99% of All players never experience WW

• I prefer the idea of VP limit as that is easier to track than days passed on the server. Before you know it 125 days have passed.

Maybe the kingdom needs to hold the lead for a couple days. Gives others that last minute chance to smash some hammers on them haha XD

I would actually like it if it lasted longer.

Maybe there should be a limit on number of treasuries you can build. But you can capture as many as you like ;)
    So now it becomes territorial. VP generation is based on how many fields you own too, treasures become a smaller part.

You are changing too much at once to accurately test the effects of each change being made. You wouldnt be able to attribute a better or worse gameplay experience to a few features if you change so many as you are suggesting.

They shortened server length in kingdoms because in legends they last many months and this was boring and annoying for people.

You cant just do a VP limit, you would also need a day limit because on smaller servers it would take a long time to reach some uniform VP limit because VP numbers are higher when there are more players due to robber hideout mechanics.

• You are changing too much at once to accurately test the effects of each change being made. You wouldnt be able to attribute a better or worse gameplay experience to a few features if you change so many as you are suggesting.

They shortened server length in kingdoms because in legends they last many months and this was boring and annoying for people.

You cant just do a VP limit, you would also need a day limit because on smaller servers it would take a long time to reach some uniform VP limit because VP numbers are higher when there are more players due to robber hideout mechanics.

Testing lame. reduce the cost of units to 0 and let us wage war endlessly!

I'm just thinking of Kingdoms as a game of territory rather than VP.
    There's always talk about treasuries and borders...I'm suggesting shifting the full focus to treasuries and borders. But maybe it too easily allows mega kingdoms to form. The other kingdom concedes their treasuries and joins the bigger one. Player limits on kingdoms solves that.

I would like them to start with a test server without a WW. But certain players will still want something big to hit...

• Hey everyone,

thank you for sharing your thoughts, there are definitely a lot of interesting suggestions!
    Would it be possible for you to provide it with some more insights on some topics? I'll then forward them too to the game center for consideration :

• Is there a difference for you when switching to a standard round, speed round or night truce round?
    • Do you wish for a specific duration game world where the one with the most VP/territory wins or something else?
    • What would be an appropriate time frame in your opinion and wouldn’t it steal some fun and suspense from the late game?

The hospital is currently not being considered because as Neoflex pointed out the bandages serve the same purpose in TK

Best regards

Georgi

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• I mean, since 2015 there have been like 100 posts talking about what could be done differently.

So before starting to give ideas, will anything actually be considered to be implemented for real? Otherwise its just a waste of time writing on keyboard, the same thing over and over again.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 15.35.05.png

I'm having more and more an hard time giving feedback knowing developers themselves don't really care

• Hey Mayo,

of course everything is being considered :) Fabian is currently working on another project and is not the current game designer for TK, that's why he hasn't logged in for a while. We should update that title not to confuse anyone. Your feedback will be collected and forwarded to the game center and the actual game designer :)

Best regards

Community Manager
    Travian Kingdoms International

• Hey Mayo,

of course everything is being considered :) Fabian is currently working on another project and is not the current game designer for TK, that's why he hasn't logged in for a while. We should update that title not to confuse anyone. Your feedback will be collected and forwarded to the game center and the actual game designer :)

Best regards

Ok, who are the current developer for Travian Kingdom then?

It would be nice to have them here as well so we can have an open discussion. We discussed this matter of VP / WW / etc.. I don't know how many times but almost nothing significant has ever happened, except when there was a giant abuse of something, only then it was fixed, to give a few examples:

- change of WW holder last minute (xTools in 2015, and there are other examples)

- change of VP stealing limit to same amount of VP (because on a server someone didn't do anything, they put a spy in a kingdom, moved all treasuries to that spy, then proceed to take them and steal all VPs from #1 kingdom and win)

- change of WW bonus (because #1 WW was just the one who would win because it gave too much bonus)

- change of menhiring attack right away (because multiple players relocated next to other kingdom treasuries and destroyed them from 1 square away)

- change of vacation... (because a kingdom had a WW in vacation for 7 days in a speed server)
    - change of relocation for 15C/9C (because people would get 15C+150% by just waiting to have better locations)

Sending you back to this (most recent I think):
    BM Ideas/Wishes/Suggestions Time Box

And most of these, had been mentioned separately in the previous years, and they are brought back again now.

It would be nice to have a centralised thread where ideas are posted, and they are either rejected or at least we know some schedule or we know what happens to them. Most of them aren't big changes that need insane rework of implementations. It's a beta game and yet there are no significant different gameplay tested in different servers, and a lot of different things could be tested.

• - change of WW holder last minute (xTools in 2015, and there are other examples)

- change of VP stealing limit to same amount of VP (because on a server someone didn't do anything, they put a spy in a kingdom, moved all treasuries to that spy, then proceed to take them and steal all VPs from #1 kingdom and win)

- change of WW bonus (because #1 WW was just the one who would win because it gave too much bonus)

- change of menhiring attack right away (because multiple players relocated next to other kingdom treasuries and destroyed them from 1 square away)

- change of vacation... (because a kingdom had a WW in vacation for 7 days in a speed server)
    - change of relocation for 15C/9C (because people would get 15C+150% by just waiting to have better locations)

Every single instance they knew in advance or they ignored advice from veteran players.

