Travian Kingdom is dying under our watch

Upcoming Forum Maintenance Thursday, 04.06.2020
Thursday, June 4th 2020, from 12:00 pm CEST (UTC +2) to approx. 14:30 pm CEST (UTC +2)
Duration: approx. 2 1/2 hours
  • Though I agree upon the issue of multis I don't think they impact the game as much as you are describing here.

The main issue in this game is kingdoms who take the easy way.

Last round I played was a small server. We were #5 and numbers 1, 2, and 4 all teamed up against us.

Their combined power was ~20x ours and we didn't stand a chance. After that they targeted #3, which was also easy.

They knew this would depopulate the game world and turn the game stale but they did so anyway.

These kingdoms have players that want to build as large armies as possible.

What is the point of building a huge army when there is nobody left to use it against?

Multis only provide an issue when they are used for an already well established player or against a certain player.

If someone, or a few people, were to make 30 accounts and use it against the biggest players on the server then that would spice things up.

Its like they would be robin hood. They know that what they are doing is generally wrong, but its all good as long as it serves a higher purpose.

Multis like the ones that are made to provide a service such as the selling of troops for real money and stuff is obviously a major threat to the stability of the game.

• Has nothing to do with multies. Its more about gameplay. Amount of treasures is generated based on number of players in kingdom and so we end up with huge metas. If kingdoms were limited to say, 80ppl, players would have to fight instead of uniting.

yeah, but a kingdom with 80 multis accs will generate almost the same amount of treasures, and then will go to the main,,, nothing change... they do that already

• Metas exist cause the best tactic in the game is booming harder than your enemies.
    Both fast settle and relocation encourage this type of tactic cause it allows you to distance yourself from threats and boom safely.

But getting rid of fast settle and relocation are not options in my opinion. Instead we need to increase the benefit of aggressive play.
    When you crush another kingdom most their players go on delete, leaving you with nothing. If these deleted villages would turn into natars who can be farmed and chiefed then aggressive play is much more rewarding.

Fast settle could use a nerf and relocation already got a bit of a nerf with the mists so I guess that's fine for now.

• The only solution is to stop buying gold until something concrete is done to improve the game, if you complain and then you spend € 400 for server, the tg doesn't care about what you think.

Yet another discussion on topics already addressed a thousand times without any effect.

• i dont belive Travian Team cares about players. They work for money. Not players. Funny thing is.. seen with my own eyes.... cheaters buy gold on multies. A lot of gold. A lot.

So.... as long you are paying Travian you can do what ever you like.

We have 0 control over it. I stoped playing myself with my team due to multies and cheating.

I will play on com2 for my own joy and joy of my team. Multies and golders win always. This is pay to win game. Understand it.

Accept it.

Be thankfull you are playing for free.

Circus starts on com2 10.3.2020. I invite you all to join and have fun no matter what.

• Just look at this clown circus. Want to know what georgi did to punish darkske and his 20 multis? -Banned 4 empty accounts

https://prnt.sc/r46gki

https://prnt.sc/r7gbfe

https://prnt.sc/r7gb1s

As a fellow game developer I am disgusted, appalled and many other words seeing how cheating goes unpunished, what is to stop me from making 20 multis except myself? How many times can I see cheaters get banned for 1-2 days instead of permanently?

On behalf of all of doom and gangstas- "seriously wtf?".

This has been a problem for so many years where is the phone verification?

• I wish making a wall of a thread with so many good and bad suggestions would help. Unfortunately it will not. You can permaban an IP and the cheater will make new fake one and then start over doing the same untill they get banned again, then cycle IP and there we go. You cannot therefore solve this ever lasting issue... at all. So the CM will just use standard reply: "Please write a ticket and please do it again, and again and again untill you have done the work of our Tech team" This has always been a thing. Nothing will change that as long as Travian is using open source code. Any one with half a brain and some math skills can write a bot or change IP. Now do you understand why it will never get solved?

• Indeed, phone numbers don't work, account creation shouldn't be made harder as it punishes new players too.

Best way to prevent account spamming is to simply block logins on VPN IPs, not playing on the VPN, only logins.
    Not flagging or something like that, I don't want to get flagged every time I want to torrent something or get around a region lock while still having travian open.

And bot detection systems.

Cause if someone has the time to manage multiple accounts without using bots then they have my respect for their absolute lack of real life. Its still scummy, but you gotta admire the dedication.

• Dude 10 DEF multies are 2M DEF.

