Did you resettle with the menhir? How was it?

• Dear players,

did you use the menhir and resettle? Or are you a king and have invited a players with it to join your kingdom? I am very curious. Please share your experiences :)

• this will speed up the encirclement of the World Wonder Mountain. However the king and dukes must be very active. Micro-kings with mega-kings approach will help to accelerate the game tactics. With more members around the treasury massive troops training from the beginning.......First i became a micro-king then i join the alliance near the mountain later on.

• I am playing in COM2X3 and found menhir begin used heavily in the first 3 days.

Perfect use was from Noobs and AMIGOS. They picked a wonder, planned their treasuries, King did a quick settling and invited all. Now the wonder and area around is in their grasp with no other kingdoms nearby.

Interestingly, almost all other kingdoms simply settled around (0,0) and used menhir to invite every one spawned newly to locate as close to 0,0 as possible . There are very limited tiles free to settle around (0,0) right now and 5 or 6 major kingdoms around on the 7th day of the server. This means the 3rd and subsequent villages of each player in these kingdoms may have to be far from the main land, treasuries are overlapping and we can see lot of action in the center. We may also see lot of villages getting chiefed in the mid game rather than settling a new village far away. Merger of kingdoms may be much more interesting due to treasury overlaps.

Ie. Earlier, setters used to move in towards wonder, now we will see expanding out from wonder for every kingdom.

The other 4 wonders are not populated much at this time. Even if some one moves now, they may not contest on end game. COM2X3 will have heavy fighting for 0,0 and then the winner can challenge AMIGOs.

I had resettled using menhir, but waited for 6 days.

The most important is how to ensure your troops does not die of hunger when your crop tiles suddenly become zero. Had to stock enough crop and focus on reducing the negative crop as a priority. The crop packets from relocation, the crop packets from the card game are back up plans. But a late menhir move ensured that the new kingdom is good on treasury and sale of any stolen goods gives a good crop bonus too. Troops can be other wise reinforced in a friends village or treasury before relocation and called back after crop tiles are back up to reasonable levels.

Menhir packets allowed to train settlers quickly after relocation (in parallel with crop field build) and settle on second village. As i had delayed the move, i had plenty of resource packets to build up second village quickly instead of merchants shipping small quantities. The split of large packets into 500 bundles helped to fit into warehouse initially and after a few WH levels, build up the rest of villages.

In short. Menhir feature is good. But unless kingdom plans to settle properly, it can unbalance the map spread. My suggestion is that server start should leave more space near 0,0 and have players spawn across the map so that some of them are closer to other wonders than 0,0. The logic of server start should place villages more randomly through out the map equidistant from each wonder including 0,0 so that every direction gets a balance. menhir anyway let people to relocate anywhere.

• I had responded to the COM2X3 thread BridgetB

While i liked the feature, it made COM2X3 heavily inbalanced in map position. The server start logic needs a change and put villages equidistant from all wonders and not just a few tiles gap with 0,0. This will let kingdoms pick the closest wonder and not overcrowded near 0, 0

We may do it reverse. Let people start on the outskirts and then slowly move towards 0, 0 on their second or subsequent villages.

• Menhir should have sort of a "Cooldown" like only once per day (or something similar) cause it´s way too powerful in the current state.
    It also encourages the settling far out and "teleporting" all your members there which is bad for a fun early game and just makes everything way more

passive instead of fighting for territory early on everybody just settles 20 tiles away from eachother and menhir´s all the people there after that.

TLDR; Menhir is "okay" but really needs some kind of Cooldown or it breaks the early game way too much.

TK W2 2015/16 Bushaltestelle (BHF) http://prnt.sc/b2u6db http://prnt.sc/b2rmup

TK W1 2018/19 Riley Reid (SuicideSquad)

"und daher sind wir auch aus diesem Grunde eine Massenally, da wir es uns nicht einfach machen" - Sir Albert/Grounder

• Menhir should have sort of a "Cooldown" like only once per day (or something similar) cause it´s way too powerful in the current state.
    It also encourages the settling far out and "teleporting" all your members there which is bad for a fun early game and just makes everything way more

passive instead of fighting for territory early on everybody just settles 20 tiles away from eachother and menhir´s all the people there after that.

