Menhir system

• Vac mode changes look good.

Menhir needs some tweaking. During the last comx a group of nearly 80 people relocated to us at week 2/3, this shouldn't be the purpose of the mechanic. So a easy fix should be to disable menhir after a certain amount of server days. 3 or 5 perhaps.

• Vac mode changes look good.

Menhir needs some tweaking. During the last comx a group of nearly 80 people relocated to us at week 2/3, this shouldn't be the purpose of the mechanic. So a easy fix should be to disable menhir after a certain amount of server days. 3 or 5 perhaps.

Relocated and what? Why do you call it "abuse"?
    You should be mega strong at week 2-3 and cata them quickly.
    I do not see abuse in this.

• Relocated and what? Why do you call it "abuse"?
    You should be mega strong at week 2-3 and cata them quickly.
    I do not see abuse in this.

We were busy with 2 other kingdoms and Sharley jumped over with 80 people on another side.

And did i mention 40 people did have no/low prestige?

Menhir has the purpose to bring players who play together early game towards eachother.

Jumping with over 80 people shouldn't be possible.

Your 'mega strong' argument is kinda weak, because you have no clue what the situation was, lol.

And yes, they did posses armies that were being fed by the same multies.

If your remove relocation after a certain day, it removes the option to build a army on a safe place by farming some "friends" and then jump on people.

• Hi everyone :)

thank you for feedback!

Please understand that it's not a feasible solution to disable the menhir feature as there are too many disadvantages to that.
    Additionally, there were already a lot of changes done last time(Changelog: v.0.95: Relocation Overhaul – Part II – The Menhir Era 2.0) after the disscusion we had here:

As we have explained in the discussion linked above all of your suggestions were discussed, including the time limitations. The most promising one was the suggestion to bind the menhir feature to the avatar age. That means starting to count when the player is joining a game round and then, after time X, disabling the feature for this player.

As you know, we have as less limitations as possible in Travian Kingdoms in order to keep the game open for as many strategies and game styles as possible. On the other hand, limitations can also create new problems or so many edge cases, that, at the end, the exceptions are becoming the new norm. Not just explaining, but also playing under these conditions, is hard.

Best regards

• I think jak's point is that Menhir abuse means multiaccounts are created to menhir the cheater at

1 field range rinse repeat, gaining unfair advantage in the first weeks. There are mentions of farming 800k res in the first week in a couple days abusing this mechanic. It's enough to wipe all the players around you.The problem with menhir abuse, the one benefitting for the menhir abuse for free resources is never getting banned for it. Generally MH in kingdom only bans the accounts that do not play for the benefit of their own, but the joke is that these accounts are only menhir'ed to end up being a gray village for the purpose of an permanent early game boost by making players be weeks ahead of others.

As you know, we have as less limitations as possible in Travian Kingdoms in order to keep the game open for as many strategies and game styles as possible.

Eh, you kind of manipulated the motto of travian legends. Keep the game simple to open it for as many strategies and game styles by avoiding limitations. Travian kingdoms has made the game more way more complicated than travian legends, which makes it easier to exploit it. I think you should know this best, I've heard stories of not so long ago that you could steal victory points from governors by putting a spy in someone's else kingdom et cetera for only later to put a limitation that victory points can be only stolen from dukes/kings. The game has already so many limitation put in to prevent exploits/abuse, because kingdoms diverted from simplicity.

Ah well it's not that menhir is bad, it's just gaining popularity among cheaters/normal players that see the benefits of using menhir to allocate farms in the beginning. Doesn't have to be a multiaccount just a player that isn't planning to play a the server to create an account and menhir immediately and never log in again. It's really getting common to the point that I've even got discord messages to do it for other people (which I didn't end up doing for different reasons).

6vliw8y.png

I"m just enjoying my com4 server, since travian tournament finals hasn't started (already secured a ticket for finals).

• I think jak's point is that Menhir abuse means multiaccounts are created to menhir the cheater at

1 field range rinse repeat, gaining unfair advantage in the first weeks. There are mentions of farming 800k res in the first week in a couple days abusing this mechanic. It's enough to wipe all the players around you.The problem with menhir abuse, the one benefitting for the menhir abuse for free resources is never getting banned for it. Generally MH in kingdom only bans the accounts that do not play for the benefit of their own, but the joke is that these accounts are only menhir'ed to end up being a gray village for the purpose of an permanent early game boost by making players be weeks ahead of others.

exactly this yes

Imagine an experienced premade kingdom starting a server and using this tactic for the whole of startup

farming hundreds or thousands of resources, pushing it all into early game troops

and then totally removing newly formed kingdoms from the game at day 35

(sound familiar?)

