Due your response, it think you should check current kingdom structure, they have there. It's not the same as it used to be.
Why not penalize having huge borders instead/bigger kingdoms? Here are some examples of how having bigger kingdoms could end up being problematic.
1. Make kings have to expand res in order to keep big borders. Even something as marginal as 10*RES for every square after (Example)x(Example) can add up pretty quickly. This will make growth of a kingdom more linear then exponential, allowing smaller kingdoms a chance to catch up.
2. Reduce maximum amount of squares king/duke can control by 10-20%. That way positioning of villages and cities will matter a lot more and would really be an indicator of how skilled a king is. It will also make it so that kingdom cant just accept everyone into the kingdom blindly, instead kings would have to choose people and position their villages the best way possible for maximum effect.
3. Reduce the amount of dukes or their efficiency. Pretty simple solution that is almost equal to the above one. The difference is that if the amount of dukes is reduced you will have huge amount of treasures localized in a single place, meaning the protection of the treasures would be a lot harder and it would change the pace of the game.
4. Make the robbers have higher strength the bigger the amount of players in a kingdom is. This is truly my favourite one, and the solution is clean and simple. The bigger the kingdom the more rewards you can reap from killing robbers and you will get more treasures. However the problem arises when the kingdom is growing so fast you just cant keep up with it. That means governors would look for stable slow growing kingdoms to join, because otherwise they might end up being killed by a simple NPC army. Higher risk-higher reward for bigger kingdoms, as well as a chance for smaller kingdoms to catch up.
This is just my 2 cents, keep in mind I have not played T-Kingdoms in over a year and T-Legends in about 3 months so I am still getting back into it.
It's even written @starting server tutorial, that new players should prefer governor status, only more skilled ones should go as a kings.
King's and Duke's are only objects to extend the kingdom, basically it's structure, to get more influence, and more active treasury villages..
With those kingdom limits we would get more active people in any server and less passive people - its tested in bunch of games.
Please don't hide under "New Players will get worse experience" statement, since you just wrote another statement that you won a server as a KING, as a new player there... Plus this statement to beat metas with metas is even worse, I already wrote it, I'm going to repeat my self, that its fighting fire with fire.
Well I am not a new player, although I won 2 rounds in a row, I am around for more than year after that, just spectating tho.
Sorry guys but my thinking always goes to the new players and this will not be good for them at all.
I do understand, that some people was busting their asses to become nr1 in this game, as a team or as a community with a bunch of people, but let's be honest:
1.without it, this game is dying... since its just uninteresting anymore. In the first few weeks there are like 2 kingdoms at top10, one with 150 players and 3-5 wings, and there are 2nd kingdom with 100 players and 2 wings. They will fight only in the end, so they are smashing the smaller ones first few months, then just simming... .all this scenario is killing players activity, since it becomes uninteresting for the bigger part of them, a lot of those people are newbies, but not only for them. In that moment most of deletion starts, not because it's hard, but because its boring.
1.1. it's a war game, so lets make a chance to make wars in this game!
1.2 Let's try to keep the players active not the first week of a new server, but the whole server.
2. To win a server, it would be a lot harder, if that server is active enough, since if there is top10 kingdoms that is walking foot by foot, it could end up no-one knows how. So to be nr1 in the end, you need to manage your whole kingdom as a computer, everyone has do their part in it, every Bit is needed.
2.1 Diplomacy would work at last again, those wings you're calling now a problem, would become a separated kingdom, with a diplomatic relations, since they would know from the start, two kingdoms with 60 member each (120 members) can't fit in ONE kingdom. Plus don't forget that after WW Lv50 you can't join or rejoin any kingdoms, it would mean every kingdom would be more independent even if a stronger kingdom has some vassal based relations with small kingdom near their main core.
While writing this post, i even forgot what i wanted to say, so the main aspect would be:
if you're voting NO or MAYBE, please write why, with at least one argument on your decision.