TLDR; Menhir is "okay" but really needs some kind of Cooldown or it breaks the early game way too much.

Fully agree with you, with menhir meta are stronger than ever. If you come on a server with 200 players, with menhir you'll create a huge disadvantage with the others kingdoms

• Hei,

I have question. The troops in my barracks are still in training process and settlers too. When i relocate on the new coordinates are the troops/settlers will be lost forever or will continuing the training. (Sorry my english).

Tnx in advanced.

• Such are my comments:

it is not profitable to move the pink at the beginning of the server because there is no resources for rebuilding the fields - unless the inviting kingdom will help with raw materials what happened to me at MLTEST. The army and buildings remain unchanged - which was on the way back to the new location without slipping. And what about the accumulation of settlements next to each other is the decision of the kings themselves, but let them take into account that there may be no places for new settlements if other kingdoms also make a crowd around them - you know that sometimes it's better to have the competition a bit farther away :-)

we can simply block ourselves in the development of the areas.

As always, everything will come out "in the wash" and so far it's a great toy for some players :-)

• Its been quite a while since I remained away from TK. So, I've been checking the TK updates.

As far as I see, menhirs is an interesting feature which has its advantage and disadvantages as well.

Advantages:

1. It restricts the multiaccounts crop relocation strategy.

2. It helps players to find friends, relocate to nearby places and play a good coordinated game.

3. It encourages players to invite their friends and family members to game to have fun.

Disadvantages:

1. Its too overpowered and will decide the future game/game end in early game strategy.

2. Its not suited for beginners or should say that beginners will have huge disadvantage with this feature as they will not have relations with people in game start.

3. Related with above point, Beginners can get advantage using country/language. However, this will affect the Travian's main theme where different people related with different countries work as one.

There are some disadvantages for Premades. Which will ruin most of the premades advantages when they use this feature.
    I would play some rounds and see what more I can find about this feature.

Also, It would be great if more players can share their thoughts and experience regarding it. Also, Plz correct me if there is anything incorrect/error. Thanks

Anyways, A great change and progress for Travian Kingdom. Keep up the good Work...:thumbsup::thumbup:

• Hi everyone,

I am on com2 and I tried this feature. Its really great and I like the way how its working. After experiencing it this time, I am sure I will be able to use it in better way on my next server.
    To me its really an unthinkable advantage to all the players, I think after some 2-3 servers, there will be some more restrictions/requirments on this but I think even with some more restrictions, it will remain important for TK.

So, those who haven't tried it yet, can try it on com2.

Regards,

BJ | TM Mehr

• noob question

if i make the all fields to 5 quest. and dont collect the reward. then i get invitation to move and accept it.

what would happen to my fields?

what would happen to my quest reward?

thanks.

• I'd say if you've done the fields to 5 the reward will show as completed
    if you move your fields will return to zero & the quest will still show as completed

"yes it is, no you can't"

BM

• it is a good feature but have some down sides :

1- massive kingdoms rise up too faster than it should be (an important fun part of the game is lost)

2- more and more this fact that you should start on day 1 to 3 is expressing its self specially after this relocation feature:

I recommend:

relocation invite should have limitation for kings based on their prosperity and power I would recommend to let weaker kings to have more invitation option to balance the game and add more conflict encouragement. I really hate the rounds becoming a sim city game

• i think that first you need to restrict this like the relocation thing.

once you menhir once, cant do it again.

i would make it avilable only in the same quadrent.

early game is thorwon thorow the window like this. onlt fast settle the goof 15C is important and nothing else. whole differetn early game - not fun for me at least.