"Every last grain" achievement bugged

• Hello,

I submitted a ticket to support, but I would also like to report this bug in the forum to see if others have experienced the same thing. Also I would be curious to know if anyone has been awarded this achievement.

I joined a low population 1x local server specifically for the purpose of getting this achievement.

The achievement requirement is "Have at most 0 crop in all granaries as a top 50 player at the end of a game round.": http://prntscr.com/qi2ll1

As you can see, my best finish says I had 1 crop in the granaries. However I know for a fact, and can prove with screenshots that there was no crop in any granary.

My friend also got the same bug... his best finish is 3 crop. When he created a ticket to report the issue, he was told that he must have had troop starvation which gave extra crop.

Proof of top 50: http://prntscr.com/qi2lrp

Proof that crop balance was ZERO: http://prntscr.com/qi2le1

Proof that there was no negative crop balance, so starvation was not possible: http://prntscr.com/qi2l8k

My only conclusion is that the achievement is bugged, and that the servers are somehow reporting "ghost" crop that isn't shown in game.

More evidence of "ghost" crop can be seen if you NPC to upgrade a building when you have ZERO crop production. You can specifically enter the exact amount of crop needed for the upgrade in the NPC screen and perform the NPC. The crop shown after NPC will be what you specified, however once you upgrade the building there will still be 1-3 crop left in your granary.

• Have at most 0 crop in all granaries as a top 50 player at the end of a game round.

Wtf, and I thought 30k is hilariously little. Low pop server works I guess though.

Resources aren't stored as integers, but with something after the decimal point, e.g. 0.013 crop, I guess for making stuff easier to calculate. My guess is, that you had a total of 1 crop in your granaries, e.g. 0.12 in the first village, 0.23 in the second, 0.16 in the third and 0.3 in the fourth (total = 0.81, rounded to 1). I don't think it's ever achieveable to have "at most 0" unless you destroy your croplands in the whole account with no troops in it

(-> negative production, but nothing will starve, because there are no troops, so crop stays at 0).

• Resources aren't stored as integers, but with something after the decimal point, e.g. 0.013 crop, I guess for making stuff easier to calculate. My guess is, that you had a total of 1 crop in your granaries, e.g. 0.12 in the first village, 0.23 in the second, 0.16 in the third and 0.3 in the fourth (total = 0.81, rounded to 1).

This sounds like a reasonable explanation for the discrepancy. However I don't believe it is the intent of the developers (and the achievement) to force us to destroy every crop field (which can't be done through the Main Building) and kill all the troops in every village to remove the "fractions" of grain still left in the granaries.

• Today (7 days after reporting the issue) I received a response from Travian. It's frustrating because It appears that they didn't even read my original report. They gave the same response that there must have been starving troops:

Hi Crooked Tooth,

so, our tech team had a look at your request and the problem lies with starving troops at the time the gameworld ends. This achievement is intended to be very difficult, perhaps the most difficult one.

For this achievement to be completed, a player must have 0 crop in all villages and no starving troops. Because of starving troops, whenever a troop starves some crop is given, making it almost impossible to have exactly 0 crop in that village.

Though we understand how difficult the achievement is, we have no intention of changing it for now. We have also established that there are some people who did get the achievement so it is not impossible to get.

Best regards,

Black Swan

Customer Service Representative

Travian Games GmbH

Legal mandatory information: https://www.traviangames.com/en/imprint/

• That is dissapointing. I had kinda similar experience with phatological hoarder-achievement, but I managed get it a week after Com5 ended. So I were hoping you would get positive results as well. Sounds like a challenge which could be fun to try to get, but that answer doesn’t really provide any information to what went wrong.

• I am pleased to say that after replying to the above response... Travian has awarded the achievement, admitted it is bugged, and will fix it in an upcoming patch.

Hi Crooked Tooth,

we have put some extra effort into the problem and found an issue with numbers not being rounded. Therefore it looked like there was 0 crop, but actually, there was for example 0,3 crop, then after adding all the villages together, it would end up being more than 0. This issue will be fixed in a one of the upcoming releases.

In the meantime, we have granted you the achievement, as it looked that you fulfilled all the requirements for the achievement. You can now collect it in the lobby.

Best regards,

Black Swan

Customer Service Representative

Travian Games GmbH

Legal mandatory information: https://www.traviangames.com/en/imprint/

• I will attempt this achievement

My solution to get around the decimal point problem will be

1) match the production of your villages with troops (ally troops should also be fine if you happen to run out in the last brawls)

2) max out your granaries by sending in overflowing amount of crop to remove any decimal amounts of crops that might be hidden

3) send out all the crops

Doing this should reset your crop level to integers unless the granary has some weird interactions followed by full emptying and with troops cancling out the production it should stay at 0 for the achievement.

• I gonna do that way :

match the production of your villages with troops and after NPC in each village

I hope that gonna work