there have been quite some discussions about the run for the map tiles with 15 crop fields, the 15 cropper (15c). With the new Menhir feature, it’s possible to reach a 15c even faster than before. Also, players who are not playing the complete game round are blocking those fields by making them their capital village.
We want to make it more challenging for players to get those 15c. To achieve this goal, we thought about a solution and want to present it to you. Please, read the concept, ask questions and give us constructive feedback on it.
The basic idea is that all 15 Cropper are NPC cities and half of the 9 Cropper are NPC villages. Like the Natarian villages that already exist on the map, but different.
What would that mean for you exactly?
The early run to 15c will be no more.
Basically, you’ll need to first defeat the NPCs to get hold of those tiles and can’t just settle on it. The intention is to make it more competitive for players to get these tiles.
There are 2 options: Either conquer the villages or destroy them completely and make room for a settlement.
Both options require longer building times of either training a chieftain or building siege engines like catapults and rams.
There is more:
Some players requested more attacks, for example by the Natars. These new NPC cities and villages will be populated with feisty and vengeful inhabitants. There are 3 main cases of their “attacking strategy”:
Case 1: Actively attack neighbors
- The NPC tribe isn’t waiting for you to attack them. After some weeks, they will search for their targets and start raiding them.
- They won’t concentrate their attack on only one player but will reach out to players that are nearby (radius of 5 tiles). So that you are not spammed all the time by attacks, they only attack once per day. The time of the attack however differs from time to time. With this, you should consider if you want to settle next to the NPCs 😉
- If you are defending yourself very well against those attacks we will grant you a little reward, such as a resource chest.
- Of course, defending against those NPCs also reduces their troop power, so we will have a stopper for them. As soon as they are only around 75% of troops remaining, the NPC will stop with attacking the players until players attack them (see the next case).
Case 2: Fighting back
- When you start attacking the NPCs, they won’t stay put and only defend themselves. They will remember who attacked them and attack those players back. They will attack all players that picked up a fight with them at some point. That means, different players will get targeted.
- Players with more troop power will get targeted more often and with more troops than players with less troop power.
- Nonetheless, also players with a smaller force level will get a chance to win deff points and small rewards
- Same as in the first phase, when only 60% of troops are remaining, the NPCs will stop attacking the players.
Case 3: Revenge attacks
- This case will arise after you conquered/destroyed a NPC village/city
- The NPCs are now out for their revenge and will attack the lost village/city in 5 waves. That means: prepare for defense.
- As a defense tactic, you could choose to dodge the attacks by sending your troops away, or you accept the battle, and if you defended your village well, each wave will give you and your supporters each a special item.
- What kind of little rewards or special items would you think would be fair for successfully defending against these NPC troops? We are thinking about resource chest. Would you prefer resource piles? Or something else?
- Should this new NPC tribe have siege engines and therefore the power to destroy player buildings and/or even whole villages? Or would that be OP in your eyes? If so, which kind of restrictions would even it out or would you prefer to just cut out this option for good?
- Is there anything else you would want to change? What is your general opinion of this concept? What do you think, will be other benefits of this new feature?
We are looking forward to your feedback,
Your Travian Kingdoms Team