Holiday truce and WWs

• Do you want the WW spawn date to be delayed to 03.01? 147

1. Yes (125) 85%
    2. No (22) 15%

Dear COM8 players :)
    We recently got several questions regarding the WW spawn date on COM8 which is currently 30.12
    This is a bit tricky as we usually have truce activated on this date and the next few days afterwards. Should we delay the WW spawn date with few days so you can enjoy the new year's eve truce?
    We want to be as transparent as possible with you and take the decision on what to do with you so please cast your vote :)
    The poll ends this Friday, 06.12

Kind regards
    Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• For me having a clean holiday without having to worry about wonder is clearly the superior option, especially since its only "cost" is merely ~3 days longer round. I don't think that hurts anyone and it definitely helps lot of people so don't see why not.

• What would happen if the vote comes to a "No" ? Would WW spawn and be conquerable and unable to attack afterwards it was conquered?

There are two options:
    1. Truce will be activated anyways. The WWs will spawn on 30.12 but nobody will be able to attack/conquer them before the truce ends on 02.01
    2. No truce will be activated. The WWs will spawn on 30.12 and will be immediately available for conquering + there will be no truce at all which makes it possible for someone to conquer your WW while you're celebrating :)

Seeing how the vote goes so far, I'm positive we won't have to evaluate the above mentioned options :)

Kind regards

Community Manager

• I really don't see any good reason for delaying this server anymore.

The server is more or less dead. 719 players "active" for the moment.

The general problem with normal speed servers is that they take too long time (many days) to finish.

I have spoken with many players and responded several times in surveys, that you need to shorten this.

And no, speed servers is not the answer. The level of activity required on a speed server is different.

We need normal speed servers where:

• First phase is ok in length. Players build and fight.
    • Mid-game should be shortened by 10-15 days. Too less things really happen in this phase. Many players are quitting.
    • End game, before WW is meaningless long. Reduce with 50%. Even more players are quitting.
    • WW-phase is just boring. Reduce building time of infrastructure with 50%. Those players outside WW teams just see "send more crop". messages

Too compensate for less time to build hammers, it is possible to decrease building time of troops in general or reduce building time for each phase.

I think normal speed servers do have a place in the game set-up, but need to reduce the calendar time madness.

• Somehow, I'm sure your answer, for the most part, does not correspond to the theme of the topic. This is 'com8 embassy', not 'suggestions'.

Somehow, I think that my first sentence answered the poll and reflect my vote.

The rest is just a reasoning behind my answer. I did not see any hint in the poll telling that it would be inappropriate to motivate the answer.

• Hey guys :)

there's no need of an argument here, everyone's feedback is highly appreciated. It is however true that some of the ideas here deserve their own topic so it would be great if you can post them here: Ideas / Wishes / Suggestions

Thank you everyone for voting and participating in the decision making process :)
    According to the poll results, we'll postpone the World Wonders with few days.

Best regards
    Georgi

Community Manager