Gaul's Guide - Speed

• Some good calculations you have there bro but I dont't think you can call it a guide - you haven't clearly laid out a method for players to achieve this, instead only stated the endgame values of a developed village. Since your guide seems to be aimed at beginners I suggest to show them how they can work towards this goal with a clearer path to develop their villages and cities from the beginning of a server.

• Some good calculations you have there bro but I dont't think you can call it a guide - you haven't clearly laid out a method for players to achieve this, instead only stated the endgame values of a developed village. Since your guide seems to be aimed at beginners I suggest to show them how they can work towards this goal with a clearer path to develop their villages and cities from the beginning of a server.

If it isn't for beginners that isn't clear though, the language you are using is suggesting that the reader is playing gaul for the first time

• I'm teaching things to people so yes, I'm talking like people dont know those things.
    someone who played gauls in a classic serv cant be ready to play it speed. Even he's good. He'll miss things.

• Would it be possible to provide this as text, instead of image? I'd love to read it, think about it, and post my two cents about it, but that's quite hard without being able to quote it. Thanks. :x

• Sadly, I'm using an old version of Photoshop and... copy and past isnt one of its options.
    But I really wanna read your comment about it. Me or you will need to to an effort (I'll appreciate if that's you since I'll need to make it without images and it would takes me few hours to do it XD)

• Ah, what a pity. :( Reading this is no problem, but quoting sucks. :D

Chapter I

• First, I like, that you assume a gaul to be defensive. It's just a little thing, but it makes me happy. Off gaul sucks, down with that!

Chapter II

• I would point out, that a 15c produces more resource than any other capital, because more fields are affected by crop oasis & mill/bakery, in addition to your point of npc costs. Also it doesn't need sawmill/brickyard/iron foundry. I would write a note on the importance of the first two oasis, aswell.
    • Good point about the cities, it's rare, that I read, that someone advises against them, whyever. Early/mid pure poison for culture and account development (late aswell, but doesn't matter much then).
    • Also good point about parties. I like your graphics on that. But I would add the culture per day aswell, because the graphics on their one suggest to not celebrate at all, due to less resources. If one would see how much more culture a party-village produces, it'd be more understandable.

Chapter III

• I wouldn't recommend using swords for robbers. I'd just use haedus. They're a bit cheaper, but one trains them for def anyway and on the long run 3k swords to cost 72k resources, every single day, only to clear robbers. I'd prefer the haedu losses instead.
    • Yep, attack robbers instantly is a good point.
    • It's trade office, not trade counter (might confuse other people, too xD)
    • I don't see, why you shouldn't train in barracks & stable in one village. Sure, the village needs more supporters, but only has to build one smithy, instead of two. Dudu only or haedu only with phalanx only in capital is insane expensive and weak against cavalry or infantry, depending on which one you chose.
    • Again, I like the graphics.

In general, I would try to elaborate more on certain points. You mention a lot of things, which are mostly true, but ... some important things are only mentioned. Or not really convincinly elaborated on, for instance the party-thing. I'd try to show the benefits of parties more. Or spend more time on explaining how one sets up the required infrastructure. There seems to be a huge gap between building the capital and suddenly having 12 villages. You mention parties, not making cities, pushing support and def villages with capital's resources, but ... if I would have to rely on this guide, I would like to have a little bit more details on the path to 12 villages. This reminds me a little bit at my university math lecture scripts. Only the necessary things are there, but you have to work a lot to fully understand them. I hope it's clear what I mean.

But it's on a good path imo, and, which is an important aspect, it's information is correct. I saw some "guides" full of errors, bad tips, and so on, yours is quite the relief of them.