Double storage

• The x2 storage function that was incorporated in this new test x5 server is in my opinion somewhat unnecessary, even contradictory if you want to preserve the x5 speed ratio.

We have all enjoyed it on this server, and we thank the developers for putting the community's suggestions into action, but the game is more interesting when you have to sacrifice construction slots to build more warehouses or granarys.

I really think that this x2 storage feature doesn't help at all, it even makes players lazier, decreases the strategy on which buildings to build and which to demolish.

:thumbsup:

• in my opinion, on the x5 server, increasing the capacity was the right concept

My servers:

PL4.2 = win, PL3.3 = win, PL5.3 = 2 place, COM1.6 = 2 place, COM3.7 = 2 place, PL1.5 = win, COM3.9 = win, COM2x3 = WIN, COM4 = WIN. Next? :P Autumn 2021 :)

• but the game is more interesting when you have to sacrifice construction slots to build more warehouses or granarys.

Yeah its ok but if you build great barack and great stable, drinking trough or brewery now it's getting little bit "crowded" and if you combine that with treasury, well... having extra 2 slots will not help you.

• Double storage is great, but we need more merchant capacity

Disagree with that, we should not make the game too easy. The thing with double storage is that it allows for a normal sleep, which i think is great as it is just a game.

Making the merchant cap too big however would make it way to easy to get a hammer to run 24/7 from early on, so we would see a lot more maxed out hammers on the server and it is not longer something you have to work hard for. That is just my humble opinion though.

• Disagree with that, we should not make the game too easy. The thing with double storage is that it allows for a normal sleep, which i think is great as it is just a game.

Making the merchant cap too big however would make it way to easy to get a hammer to run 24/7 from early on, so we would see a lot more maxed out hammers on the server and it is not longer something you have to work hard for. That is just my humble opinion though.

Well, its x5, double storage is great considering the speed, but maybe double merchant load. For romans 1000 instead of 833

• The point of a speed x5 is that everything that happens in a normal speed world happens in a fifth of its time.

If they start to implement features like double storage, you alter that time ratio.

Players who support double storage are those who want to sleep 8 hours at night, not have a sitter ... they don't want to be attacked and get a medal every 30 days for doing nothing.

It is ridiculous to support double storage on the grounds that they can sleep 8 hours without the warehouses filling up.

• I agree that you could cover the night using sitters, so for me it would be perfectly doable, but when you are new to the game it doesn't really invite people to join the server. So only premade teams will actively play the server, as new players without premade sitters will never be able to catch up. Don't think that is a good thing.

• Players who support double storage are those who want to sleep 8 hours at night, not have a sitter ... they don't want to be attacked and get a medal every 30 days for doing nothing.

Sure, but then don't cry that Travian is playing less and less. Hope u will be happy when u will play game with another 1000 people which half of them have BOTs. Not everyone wants to be there 24/7 or play with 5 people like u. Btw this exactly is the reason why I play only TEST or regional servers, because on COMs there are always tryhards 24/7 online with 50k gold spend per round which make no fun for normal people...

• Sure, but then don't cry that Travian is playing less and less. Hope u will be happy when u will play game with another 1000 people which half of them have BOTs. Not everyone wants to be there 24/7 or play with 5 people like u. Btw this exactly is the reason why I play only TEST or regional servers, because on COMs there are always tryhards 24/7 online with 50k gold spend per round which make no fun for normal people...

In this post I am only referring to the double storage feature.

But, you're right. Nobody likes to face Tryhard players who never sleep. That is why the developers implemented the servers with a night truce :)

• For me? double storage is a way to go, to make the play easier, I get the point here that we are losing that x5 server feel, because something is not x5 but x2. Well you can just image what a pain would it be to train larger amounts of troops at once, I guess the only possible way of playing that server without x2 storage would be making just storage village with nothing but market place, trade office and everything else would be just warehouses and granaries. It is clear that accs, that are active 24/7 will never have this problem, but players like me, who just doesn't trust random people with their one month work, welcomed double storage as a great thing how they can actually get some good sleep (not like that helped much... most of the time I still did not slept the for more then 4 hours tbh). But yea, Imagine defending a village without double granary space, feeding 1 milion deficit (or higher deficits) of crop per hour with 100k granary, because you can't fit more buildings. That just sounds crazy...