WW hammer questions

• Why do people include rams in their WW hammers? assuming you are attacking into overwhelming defence, doesn't this mean that your rams will all die before they do anything? wouldn't it be better to just have an extra 15k troops instead of 5k rams? or do people just build rams because they are the next best thing if you have maxed out great barracks and stables? I understand catapults are included because they deal a little bit of damage even if they all die, are rams the same?

• When you are going for a WW hammer there is two kinds.

Either you can build one that has rams in it or one with catapults. These two must work together to make a siege against the WW work.

The idea is that because there are so many troops in the WW destroying the wall is a must to be able to make some significant damage with your catapult hammer. So just like said with 15k extra troops vs 5k rams the idea of the rams are to suicide and lower the wall as much as possible to do this you need a good mix between troops and siege equipment.

Normally rammers are Teutons (because of the brewery) and normally catapult hammers are Roman for their superior catapults. Gauls are generally used for both.

• Why do people include rams in their WW hammers? assuming you are attacking into overwhelming defence, doesn't this mean that your rams will all die before they do anything? wouldn't it be better to just have an extra 15k troops instead of 5k rams? or do people just build rams because they are the next best thing if you have maxed out great barracks and stables? I understand catapults are included because they deal a little bit of damage even if they all die, are rams the same?

A part of the dying catapults do still fight and aim at their targets. The % of dying but yet aiming catapults depends on the % of dying defensive troops.

Rams do have this mechanic aswell, but they also ram the wall twice. First time before the actual fight. Then the intermediate value is used for the fight. Then they damage it again. The intermediate number isn't shown in the report itself though.

Rams in WWR therefore do a couple of things, most relevant on top, least relevant on bottom:

1) Damage/remove wall, such that WWK kills more def. => more dying catapults aim

2) WWR itself removes more def, because of the intermediate wall level. => less def when WWK arrive => more %-def killed by them => more dying catapults aim

3) You can't replace 5k rams with 15k other troops. You train 24/7 in barracks, stable, gb and gs. There's just no way to produce 15k more troops. You don't decide "either 5k rams or 15k troops", you decide "either 5k rams or no rams without compensation for it". => more overall fighting strength by rams

Normally rammers are Teutons (because of the brewery) and normally catapult hammers are Roman for their superior catapults. Gauls are generally used for both.

Roman catapults are just as good as teuton ones. The actual fighting strength stat doesn't affect their ability to destroy/damage buildings. The training time is the same for all three tribes aswell. Teuton WWK would work just as fine, but their crop consumption is just a pain in the ass ... and if you don't train 24/7 in all 5 buildings due to lack of crop/resources, you lose the +2.42% fighting strength advantage of teuton club vs. roman caesaris, while you don't have that many problems as roman => train 24/7 more easily => bigger hammer in the end. For WWR this argument just doesn't work, because with brewery you have an additional 20% bonus fighting strength => teuton is better, even if you lost some building time to the crop consumption.

At least this is what I assume, why WWK are usually romans and not teutons. I don't see a "real", numeric reason for it.

• thanks guys. btw I think the main reason romans are generally favored for hammer building is because they get more attack damage per crop (although like you say the brewery probably makes up for it)

also maybe because a roman hammer won't die if it gets intercepted by a another hammer a quarter its size?

• Also if you compare traning time/attack power for WW hammers will be like this:

1. Club + TK + Ram

2. Club + TK + Cata

3. Imp + EC + Ram

4 .Imp + EC + Cata

5 .Sword + Head +Ram

6 .Sword + Head + Cata

Depends on the player , but you are right , i do prefer to just produce attacking troops + Catapult only , and we do usually go in teams , in hitting the high level WW. WW Hammers who specialized in producing ram enter first followed by WW hammers who specialized in producing catapult of course attacking troops as well . Idk but i haven't seen any single WW hitter or WW hammer go in a solo mission , hitting a WW on high level , example Level 90 and above.