A single guy with a multy army and bots will crush a team alone, you think it doesn`t change endgame?

Maybe on a speed test server with a guy that spends all his time in front of the game, and even then its probably impossible to pull out.
    Then again, MAs if reported and real are banned.

Metas exist cause the best tactic in the game is booming harder than your enemies.
    Both fast settle and relocation encourage this type of tactic cause it allows you to distance yourself from threats and boom safely.

But getting rid of fast settle and relocation are not options in my opinion. Instead we need to increase the benefit of aggressive play.
    When you crush another kingdom most their players go on delete, leaving you with nothing. If these deleted villages would turn into natars who can be farmed and chiefed then aggressive play is much more rewarding.

Fast settle could use a nerf and relocation already got a bit of a nerf with the mists so I guess that's fine for now.

Metas exist because people are too lazy to learn how to play the game. Its easier to be more because more people means more robber hideouts, which means more treasuries which means more VP production.
    Except that its an equation where its a lot more funnier and harder to be effective on other aspects.

Fast settle and relocation doesn't encourage Meta, it helps premades to play together right away. Becoming a meta is a choice dictated by people, its not a consequence of the game mechanics. There were metas before and there will be metas after.

The mist thing is absolutely pointless IMO.

• I still vividly remember summer test round a few years back... We fought a russian kingdom next to us under a well-known name, some known players in there. At one point, we started wondering what the hell is going on, considering we had more experienced/known players, better armies, well positioned croppers and over all, more active members. Yet, most of our attacks ran into ten foot brick walls, ending in many losses.

It took us a while.. that is, until a disgruntled player from the other side came our way with an explanation. Leaders of the enemy kingdom had a simple 'requirement', every member is to provide full, unfettered access to their accounts, aka provide full login info. Disgruntled player in question fed us with transcripts of leadership/player conversations, lists of account names, passwords to all those accounts, screenshots of some private chats and so on. Instead of creating a full-blown ruckus in their kingdom with all the info, the decision was made for it to be passed to the support staff in order to have this kingdom removed from the game.

It didn't take long, almost every single account listed in those convos, including whole leadership, got banned... for the whole few days, after which they were all unbanned at the same time followed by attacks on us (if memory servers me well). Keep in mind, these were capital offenses like account sharing among numerous different users and similar, all backed up with proof who's giving their acc info to who, when, passwords, and similar. For example, the king + several aids were capable of logging into any account within the kingdom, at any given time, and use them for whatever goals they chose to.

So, to conclude.. TK is long dead now, all anyone can do is kick a dead corpse around until their foot starts hurting. Or simply... let it rot in peace.

• So, to conclude.. TK is long dead now, all anyone can do is kick a dead corpse around until their foot starts hurting. Or simply... let it rot in peace.

It doesn't help when players only ever post about the negatives rather than the positives of the game.

Sure we've all experienced abusers & cheats, that happens in every online game.

Lets try to rise above all that and try to "make Travian great again" :)

• Thanks for sharing your experience Grim, I think we have all seen this kind of issues and since it is a test server less focus is put onto this kind of problems I would assume since it's not the goal of the server itself. To have a better service in this regard you should probably look to play official servers.

Also, Grim, it might be time to hold up to your word. I've never seen you finish a server I think, you have quit the game so many times ranting every time about the game and yet here you are 4 years later. Might be time to quit for good and stop complaining about the same thing 4 years in a row continuously.

• It doesn't help when players only ever post about the negatives rather than the positives of the game.

Sure we've all experienced abusers & cheats, that happens in every online game.

Lets try to rise above all that and try to "make Travian great again" :)

Yes, blame the players for pointing out blatent abuse of rules followed by little to no action from devs/CM. Believe me, I would like nothing more than to praise my beloved Travian - if it was deserved. Since there is only now a new update that only addresses 10 of 100 game breaking abuses/exploits, the rage continues.

The fact that devs are trying to fix the game is commended

• Yes, blame the players for pointing out blatent abuse of rules followed by little to no action from devs/CM. Believe me, I would like nothing more than to praise my beloved Travian - if it was deserved. Since there is only now a new update that only addresses 10 of 100 game breaking abuses/exploits, the rage continues.

The fact that devs are trying to fix the game is commended

Then just go away and let us enjoy our game in peace?

• Glad it's not just me that thinks this then ;)

I don`t think it is useless as Mehnir to WW closeby, makes it impossible for new Kingdoms to make a stand on a WW against a pre made team.

I do believe it fixes a problem, however poorly.