at what point is sitting considered cheating?

• Let's say I have two friends register two accounts and set me as sitter.

If they never log in and I run those accounts am I violating the rules?

What if they log in once a week?

How much activity do they have to show so that I am not violating the rules for piloting their accounts?

• What do you mean by that, Renuo? If I log in daily and build stuff I can keep those accounts from becoming gray.

To me this seems like a legal way of multiaccounting.

they should become gray anyway indeed, I don't do multiaccounting so I don't know this mechanic

• What do you mean by that, Renuo? If I log in daily and build stuff I can keep those accounts from becoming gray.

To me this seems like a legal way of multiaccounting.

Sitter doesn't keep the account active on its own. Without the owner logging in the account will become inactive eventually (it might be 21 days but I could be wrong).

• Sitter doesn't keep the account active on its own. Without the owner logging in the account will become inactive eventually (it might be 21 days but I could be wrong).

After 21 days of owner not logging, sitters are kicked and account goes grey in the 7 following days.

At the moment sitters are not kicked after 21 days so you can stay sitter of that account until the end of the server without the owner ever logging again.

• After 21 days of owner not logging, sitters are kicked and account goes grey in the 7 following days.

At the moment sitters are not kicked after 21 days so you can stay sitter of that account until the end of the server without the owner ever logging again.

I do remember something like 8 servers ago I was sitter on a dude that abandoned the game and tried to make some more def for WW and was removed when he went grey.

Why did this change? :/

• I do remember something like 8 servers ago I was sitter on a dude that abandoned the game and tried to make some more def for WW and was removed when he went grey.

Why did this change? :/

No clue
    In 2016, we reported the issue, it was fixed, and now the problem has reappeared