I mean I know it's a wargame, but how is this healthy for TK?

The idea around menhir was great, The real abuse ithat is happening s unbelievable

something needs to happen to make those res package resources not farmable

• Not 80.

60 players and 90% of this accounts was real players (near 10% multi). We used multi for relocate 3 kings. They activated treasury and gave stones to others players.I want but I can't play for 80 accounts. I have only 2 hands :D

We can destroy any kingdom. Because our target was not win on server but destroy and break game any team. We tested some things.

As I see. Most of teams in travian use tactic.

1) Start server

2) Move team to one of the WW

3) Build army of all server's time and in the end attack enemy's WW.

Brilliant and very very interesting tactic...

I think THIS need fix. It's not game. Do you like play in simcity? Go in Simcity and play.

We fight against this. Game must be more dynamic and interesting.

I think menhir the worst idea. It's broke the game and make it boring

• Something we agree on, menhir is broken and boring.

80? On the russian forum you keep saying that 'nobody spends as much time managing multies like you do'.

That round wasnt boring for us as we got pinned from 2 sides, 3 when you guys landed.

I know you can write anything on the forums you want, but the fact you can just keep admitting to use multies is beyond insane.

3) Build army of all server's time and in the end attack enemy's WW.

So what does Unreal normally do? Build def all servers time and wait till def ww, right?

Playing aggressively in this game isnt rewarded in any way and that's a shame.

• Look for GT history and look what Unreal do and what not. If you want.

Last test x3 we had boring game. There weren't enemies for us. Because of this I made a topic on forum for 22 september and ask any strong teams come to.

As you see we don't hide from anybody and play 2-3 times a year. Every server I write that we are coming. And everybody can come too.

BUT ONE MOMENT. I'm leader of Unreal. But it's not mean that every server where I play is Unreal team. I can have fun as others players.

• BUT ONE MOMENT. I'm leader of Unreal. But it's not mean that every server where I play is Unreal team. I can have fun as others players.

Yep, this.

Some of our players last comx were also spread to AutoBots and people seem to think that because of that AutoBots was automatically DOOM, which wasn't the case at all.

• Yep, this.

Some of our players last comx were also spread to AutoBots and people seem to think that because of that AutoBots was automatically DOOM, which wasn't the case at all.

We chose Autobots randomly but now I think we must chose MIT for target (they liars).

May be I will find they on other servers)

• Maybe time to start throwing ideas into this thread

I had a thought about a possible fix to help stop menhir abuse

it used to be that when a village dropped back below 200 pop you would go back into "Beginner's protection"

I think it was changed because players were using it to stop themselves being farmed?

but maybe that needs reinstating as the menhir abuse is a much bigger problem than waiting a week for a farm, if you went back into BP after relocating, you would need to spend your res getting back to 200 pop before you were able to be farmed,

(you could also add in some kind of countdown too to stop someone waiting & saving the res packages until they were out of BP days)

This then would mean a lot of the res from relocation would be reinvested into the account to either get to 200 pop or stop your account losing the packages via the countdown,

a genuine player/account would reinvest this anyway, so a change like this would not affect them.

• I agree.

A countdown would indeed help too: maybe no farming for the first x days?

Or, if an account is attacked more than x times as soon as BP ends, BP for that account could be reinstated and extended to 250 pop. It would make multi farming more time consuming.

Another idea would be to mark accounts as inactive if they are not gaining in pop and if they are attacked for more than x times (with no casualties) by the same player within a timeframe.

• People on the new x3 have menhired 6/7 times within a week. I'm sure this is the aim for menhir.

What is better then to menhir to a multi kingdom, farm them, and menhir somewhere else and repeat.

Doing this it with 5k troops in week 2 with a couple of friends right on the edge of a kingdom. Then unleash 15k troops on htat kingdom and then disapear over night leaving only the dominant army (probably the owner of all accounts involved) Now that is fun