Troop forwarding

• In old travian there's a feature that let's you redirect troops stationing in your village or your troops that are stationing in someones village to another village. Why isn't it implemented here? It's a crucial feature. Is it possible it returns? What do you think about this feature?

• It's actually a feature of SE/RoA/PTP only, these are birthday special servers with a special map and settle restrictions.

Fair enough if it wasn't a feature but it would make sense to allow troop forwarding in the game, it's not like there's any reasons not to allow it

• Since it is kingdoms theme; actually we can make a kingdoms rally point ( which may be unloacked according to treasures). Kingdoms' rallies points can be stationed within the kingdoms and can act as launch point ( to and fro)

• Huge effect on the defence:offence balance is not a reason?

I feel like it would boost both off and def in an equal amount so the balance would remain somewhat similar, eg if u could launch an attack from a village where ur army is reinforcing and same for def

• I feel like it would boost both off and def in an equal amount so the balance would remain somewhat similar, eg if u could launch an attack from a village where ur army is reinforcing and same for def

Could i reinforce my hammer next to an enemy kings capital and siege him from 1 square away then? :/ No matter how that's implemented it'd affect the games balance a lot.

• Could i reinforce my hammer next to an enemy kings capital and siege him from 1 square away then? :/ No matter how that's implemented it'd affect the games balance a lot.

okay yeah when u put it like that i guess, maybe they could change it so u have to request to reinforce a player?? so like the person receiving your troops would have to accept them. I mean multi acc could bypass it but it's best solution i can think of on the fly

• It's reinforcement forwarding not merging armies or anything like that. All it would do is making deff actions easier. You wouldn't have to recall reinforcements just to send them back pretty much in the same direction.

• That's the problem. It would be easier. Defenders have it way too easy already. Playing offensively, you're just fucked, treasuries are the only target most people care about (because it's the only target leading directly to victory), so it's already onle 6 possible targets. And there's already tons of def there. If you could forward troops from one treasury to another, in case of attack, it would be even more ridiculously easy to defend. Water ditch, single digit relevant target number, easy def supply in treasuries, ..., don't buff playing passively and braindeadly even more, please.

• That's the problem. It would be easier. Defenders have it way too easy already. Playing offensively, you're just fucked, treasuries are the only target most people care about (because it's the only target leading directly to victory), so it's already onle 6 possible targets. And there's already tons of def there. If you could forward troops from one treasury to another, in case of attack, it would be even more ridiculously easy to defend. Water ditch, single digit relevant target number, easy def supply in treasuries, ..., don't buff playing passively and braindeadly even more, please.

yeah having said that i completely agree, i love playing off but its so balanced towards defending nowadays.

• How is it making off weaker? You can just create village closer to enemy kingdom that will act as an off forwarding base from which would all the attacks would be send.

It would give securing regions and areas much more importance.

• How is it making off weaker? You can just create village closer to enemy kingdom that will act as an off forwarding base from which would all the attacks would be send.

It would give securing regions and areas much more importance.

We didn't say it would make off weaker, just that it would buff defenders massively - also your point is an example of why this update would be stupid, there is no need to add troop forwarding.

• We didn't say it would make off weaker, just that it would buff defenders massively

Which would make off weaker by relativity.

also your point is an example of why this update would be stupid, there is no need to add troop forwarding.

Why? Why would it be stupid? Cause it's different?

You can already land your def before off hits so forwarding troops won't change that much, but it does change the game from having static def stationed in treasury and waiting for end game into more dynamic movement of troops and region control. Which in my opinion is a great change.

• Which would make off weaker by relativity.

Why? Why would it be stupid? Cause it's different?

You can already land your def before off hits so forwarding troops won't change that much, but it does change the game from having static def stationed in treasury and waiting for end game into more dynamic movement of troops and region control. Which in my opinion is a great change.

First of all, you just disproved your own point - you said it wouldn't make off weaker and then said it would just then - make up your mind. Secondly, it would make an enourmous difference - there is huge difference between being able to see an attack incoming for 2-3 hours on a treasury and being able to respond and having like 5-10 mins to respond - it cuts the def they could receive massively

• If you wan't to play off seriously you just fake massively and attack for real just one target. Not necessarily the treasuries. If you wan't to play it safe you could attack governors instead, weakening opponent's eco by bits. It makes no point not to have that feature 'cause it's what you'd normally do. Give an order to the troops to move. It could even have a messenger delay.

• First of all, you just disproved your own point - you said it wouldn't make off weaker and then said it would just then - make up your mind. Secondly, it would make an enourmous difference - there is huge difference between being able to see an attack incoming for 2-3 hours on a treasury and being able to respond and having like 5-10 mins to respond - it cuts the def they could receive massively

I never claimed whether off or def would be weaker. I simply asked for arguments for "it would buff defenders massively".

I understand that you can move your def troops more easily around an area, especially if they come from far away, but same goes for off units so I don't see how one would be 'massively' better than the other.

About reponse time, you're not gonna have hammers hitting your treasury from a village next to them, you're gonna have few hours to respond at very least and your def troops should be close enough that they can respond to the threat, especially with forwarding. You shouldn't let your enemy develop a village next to your treasury.

But balance wise, I think it would buff roman DEF due to having much more maneuverable praetorians and also gaul OFF and ghost hammers in general.

Not sure how it would affect off/def balance.