option to hide WW mist area

• This is the first server that the mist has been on the map and a lot of players in my kingdom on com2 (including myself) have found it visually annoying on the map and would prefer if it were able to be hidden.
    Can you please add an option to hide the WW mist (visual only) next to the reduce animations button in the settings? (Settings > Sounds & Graphics > Graphics)

Some basic exploration into this shows that simply adding visibility: hidden; to the style for the wwMist class based on the setting of an option switch would be sufficient for this feature.

• Hi guys, a quick fix until they implement this feature. if you happen to be using ublock-origin you can do the following

open the dashboard, go to my filters tab, and add this line

*worldWonderMist.png$domain=kingdoms.com,image

it will prevent the mist from loading on the game map.

• Hi guys, a quick fix until they implement this feature. if you happen to be using ublock-origin you can do the following

open the dashboard, go to my filters tab, and add this line

*worldWonderMist.png$domain=kingdoms.com,image

it will prevent the mist from loading on the game map.

Just a small reminder, that it's technically forbidden to modify the game's appearance in any way, as you may only play using a unmodified browser (and ublock origin being a modification). I doubt it will be an issue, but I figured letting you know won't hurt.

• Just a small reminder, that it's technically forbidden to modify the game's appearance in any way, as you may only play using a unmodified browser (and ublock origin being a modification). I doubt it will be an issue, but I figured letting you know won't hurt.

I think you are misinterpreting this rule. I think the rule refers to modifications to give you an unfair advantage to the game. not unrelated addons for general internet usability or cosmetic things.

An unmodified browser being a browser with no add-ons at all? Every player is breaking that rule. This would mean no adblockers, no youtube extensions, no amazon plugin, no security adons. Most antivirus softwares (like norton) come with browser addons now for protection. A user would not be able to use Color Enhancer addon from the chrome store which automatically adjusts colors on the screen for color blind people.

No addons at all does not make any sense.

• I think you are misinterpreting this rule. I think the rule refers to modifications to give you an unfair advantage to the game. not unrelated addons for general internet usability or cosmetic things.

I am not, UI modifications are technically forbidden, I just doubt, that they actually enforce the rule in case of such little QoL-improvements, that are basically bugfixes, because as you say, there is no point in doing so. I just wanted to point it out, it's better to decide it knowingly, that unknowingly. Personally, I don't see a problem in that either btw. Again, just pointing out what the official rules technically say.

An unmodified browser being a browser with no add-ons at all? Every player is breaking that rule. This would mean no adblockers, no youtube extensions, no amazon plugin, no security adons. Most antivirus softwares (like norton) come with browser addons now for protection. A user would not be able to use Color Enhancer addon from the chrome store which automatically adjusts colors on the screen for color blind people.

Yes, I am aware. Based on statements and comments from the staff in Travian: Legends, they won't enforce the rules if the modifications don't "specifically" modify the game or the game's appearance, so you can safely use Add-Ons, that are unrelated to Travian (or such things like Add-Ons for the colorblind).

§3 of the gamerules literally says: "Travian Kingdoms must be played using the official Travian Kingdoms app or an unmodified, conventional browser."

• Hi guys :)

as be2-e4 explained, modifying the UI even if only to remove the mist would be against the game rules. But worry not - we hear you :)
    The ability to toggle the mist on/off is a recurring wish. It's purpose is mainly to serve as an indicator for where you cannot menhir to.
    We are going to think about a turn off feature but what would be your favorite way to still indicate that this area is only for settlers?

Best regards
    Georgi

• We are going to think about a turn off feature but what would be your favorite way to still indicate that this area is only for settlers?

simply lighter or darker green fields. or a unique color border. something that wont use any gpu activity as the mist does.

make it an option just as you allow reduced animation effects. if this feature is on, the mist is gone :-)

• Hi guys :)

as be2-e4 explained, modifying the UI even if only to remove the mist would be against the game rules. But worry not - we hear you :)
    The ability to toggle the mist on/off is a recurring wish. It's purpose is mainly to serve as an indicator for where you cannot menhir to.
    We are going to think about a turn off feature but what would be your favorite way to still indicate that this area is only for settlers?

Best regards
    Georgi

I hope this full feature request answers all of your questions.

Name

remove world wonder mist

Problem

In the last update there was a mist graphic added around the WW to indicate this area cannot be menhir to. While we (the players) like the restriction that it is no longer possible to menhir next to the WW, we are unhappy with the new mist graphic that has been added to the game map. A lot of us find it annoying and/or visually displeasing.

Requested solution

We would like an option "remove world wonder mist" added to the game graphic settings (Settings > Sounds & Graphics > Graphics) which would toggle the WW mist graphics. Ideally this would be placed underneath the option to reduce game animations.

