Decide on the Night Truce Timings

• Dear players,

Night Truce is usually active between Midnight and 8 am.

As COM is an international domain, you all are living in quite different time zones. We did a smaller poll before, but would do so now specifically for this first night truce com round,

Which time zone would you prefer to have the Night Truce in? Remember that we already have other European Night Truce rounds and could do one for the American countries or the Asians ones.

Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Best regards

Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Highest portion of com players are still european am i wrong? Atleast it seems that way every time i see people looking for sitters :D You could do every other night truce on NA times and other on EU times and keep cycling. Problem with other EU night truce rounds are that they are absolutely dead compared to COM, so i can see why a lot of europeans stay far away from those.

• Which of these 3 time zones would be your favorite? 25

1. UTC (11) 44%
    2. UTC +1 (11) 44%
    3. UTC +2 (7) 28%

Jallu does that mean, you would be interested in playing on a world with night truce close to UTC? Which of the 3 options on the left would you choose? @all: Feel free to vote, too.

• what if every player has their own night truce depending on what time they joined the server

//-_-/ -_-/ -_-/- - (:?l) - -/-_- /-_- /-_-//

:/wether to game or to get gamed;)

:)There lies the question:S

-. ... .. .. ?.!.?:!::?::!:?.!.?. .. .. ... .-

• care to explain yourself further?

classic comment, take 2 minutes to think about that idea before you suggest such things.

you dont even have to think too far to realize its not gonna work

• A better idea for com: make 2 hours peace and 2 hours normal and repeat 6 times a day, so that it is balanced for everyone. You have to work even harder for attack planning this way! This was the purpose of night truce right? (if it hasnt changed, you couldnt receive AND send attacks while in the truce)

Libasinho / Glorfindel / Twinblade

Member of ZLF

• what if every player has their own night truce depending on what time they joined the server

Hi Cincinnati thank you for sharing your thoughts. This idea won't be implemented due to two main reasons

• This is technically too complex and prone to produce mistakes
    • It wouldn't be clear who can be attacked when

To elaborate on the last point: Even if you found out who is when on night truce and prepared your farm lists accordingly, the players that have their night truce at the time when most players are active, will find the game rounds very inactive during their active phase. That wouldn't be a fun game experience.

Does this explanation answer your question?

need a night truce with an american time zone :/

Teljildad Does that mean, you are still considering it? Or do you think a European time zone would be better?

make 2 hours peace and 2 hours normal and repeat 6 times a day,

Glorfindel Interesting idea that would change up the whole game experience. Especially when conquering the WWs, this would lead to very high complications. This radical idea is nothing for an upcoming game round, but should be tested first. I think, it's worth discussing it in an own thread. That's why I created this one: New style of game round: 2hours attack zones

kr, BridgetB

• Thanks for elaborating on that Bridget...Im only spewing out my ideas so people get more ideas as I believe happened here. Keeping to yourself is never the answer as many tend to think here. Even if people are making bad guides and such, then at least they have opportunity to be corrected on their wrong assumptions.

dixi

• Does that mean, you are still considering it? Or do you think a European time zone would be better?

Well an European time zone just dont work for the folks in america. Our prime time, when most of the people is active, the truce is on so it's no really that fun for us, plus when we sleep there's no truce and that makes us more vulnerable that the people living on europe.

• Teljildad exactly that's why we never done a com night truce before: It's difficult to find the most fitting truce time. And that is why we have started this thread, to discuss it with you all.

What would be your preferred timing? UTC -5 maybe?

The original point of having an american time zone or asian time zone night truce round is pretty fine in my books though.

Curtain I copied your entry from another thread. What kind of American time zone would fit you the most? UTC -5 or another one?

• UTC -5 is perfect for players like me... but i would have to agree that most players are in EU side or at least the ones i have played or talked with on many a server since the beginning of the game. However if there is one for EU already then why not one for USA or ASIA? just a thought...

COM 1.3 - Finished - 11/8/2016

COM 6.1 - Finished - 11/26/2016

COM 3.3 - Finished - 1/21/2017

COM 4 - Finished - 3/24/2019

And many many duels in between :S:S

:thumbsup:

• Which of these 3 time zones would be your favorite? 8

1. UTC -5 (4) 50%
    2. UTC -6 (3) 38%
    3. UTC -7 (1) 13%

On the one hand, we have the small poll above with European time zones. Now, we could do a small one with American time zones. What time zone settings would you prefer to play on? It will also run for one week.

• i think this night truce games are meant for local teams, not international ones, so if the game designers do a europe time, then it is a must to make an american time and an asia time - for people that want to play local - it is moving from national severs to zone/continent serves