Beginners protection

• Beginners protection ending without warning at 200 pop and then immediately getting killed by a load of established/p2w players isn't good for the game

Like how do you expect your dwindling playerbase to stick around if this is every new players experience?

• There's many ways to not get killed. Zoo, dodge attacks, gaul traps...learn the game.

I feel like this is overly aggressive way to help a new person. We want to be supportive and enable new people to play so the game grows, not aggressive.

Like how do you expect your dwindling playerbase to stick around if this is every new players experience?

I wouldn't say that the players attacking you are paying to win. This game rewards activity more than anything. There are a few steps you can take to help get out of beginner's protection safely. And they'll help you grow as a player.

1) Follow the quests. They help steer people in the right direction. One of the keys early on is building a small set of troops. Most people will avoid attacking people with any troops. But most importantly build scouts either before you hit 200 population or right after.

2) Join a kingdom. This is very important and often overlooked by new players. You can now relocate to join any kingdom, no matter how far they are. This means that by the end of beginner's protection you should have a kingdom. This will also often deter farmers. Not all, but most.

3) Watch your population. As you said, there isn't any warning once you hit 200. You have to be very careful to not go over 200 population until you're ready. Some players will actually stop and build nothing but troops while they wait an extra day in beginner's protection. I'm not sure how effect this really is but it is something to consider. I also wouldn't jump to 200 right before bed, for example.

4) Utilize the forum. The forum has some pretty decent guides plus you can ask questions. I would be sure to read over guides to understand some of the dynamics of the game and ask as many questions as possible. If you struggle with being active, ask on the forum for a dual. That's someone who will play with you to cover times when you cannot play.

5) Join a new world. Be sure when you start a game the world isn't too old. It's best to start a world in the first 3 days because nobody else has many troops either. Once mid game hits, you'll have little to no chance of starting a new account without being farmed.

6) Don't give up. There are ways to be annoying to farmers. Dodging by building crannies and spending down, killing troops by defending with your hero and some troops, traps for gaul players, etc. You can also try to talk to the person attacking. Sometimes, if you are reasonable, they will understand that you're new and stop. This is also a great chance to ask them questions to learn more.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

• leo#EN(19) has already pointed very good advice about your early game, here on the forums are some guides for new players (here is the link), also the proteccion do not goes off without warning, on your timer for BP if you mouse over it you will see a text that said how many time is left of BP and if that you reach 200 pop the proteccion goes off.

• leo#EN(19) has already pointed very good advice about your early game, here on the forums are some guides for new players (here is the link), also the proteccion do not goes off without warning, on your timer for BP is your mouse over you will see a text that said how many time is left of BP and if that you reach 200 pop the proteccion goes off.

And if you don't think this is enough or mobile is not the same (I play in browser mostly) then please start a thread commenting on that.

• There's many ways to not get killed. Zoo, dodge attacks, gaul traps...learn the game.

There's many ways to not be repellent. Write some advice, try to be friendly, just write nothing ... learn the social skills.

@Topic, the problem is, Kingdoms is a permanent and real-time PvP server based game. They finish and restart once in a while, but as new player you have a high chance to start in a world, that's a few weeks old. More time = more infrastructure and troops for the others, it's only natural to be behind when starting late. I would recommend new players to use their first world as test world, see what happens if one does this, see how farmers react to xyz, etc., and to kill some time until the next fresh server start. Start as gaul then, build a trapper lvl 3-4 during beginner's protection (bp) and fill it with traps, do not equip boots of the chicken (attackers see it and therefore know: ah, no troops, easy farm), build enough crannies and consider "wasting" a few resources in troops during bp. Skill your hero in fighting strength and see how the world goes. Also, scouts are important. Urgently train 5-10 before bp ends or immediately after. Especially in the early game, farmers can't lose much troops while farming. A single farm doesn't pay off well enough or relieably enough to risk a big part of the troops, therefore they farm many save targets, not a few hard ones. Also, activity is important. Use your resources before incoming attacks, such that none get stolen. Lastly, search a kingdom during bp, that's important - as leo pointed out already.