I’ve been dualling for quite some servers now and mainly using my own avatar. Why my avatar was the one we picked no idea but we started with it and ended up doing it for the rounds that followed as well. I always found it quite unfair my own avatar was the one being recognized by players while my dual did put in the same effort and time managing and building the account. Also the achievements we got during the dual rounds only got granted to my avatar and not my duals.
I have to mention I have 0 knowledge about programming and making games, so I don’t know how hard my suggestions are to implement, but it seems to me they are quite easy to fix.
First I want to suggest the avatar recognition.
My idea: When you dual/triple an account all avatars will be shown in the players profile. This way people know what players are dualling in that account and can be recognized by friends and foes on other current and future rounds.
How would that look like? I’m quite sure the design apartment of Travian will do a way better job at it. But I reached out to my old pal Microsoft Paint to give a lame example I made myself:
But what would the hero look like on the account?
There are a few options that crossed my mind.
- The best option in my opinion is that the heroes avatar can be changed seperately from the account owners avatar.
- Another option would be the avatar of the account owner will be the hero’s appearance.
- The the avatar can be set at the start of the game to one of the account dual/triple avatars. They have the option to change this 1 time during the server round.
Achievements and prestige points
- Every account linked to the avatar as dual/triple will be granted a server medal at the end of the round if they have been linked to the account for over 50% of the duration of the server. (With server medal I mean the once handed out at the end of the game to all players within a kingdom: To the end! #Place with kingdom on com)
- For every achievement that is not present on one of the dualling accounts yet can be done on a dual account. For example Account A has been a duke before and already owns the achievements for this. Account B will be dualling Account A on a server where they play as duke with account A being the account owner. Account B will still be granted all the achievements and prestige points of the achievements not done by Account B yet. (To make this more fair towards single players the ammount of prestigepoints can be reduced by 50% and can be done again on a next server to earn the additional 50%.)
I would love to hear what you all think about this proposal. And I love to see more idea’s and suggestions regarding the topic.
With kind regards,