Why do servers never start on weekends?

• Hi there martiy#EN(1)

part of the reason is that we want to ensure we can react asap and with full manpower should anything go wrong or the server load is exceptionally high. Our main priority is smooth experience and reliable service, which is why the game worlds are usually starting during the workweek. Hope this helps!

Kind regards
    Georgi

• Georgi have you guys ever considered the enormous pool of people out there who cannot play a computer game at 2pm on a Tuesday? You are missing out on an entire market of players. The insane influx of new players that would sign up and buy gold if you started on a weekend should give you guys plenty of money to temporarily at least hire people to monitor the servers for opening weekend days.

What you guys are doing now is the equivalent of running a pub, but closing it on Friday nights when it would be the most busy.

It is just mind blowing.

• Hey again,

we do understand not everybody has the opportunity to start right away at 2 pm on Tuesday but this is not a necessity in order to be able to win or climb up the rankings quickly. I intentionally start about 12-24 hours late, or sometimes even days after the game world had already begun, as the regions further away from the center usually have easier access to farms and croppers :)
    Everyone has a different playstyle and if yours demands that you start as soon as possible on a game world you can try to find a dual/sitter, that should help :)

Best regards
    Georgi

• It's not just about the 2pm start. The entire first 48 hours are critical, as most people get their second villages and 9c/15cs by that time. Instead of designing that to happen on weekends, its in the middle of a workweek. You have confined your loyal player base to be the same <5% of the population that are able to do this during the middle of a workweek.

• should anything go wrong or the server load is exceptionally high.

past year every server start feels like you guys are using potatoes as hosting servers cause lag is real in first 2-5h and it doest help that ppl have to F5 every time they want to do something which loads potato servers even more.

• past year every server start feels like you guys are using potatoes as hosting servers cause lag is real in first 2-5h and it doest help that ppl have to F5 every time they want to do something which loads potato servers even more.

All server long you mean, F5 is literally the most used key on the keyboard

• Yeah, and more than half of the people who have to get these precious croppers ASAP end up inactive or delete because rushing for croppers make them go out of BP with 5 troops. Because I am almost certain OP's post is about croppers right? World map will almost always expand after some time and it will reveal new croppers for people to settle. Starting servers on weekends wouldn't bring more players and wouldn't bring more gold for the company. It's not a weekend long game, it's a few months of 24/7 round.

• Yeah, and more than half of the people who have to get these precious croppers ASAP end up inactive or delete because rushing for croppers make them go out of BP with 5 troops.

lol wtf

Yeah, and more than half of the people who have to get these precious croppers ASAP end up inactive or delete because rushing for croppers make them go out of BP with 5 troops.

Anyone who is experienced enough to get a 15cropper in under 24 hours from inception of the server is not 'going inactive or deleting' because they went out of ''BP with 5 troops'. Are you brand new to this game?

• Did you open this thread to tell devs how to get more players or to complain on how it is difficult for you to start new server in the middle of the work week. Because I am sure that you mentioned croppers rush for no reason at all :)

And BTW, you have a really nice prestige rank there. You are so experienced that you have to start a server on the weekend to have a successful round. lol

• Did you open this thread to tell devs how to get more players or to complain on how it is difficult for you to start new server in the middle of the work week. Because I am sure that you mentioned croppers rush for no reason at all :)

And BTW, you have a really nice prestige rank there. You are so experienced that you have to start a server on the weekend to have a successful round. lol

Is my prestige rank enough? Everybody can't play during work to get good start/cropper and I'd prefer weekend starts too

• Is my prestige rank enough? Everybody can't play during work to get good start/cropper and I'd prefer weekend starts too

Me too. But when server crashes it would stay down until monday. OP for some reason suggested that I am new to this game, because I don't understand his complaints about how not being able to be online in the exact moment the server starts makes him lose in the "critical" hours of the server, and he has literally rank 0, that's why I wanted to point that out. And Mayo summarised the entire thing very well.

• Me too. But when server crashes it would stay down until monday. OP for some reason suggested that I am new to this game, because I don't understand his complaints about how not being able to be online in the exact moment the server starts makes him lose in the "critical" hours of the server, and he has literally rank 0, that's why I wanted to point that out. And Mayo summarised the entire thing very well.

Yes i am literally a rank 0 I have never played this game before. Yesterday was the first day I found this game and immediately within the first 5 minutes of making an account I decided to make a thread in the forums and ask why servers always start on Tuesdays and how 15cs get taken in the first day. Then I went back and finished the tutorial and learned what a gaul is.

• Hey guys,

just a short update and some more reasoning behind the decision to start game worlds at the same time, during the workweek:
    Having all game rounds start on the same weekday at the same time makes it easier to remember the date and time. For example if you heard or saw that next COM3 round will be starting sometime next week but don't remember exactly when, you don't have to wonder about it or recheck. It's always on Tuesday at 2 pm

The performance of the game world starts was improved and optimized within the last year, as well as the performance of the game in general. For example, we did a couple of quick maintenances this year in April on several COM rounds and since then all new game rounds starts were much less problematic. The most important point, though, is: We are closely monitoring game world starts. That doesn't just include the first hour, but the first days and the best way to do that is with the current setup.

This concludes why we will keep the Tuesdays, 2:00 pm CEST/CET timing for game round starts.Thank you for starting this discussion and giving us the opportunity to be more transparent with you all.

Kind regards