Reinforcing grey villages

• Lessen strategies to make players more comfortable is like removing the Queens in playing chess.

This process is like removing something to bother about, or, somebody is able to make use of this and some can not or will not. Like full-offensive players do not appreciate it like defensive players because they never train defensive troops at all.

And I assume those saying 'Yes' are indeed not playing defensive, and wants to remove an obstacle which is defensive player's advantage.

Removing a feature like this makes it less fun or turning into boring.

• It's typically same as attacking active village and you cannot see who're those reinforcing it.

yeah but if you remove Queen from the board you do it for both sides, now this is looks like "defender" got one and the person who raid don't because no one will find out who did this

"the defenders Queen"

The fairness of this strategic challenge comes from gains "Attackers gets resource loots. Defenders saves crops."

and burdens to both offensive and defensive plays.

For being defenders of grey village, truth are:

1) defense will never know attacker's number due rally point information cannot be obtained;

2) cannot spike to max due crop and granary information cannot be obtained unless experimented, same as;

3) will lose troops altogether with another player unaware of reinforcing an already reinforced grey village;

4) may be spied on and be wiped out off-guard (something practical)

5) good reinforcing will surely ask crops timely and will increment in time, now not entirely saving crops.

Having information is an advantage leading to make smart moves.

Taken a village is not of any kingdom, the usual is nobody knows that village would turn grey, nor when.
    In this matter, offensive players is in a better position, smelling village details due attacking previously, and may have presumptions player is to delete. Attacker is already prepared to send successful attacks when it becomes reinforced, or, may intend to reinforce it themselves.

This is also supposed to be a leverage to snowballing effects as player/s always getting successful farms.
    Thus, removing this feature is entirely feeding a greed.

This featured challenge obliges both offensive and defensive plays to take it seriously. Not knowing info is plain ignorance.

Yet, mastering the advantages of grey villages, formulating villages into grey, and make use of such scheduled for future use is full mental

• Removing the ability to stack Inactives with defense is like removing the Siege option for Offensive players who attack Oases. You are overcompensating for a player's weakness.

Yes, I said weakness. Travian is not a game of player vs. computer strategy. You are playing against real humans, and humans are freakishly creative.

How do you get someone to stop doing something that bothers you? Do you go to your teacher, your parent, the police, your politicians? No, you either find a way to avoid that person or you find a way to talk to them in a manner that will get them to stop.

Travian is a game of player vs. player strategy. MOST of the time, player vs. player strategy is more about how you interact with other players, less about game mechanics.

Travian Kingdoms seems to force players into Kingdoms very quickly and through endgame. Work through the large Kingdoms' leadership structure. Use politics to arrange truces on these types of activities. The odds are they want this as much as you do. Build a common bridge between the Kingdoms. It's called Diplomacy. It may very well serve you throughout the course of your game's round with many other unintended beneficial returns.

On a side note - players are generally lazy. They won't reinforce inactives across the map. Only a small percentage of players even farm the whole map. Therefore, if you are looking for the spiking player, often times it's a local to that village that is frustrated that they aren't getting free reign to the resources as they believe they have rights to it because it's nearby...or maybe they helped build it as a sitter. Point is, you don't usually have to guess too hard to figure out these things.

If there are mass spikings on inactive, that's usually a Kingdom vs. Kingdom battle moving into a new battlefield. Those happen and you just have to roll with the punches. Much like you do when the oasis wars take place.

BUT - nerfing the game because you don't want to dive into deeper gameplay and instead just want to click a farmlist and watch the FREE resources come back every single time, that's greed. Instead of trying to keep your farming record perfect, focus on what your return on investment has been on the troops you are farming with. When you actually do that math, you will find out you are shockingly further ahead than you realized and it will lessen the blow from the lost troops.

• Well sure spiking is annoying when you are an active farmer. But its part of the game.

Its a war game not hayday. People will do everything within their power to bug their enemies and make life more difficult for them.

In modernday warfare its something, landmines etc. Back then it where holes in the ground covered with leaves and filled with deathly stuff. If you are active enough to lose plenty of units on those spiked villages you should also be active enough to keep your farmlists up to date and remove the spiked villages first thing when you see a red report. Make a sport out of it and sweep those spiked villages, use it to your benefit.

And now all please stop whining about it and if you don't want to compete in a war game download candy crush and move along.

Ps. I would actually love the idea of the showing name of reinforcers in gray villages. Will give a nice aspect to the game where spikers will be hunted. I would love to track them down and take it into a real fight. Happy Hunting gaul-idea)

Pss. Whining about losing more units then you produce? Just don't farm with your hammer. Easy as that. Make farmvillages that supply your hammer with ress so you can continue building in there unharmed.

Some things are better left unsaid.

Which I generally realize right after I have said them.

Edited once, last by Mycro#EN ().

