This is for players who played legends, and play kingdoms for first time. Still haven't finished one kingdom server, but not sure if I will be motivated to make a list of differences by then.
Legends to kingdoms “differences” :
Differences regarding early-game importance:
- Quests are insane, forget your old way of simming 2nd village, do the quests.
- A kingdom can invite you to relocate your spawn village in their kingdom at no cost except lost building time but all resources will be put in your hero inventory. So these Menhirs are essentially invites for relocation.
- Demolishing buildings, creates rubble and rubble gives you at least 1/3 of the invested resources
- Relocating gives 100% the resource cost of resource fields in your inventory, but destroys all the resource fields to lvl 0 and the buildings stay untouched after relocation (this open the ability to settle 2nd village faster).
- Stolen goods gives crop if you do it from a village that is inside the kingdom you’re part of.
- Stolen goods turn into treasure for the kingdom.
- Embassy level 1 gives free slot to occupy oasis
- There is no hero mansion, embassy is the new hero mansion.
- Oasis are shareable goes from 5%/10% to 25%/50%
- City takes up a expansion slot to settle a new village
- Early game it’s probably smart to city up your capital for the 500 CP production per day, after wards you can decide to turn it into a village or keep it.
- you can make great barracks/stable in a capital if it's a city.
- Deleted players don’t leave a natar village
- As king you can collect tributes from your governors
tip: there is a quest that you get 800 cp (do small party)
Differences combat related things:
- Horses are buffed, most of them have -50% resource cost to make.
- Sending fakes with 20 units is not enough anymore, since players use spy-glass which can increase the amount they can see through Fakes (+5+ 10 + 15, can be upgraded to +5). So send at T1 30 units, T2, 36 units T3, 40-45 units.
- Bonuses of Brewery (20%), hero (20%) and siege (33%) are multiplied against each other instead of stacking. 33% * 20% * 20%= 1.92 offensive bonus.
- You can’t fake siege attacks with normal attacks (attack will be categorised into normal,raid, siege "new category" in rally point)
- You can raid tribute to your king or foreign king if your village is in a kingdom.
- Blocking scouts give hero exp
- sending one scout to see if hero is home is now possible (hero gains exp) and to determine if someone has sent a fake
- weapon/equipment release dates T2 day 40/speed and T3 day 80/speed
- Blocking scouts doesn't seem to share def points
Difference in general and regarding treasuries:
- Map are small, expect max 100x100. Map expands if more player register.
- Stealing treasuries from kingdom with higher victory points gives 10 to 25 points per stolen treasure.
- Stealing treasuries from governor doesn’t give victory points
- Destroying all treasury buildings replaces treasuries to the player’s second active treasury (closest one).
- You’ve to send a normal attack with hero to steal treasuries and it will only steal 1/3 of the treasure, if all of the treasury buildings are destroyed it takes all treasuries.
- Robber camps spawn every 3-4 days. They’re like Hideouts and don’t need hero to get the stolen goods.
- Robber hideouts spawn every 24 hours and later in bigger intervals....
- No Tablets to up your loyalty, and max loyalty normal village is 100% and city 200%
- Grey villages are people who haven’t logged in for a week, after that it takes 21 days to be removed from map.
Differences in WW/VP related things:
- No artefacts
- Kingdom with most victory points wins the server
- Winner WW takes 50% bonus VP 2nd place 33% and so on. Having multiple WW’s does stack the bonus.
- Server can take up to 180 days, normally ends around day 150.
- Since there is no building plan, WW immediately gives -50% crop consumption.
- Robber camps don't spawn on 4446, so the fewer non 4446 you have as kingdom, the less robber camps spawn. Although there is a maximum how many robber camps can spawn based amount of kingdom members (robber camp mechanics)
- After Treasury level 20, more treasuries can be built
- WW spawns at day 111 with no need for building plan, but they still need to build great warehouses et cetera. They start with same buildings as in legends. So destroy ww to 1 pop when it spawns.
- If a kingdom is older than 30 days, it can do a union with another kingdom that is older than 30 days and connected. Resulting into doubling the dukes and a king and Vice-king. Al active treasuries will be transferred without taking in account the total amount of treasuries the kingdom has.
Annoyances that travian kingdom has:
- Ingame notifications are horrible, worst thing ever created and there is no solution. Deal with it, it will popup multiple times in the right hand bottom corner, until you open the kingdom chat and read it.
- Slow response at times when clicking on things (I've fiber internet and overkill pc using chrome), often when you switch villages TG's server can't handle displaying proper building queue sometimes and for minutes at mobile phone. Super annoying if you're trying to build fast for few minutes during work on your mobile phone.
Note: I haven't played travian legends for a year, changes that you can't reinforce farms/players outside your alliance/confederation is not implemented in travian kingdom. And many more improvements in travian legends that could cause differences (like only 3 tribes in travian kingdom) I'm not updated with.