My thought process on this over the past 2 years I fear is probably correct - this is the side project for TG - they don't care about it and just run it on skeleton resources to maintain it's profitability (all support and resources has been diminishing, don't even try to lie to us).

Minister of Propaganda [BM]TM

• Menhiring, vacations and relocations were already reworked.

You cant get duke/king/WW holder in vacations, you cant attack right after menhirs, you cant relocate on 9c/15c anymore.

I guess menhirs should need even bigger rework, but.. some of it happened.

• Menhiring, vacations and relocations were already reworked.

You cant get duke/king/WW holder in vacations, you cant attack right after menhirs, you cant relocate on 9c/15c anymore.

I guess menhirs should need even bigger rework, but.. some of it happened.

Read what I wrote, its literally what I mentioned above, they change features as soon as they are abused. Those were the main examples since the first open beta in 2015.

• Good thread. I much prefer the WW generating VP gradually during the game than just bulk at the end. It actually opens it up to multiple build paths rather than whatever is quickest. The VP boost from WW should be increased, whereas the bulk at the end should be decreased. E.g. number 1 WW has 100% increased VP rate. But at end of server it's only 20% (or nothing). But this reduces the incentive to go smashing WWs. Unless knocking a level off the WW has a BIG VP hit.
    But why even have WW? It's just a defence dumping ground and pain in the ass for the owner. The purpose/need for a WW should be reconsidered.

All your other points are great too!

• Hey everyone,

thank you for sharing your thoughts, there are definitely a lot of interesting suggestions!
    Would it be possible for you to provide it with some more insights on some topics? I'll then forward them too to the game center for consideration :

• Is there a difference for you when switching to a standard round, speed round or night truce round?
    • Do you wish for a specific duration game world where the one with the most VP/territory wins or something else?
    • What would be an appropriate time frame in your opinion and wouldn’t it steal some fun and suspense from the late game?

The hospital is currently not being considered because as Neoflex pointed out the bandages serve the same purpose in TK

Best regards

Georgi

I like speed

a serve that wins a kingdom and not a person would be interesting, they would have to enable more dukes every X victory points or treasures

• Hey everyone,

Best regards

Georgi

1. I have played nothing other than standard round. I need time to respond to things lol
    2. Move the focus onto VP and away from WW. Treasures and treasuries create interesting playstyles. I think part of removing WW is where you spawn is no longer absolutely horrible. Kingdoms will probably still form at the edges, but many will also choose to take a decent cropper nearby and build around that.
    3. As Cerebore stated before, average server length seems to be around 130 days (taking his word for it, I haven't counted lol). I, and most people, have had nothing to do with the WW other than store defence in it for half price lol. I have seen some exciting plays come out of kingdoms in regards to WW. But I think they could pull the same stuff off without the WW.

Ideas are hard. I would just like to see a reduced focus on WW. Winning without a WW is not only theoretically possible, but completely likely.

• Guys don't you think that the strategy to play with hammers for WW is stupid? I suppose this style of play - is the easiest and laziest way to win. That's why it's boring for you in the endgame. Try to organize operations vs others each 3days for example or each week, and the game wont look so boring. Travian is the game where the fun and action is in your own hands, but you should be involved very much in order to receive the excitement.

Regarding GGG (or trinity, or others) play - i didn't see that u crashed any big kingdoms on this server, i suppose that's why it's boring exactly for you on this exact server. Frankly speaking, im surprised to see 4 big kingdoms in the end of the server, nobody was crashed, nobody has dominated. That's the reason why it's boring.

The "only VP" idea will make travian as casual as any other online/browser game, where you don't have any target - just to recieve the certain amount of VP

But the idea if VP or any other mechanics to be linked with the territory of the kingdom - is quite interesting, maybe we should think in this direction and try to shape the rules/plan. But the WW should stay anyway, it's the symbol of the round ending.

I also have the idea, if the WW gives the certain amount of VP (for example 2kk, or smth) but not the %, maybe this could shift game to more active phase.

• Another option is to go the other way around, making many more WWs e.g. 19 (1-6-12) 1 in center 6 in a ring between center and current WWs, and then extend the outer WW ring by an extra ww between each of the current ones. It will give many more opportunity to try to hold a WW and there will be many more possible targets in endgame. If you simultaneously did something about the number of players in an alliance so that the most optimal was 20-25 and 40-50 after a merge, it would give many more alliances the opportunity for a top result, and get their own WW. This could possibly be done by reducing one alliance's VP bonus everyday if you were more than 20 players. If you were over 25, only 1/4 of your treasuries counted in the total of the day, etc.

• An idea could be to have WWs more spread out since it is very possible for a large kingdom to grab 2 WWs for themselves without much issues.

Another idea is to make it so that a WW can be built in any village owned by the king except for their capital (max 1 per king). This way every kingdom would have the opportunity to build a WW, but you would have to rework how the WWs affect victory points. Maybe make it so that the WW increases VP production by a percentage or a flat amount instead of increasing the total amount of VP the kingdom has?