COM3 Politics/Rumours/Gossip

• Almost the first cease fire. Attacks have landed, some succeeded and some failed :p Tomorrow it's day 30 and kingdoms will gain colour :D I've been having fun so far and I'm looking forward to the next 110+- days.

May the odds be ever in my favor

Pinnie

When The Unit stands, we stand united!

• “All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.”

Niccolo Machiavelli

When The Unit stands, we stand united!

• Dear Travaddicts

As I understand it we should either play fair and let another competitor steal easy treasures from a kingdom who has become unable to defend itself and let that competitor build his army in peace so they could use it later against us while we fight a war against a tirth competitor

OR

Play dirty and help a kingdom that is unable to defend itself and by doing so, give us some better odds in the game.

What would any good king (yesyes that bribes people) do...

"The right of self-defense (also called, when it applies to the defense of another, alter ego defense, defense of others, defense of a third person) is the right for people to use reasonable force or defensive force, for the purpose of defending one's own life (self-defense) or the lives of others, including –in certain circumstances– the use of deadly force" Source: Wikipedia

But neglect that and publicly discredit** a player who happens to be a good king that makes decisions for his kingdom and his own best interest to help his governors to a fighting chance for victory. Cause all I see is that he happend to collect a good premade team that made a perfect start and formed a kingdom that connects perfectly on the map as on communications.

“The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.”

Bette Midler

Your friendly neighborhood defender

Pinnie Smalls

** I stand corrected

• Well for success you need to have achieved something and to me it seems Unit struggles already at that point. So no need to worry about reception. xD
    Also since this thread is about rumors I heard that Unit is divided on this server aswell. :p

• Yesterday, your king complained that I lacked ethics because I sent a small amount of defense to the Russian kingdom Nervous. We only did it because your kingdom sent defense to Wilki. He said that my move was not ethical, yet he bribes people? Who is he to discuss ethics here? I was NEVER going to post that on the forum, and frankly I cannot believe you did. I shared screenshots of my conversation with him only with trusted people.

You know, in com6 I played as a gov in Morphy's kingdom. I felt like I was a valued gov the entire time. I didn't always agree with his choices, but I respected the guy, and he made me feel valued. Then the Russians start making accusations that he paid people with real money, and I refused to believe. Even people in Morphy's kingdom said the same, but still I did not believe that Morphy bribed people with real money, or even with gold. I liked him then, and frankly still like him now, even after he spent time on discord insulting me for doing largely the same thing that he did to me.

However, as far as ethics goes, bribing people is simply unethical. I will not share my screen shot of the conversation with Morphy here, but I guess there is no need - you admitted as much.

You want to discuss defending other kingdoms? Sure! Let's do it! Wilki is full of nice players, many of whom I like quite a bit. They're 86 players, and are not 'small'. You have sent defense to them at least 2 times. Great! That's part of the game, and it's good diplomacy, and perhaps wise strategically.

I'm certain you're aware of the huge Russian meta in the center of the map. Everyone in com3 is. Katana and I had a verbal agreement. Once Wilki was finished, we would move against the Russian meta, as would the unit. As soon as you guys started defending Wilki, we realized that agreement was gone, and we had been, in a small way, betrayed. So, what do you expect us to do? Help you after that!? Please, do not speak to me about game ethics. Had you guys not sent def to Wilki, we would have moved on the Russians and they would have deleted and been prepping for com7. The state of the server, and at least 2 large metas against the unit is not our fault. The blame lies squarely on your shoulders (not you, but your leadership).

Does this mean we are friends on the Russians the entire server? No, it does not. Frankly, I assumed we'd be friendly with the unit until WWs were under siege, and NEVER expected them to defend Wilki once, let alone multiple times. I also never expected to be called unethical for pretty much doing the same thing that was done to me. The difference is that the Russians are more than Wilki, but that seems like semantics. The UNIT defends Wilki and believes it's an act of fairplay, but when we do it, suddenly we're unethical. You have no idea how much joy that comment brought us on discord :D

I play the game for entertainment, and it's surely delivering in com3. Much appreciated.

Let's play the game and enjoy :)

• "But neglect that and publicly slander a player who happens to be a good king that makes decisions for his kingdom and his own best interest to help his governors to a fighting chance for victory. Cause all I see is that he happend to collect a good premade team that made a perfect start and formed a kingdom that connects perfectly on the map as on communications."

Hey man, I dont care if you explain your reasoning for doing it I get it, but dont try to have moral high ground over us about it.

Would you like me to post the screenshots of him saying he plays dirty and will pay real money to win? or should I just let that one go?

• You would not make a good spy... You are to honest for that. So there would be no use trying to bribe you...

Come on, I could use the cash and I never said who I would spy on. I happen two have two of the cutest ferrets and I would spy on them and deliver every ROFL moment to Morphy.

The world is a funny place, don't forget to laugh,

Out playing with your momma!