 48% is less than one unit on both stacks, all units survive