• How do you get someone to stop doing something that bothers you? Do you go to your teacher, your parent, the police, your politicians? No, you either find a way to avoid that person or you find a way to talk to them in a manner that will get them to stop.

On a side note - players are generally lazy. They won't reinforce inactives across the map. Only a small percentage of players even farm the whole map. Therefore, if you are looking for the spiking player, often times it's a local to that village that is frustrated that they aren't getting free reign to the resources as they believe they have rights to it because it's nearby...or maybe they helped build it as a sitter. Point is, you don't usually have to guess too hard to figure out these things.

Now i can't do anything because there is no way to find out who did this and it's not always someone who is closest, even if it is its always end up that every copy them and do the same in revenge.

• DONT TURN IT OFF!!!

I deffed MY farms ten years ago when there was no grey and i will do it every time some other greedy guy comes and thinks he can break into my farmland..

its defending MY ressources from greedy people... cuz only greedy guy around should be me... u want to find out who defs? wait some days and do the same to see how attacks.. probably he was deffing u...

this is Travian.. its a f****ing war game... if u wanna play sim city go and play sim city.. but dont forget to turn of the disasters!!!!

• There is no advantage at all for people who are spiking greys, not even def points. Its just to annoy people who put a lot of efford in the game. And not just efford, people who farm a lot also use a lot of gold ;-) Saw at least 4 or 5 topics in Forum where people complained about that subject. Like 99% are annoyed by it, 1% (mostly people who dont know how to play the game) think its is necessary that you can reinforce grays. So my sentence from the beginning again: What is the advantage for people who spike? NONE

• ok again just for you... i luv having my farms for myself.. there are two options for this:

Number One: High frequenty farming... benefits: u get most of the ressources... but u need lots of troops and its a god damn time intensive.. and normally people dont check if there farming is productive or not so they wont stop farming them even if they get almost no ressources out of it

Number Two: DEFEND your farms... benefits: will stop other people from getting ur ressources normally (except they think like me ;) )...

back in the days i deffed almost all of my farms and took my def out when i will come to farm.. quite lot of organising required and time.. but i dont give a f***.. this is my land and i will defend it... and there was no grey villages back then... sometimes i even deffed ppl that were playing...

yes i am new to this version of the game.. but u can believe me i am not nooby... if u think so u can.. but u next to me and u would stop soon..

and ur argument of farming ppl spending more gold is shit... so we gonna make this game as much comfortable as possible for ppl that spend money on the game... or do we wanna make this game a challenge for all ppl? think about it!

• Wow, do you think i will completely stop farming greys when they got spiked? I just wait for the spike to end and then farm again. Btw if you spike grey farms, you reduce the amount you and everybody else would get, you think that is smart? I dont think so. And yes my argument that farming people spend more gold in the game is true. Because when you farm a lot like i do, you usually have a decent hammer that needs to be fed at some point. Played def without farming one server, spent like 70% less gold if i would farm.

• Oh and the argument that you get more ress out of that is just pure bullshit. Why you would ask me? Simple as it is: You loose probably troops by spiking, also maybe due to starvation since you dont know how high the crop production of the village is. Plus you risk it that your hero and troops are killed by people who sent whole hammers on spiked villages to kill the troops. Now again, tell me, what is your advantage of spiking?

• calling me a noob and u r not able to send two attacks short after each other to calculate the crop production.. also its possible to send crops there.. takes a lil bit of effort but u can do if u want...

discussion ended for me... i brought my points on and i see u r not able to discuss... u r just like "oh u r nooby if u play the game like that"..

dont think so but hope we will start some day a game next to each other...

and no i dont think i can stop everybody from farming by spiking my favourite farms.. if u wanna take up the fight.. do it.. but then dont go to the forums and whine about it... u can fight or u can whine.. but telling me after whining that u will fight is a lil bit akward

• Well Sissox#DE I've seen you as player and I know you know how to play. But that doesn't take away the fact that spiking can be used to waste an enemies time? Sure the risk of spiking is present as an off player I get annoyed by it alot. The way Keule#DE(6) is presenting his motivation of spiking is to get more ress out of it by himself is bullshit and your motivation on that is solid.

But on the other hand by spiking you reduce the ammount of raiding units of an enemy. Make them waste time by sending a complete hammer to sweep it. Keep them busy updating their farmlists etc. Besides it can piss people off aswell and make them do stupid shit.

Please don't tell me that this game isn't a time based thing? Where you produce X units/hour, where you run an efficient farmlists in x attacks/ min etc etc.

The gold a active raider spends sure is higher than a deff player in most cases. So if you don't have the money to feed a decent hammer play deff. Simple as that.

And to be clear. I don't support and motivate people to spike! Freaking annoying but taking it away till take away another tool for players to spice things up. Servers are death enough already lately.

Some things are better left unsaid.

Which I generally realize right after I have said them.

Edited once, last by Mycro#EN ().