We listened to your complaints about the time zone settings and considered all your suggestions and bug reports. We have finally removed the bugs and simplified the time zone settings. It is now easier to coordinate attacks within a team spread over different time zones.
The update will take place on Tuesday, August 28th at 2:00 pm CEST. Downtime will last less than 20 minutes. Please plan your crop demands accordingly.
Simplifications to time zone settings
- Settings: You can now find the time settings under "Game" in the preferences window
- We have three different time settings now:
- Local time: Your browser time
- Game world time: This is the same time for everyone in the game round, which makes it the easiest one to use when coordinating moves with other players; it is set by German time including summer and winter adjustments
UTC time zone: There is no daylight-saving hours in this time zone and it is the only time zone that also comes with a drop-down menu
UTC drop-down menu:
- You can select if you want to add or subtract hours from the coordinated universal time
- When using the option in the chat bar and switching to UTC, the settings of this menu will be used and displayed in the mouse-over
Time zone option:
- You can now switch your time zone settings quickly using the option on the bottom right of the screen
- This is designed with pro-players in mind, meaning it is disabled by default
- Click on it to switch the setting and hover over it for more information
Time zone bug fixes
- No GMT: GMT is no longer available
- Trade routes: When changing time zones, the delivery times of trades routes didn’t match the original settings anymore. This is now fixed; also when changing the time zone, the merchant schedule will be recalculated so that the resources are delivered smoothly and as expected.
- Settings: We have rearranged the setting tabs to make it more logical as to the location of various options. The language settings are now found under "Game" in the "UI" section
- Stolen goods and tributes: The amount of inbound stolen goods and tribute resources is now displayed when hovering over the incoming movement arrow on the right of the screen.
Check out the new interface and time zone changes and tell us what you think about them in the comments!
Let us know in the comments,
Your Travian Kingdoms Team