How would this work

When "remove world wonder mist" is toggled ON the mist graphics on the map view, resource view, and village view should all be hidden.

When "remove world wonder mist" is toggled OFF the mist graphics should be visible again.

By default this option should be OFF and the mist graphics should be visible.

Manual changes to make to achieve the desired results (to help the game devs understand what i am trying to describe)

To achieve the visual results of what i described the "remove world wonder mist" setting should do, you can manually do the following things

In the village and resource views, the difference for villages in the WW mist area is that in their view divs they have the additional "Misty" class attribute. removing the misty class attribute gets rid of the visual mist. visually this is the desired result.

In the map view, there are map overlay markers that are class="wwMist". adding the visibility:hidden or completely removing those nodes from the DOM seemed to produce the desired results. However, even with those markers removed when you move the mouse over those areas they still highlighted. Ideally the "remove world wonder mist" feature would also remove this highlighted box.

Why is this being requested

Those of us that want to turn this option ON and hide the WW mist graphics are doing it because we understand the menhir rules and do not feel that we need to be reminded that this area cannot be menhired to all server. To answer your question above, we do not want another indicator. The point of this option would be to hide the mist indicator, not replace it with a new one. If we would like the indicator back, we can simply turn the option to OFF and the mist will be visible again.

Some personal thoughts

When i first read the rule changes i could not accurately picture in my mind just how big this area was. When i loaded into the game and looked at the map on the next server i started, i thought "oh ok, no one can menhir in that area, that is a good change". But after a few weeks into the game when i started to plan settling around the WW with my kingdom, the mist was still there. I asked someone in my kingdom when it will go away and they told me it stays all server. This is what i found annoying. It was a good visual until i settled my second village. After this point i wanted it to go away.

• Hi again and thank you for your feedback!

Cerebore thank you for the detailed request. We understand your wish and the reasoning behind it but we would need another indicator that this area is only to be settled for when the mist is turned off, do you have any ideas on what indicator would be best?

Please keep the ideas coming :)

Kind regards

Georgi

• Why not simply in the options menu? Now we can choose to show kingdom tags/croppers/capital/... An extra option here to hide the mist. So mist is visible once you start a server, and you have to manually disable it.

• Hi again and thank you for your feedback!

Cerebore thank you for the detailed request. We understand your wish and the reasoning behind it but we would need another indicator that this area is only to be settled for when the mist is turned off, do you have any ideas on what indicator would be best?

Please keep the ideas coming :)

Kind regards

Georgi

Mist can be on the map, you do not need it in the village screens.

• Mist can be on the map, you do not need it in the village screens.

Hey Renuo, thanks for joining in. It seems to me that the majority wish that it's gone from the map as well so we need something else in it's place to serve as a visual indicator on the map. Any ideas?

Kind regards

• Hey Renuo, thanks for joining in. It seems to me that the majority wish that it's gone from the map as well so we need something else in it's place to serve as a visual indicator on the map. Any ideas?

Kind regards

Well I was the first response so I guess I already joined in.

Draw a white line on the map around the edge? Slightly highlight the area when you hover over it?

(Obligatory: you have much more serious issues than this)

• I'll add those to the list, thank you :)
    And yes, there probably are other, more serious issues than that but this topic is about the mist and we have to start somewhere so let's discuss the matter at hand here :)

• I'll add those to the list, thank you :)
    And yes, there probably are other, more serious issues than that but this topic is about the mist and we have to start somewhere so let's discuss the matter at hand here :)

If you insist that an indicator MUST be there regardless if images are there or not. Renuo's suggestion of a white box outline is good. additionally, keeping the highlight when you hover over the area means that only the wwMist map markers need to be removed. the highlight code does not so this makes the change easier.

• Hey Renuo, thanks for joining in. It seems to me that the majority wish that it's gone from the map as well so we need something else in it's place to serve as a visual indicator on the map. Any ideas?

Kind regards

I black and white checkered line around the area's border. It will look gross but should stand out against any and all map markers that are placed.
    Alternatively the only person that NEEDS to see the area is the king (or vice-king if he can also menhir). I'd even recommend you remove markers for everyone except this most important individual.

People may complain and be confused. But most people listen readily to advice given and they can always turn the mist back on to see the zone. Though for these people the mist serves no functional purpose as they can't menhir themselves.

• I black and white checkered line around the area's border. It will look gross but should stand out against any and all map markers that are placed.
    Alternatively the only person that NEEDS to see the area is the king (or vice-king if he can also menhir). I'd even recommend you remove markers for everyone except this most important individual.

People may complain and be confused. But most people listen readily to advice given and they can always turn the mist back on to see the zone. Though for these people the mist serves no functional purpose as they can't menhir themselves.

the more complicated a feature request. the less likely it will be implemented. this is why although something more complicated to solve this might be better, we would like to keep it simple