Gold transfer to dual accounts

• It is currently not possible to transfer one's gold to a dual when you are not the account holder. At the lobby level, it is not considered as an "active world".

I can understand Travian does not want / cannot offer the possibility to buy gold directly from the lobby (I see it as a way to maximize their revenues, but that's ok).

Nevertheless, not being able to transfer gold to an account when you can actually buy gold from this account is a problem and is not "fair".

Would it be possible to change this ?

• Thank you for the suggestion.

We did have this discussion in the past, it was decided to only allow to transfer gold you avatars under your own account to avoid having abuses.

For example, you are accepted as dual an avatar, the main dual is someone else. As you are going to play together the "main" dual requests that you transfer your gold to that account, as he does himself the same thing.

You do it, and the main dual kicks you from the avatar and invites someone else to repeat the process, eventually getting a big gold amount that he can then either use or transfer to another of his avatars.

So to avoid that type of abuse we decided that the way it works was the best way to protect your own gold.

But, if there is any other way that you feel is best and have good reasoning and explanation why, we can always consider it.

Although I see it difficult for this to change, as I can see the pitfalls of a possible change while the way it works is the safest way for everyone involved.

• We did have this discussion in the past, it was decided to only allow to transfer gold you avatars under your own account to avoid having abuses.

For example, you are accepted as dual an avatar, the main dual is someone else. As you are going to play together the "main" dual requests that you transfer your gold to that account, as he does himself the same thing.

You do it, and the main dual kicks you from the avatar and invites someone else to repeat the process, eventually getting a big gold amount that he can then either use or transfer to another of his avatars.

I understand, but I think it is "overprotecting", as the main dual can do exactly the same thing requesting that I buy gold directly. This kind of misbehaviour is always possible in a way or another, and it prevents honest players who are used to play together to use their gold.

And in this case it is even less protective, as it forces the secondary dual to spend real money.

May be displaying a strong advice about the risks before allowing the transfer would be a reasonnable protection ?

• Maybe, if it's not difficult to do is to create two options for the owner of the account:

1.-Share gold with duals

2.- Don't sare gold with duals.

If the owner choose the first option, he/she is in "risk" to be stolen.

If the second one is chosen, the dual player could be asked to use his/her own gold (two different wallets in the same account).

Pardon my english :)

• I do not understand your arguments at all, Unknown...

Of course it's possible to be removed as a dual after you've transfered your gold from your lobby, but it's even more frustrating if you actually bought new gold for that dual account ... like Koubbi said already

i'm currently sitting on about 1k gold in my lobby and since we're playing dual on my dual's account to get her prestige up first, it's horrbily frustrating to not be able to transfer this gold to "our accounts".

some kind of warning message you have to accept should be enough.

• Well, the good thing is that the gold doesn't expire, so you can always use it in future rounds, it will always be there until you use it.

But I understand your petition, I will give it some thought, it is difficult though, I do believe the way it is now is best, as there is no option of pushing someone or forcing someone to give away his/her gold.

• I do believe the way it is now is best, as there is no option of pushing someone or forcing someone to give away his/her gold.

Maybe i don't see something really obvious, but i do not understand the difference of transfering gold or directly buying gold in your dual account. You could not be forced to do either of both and it's your free decision to do so, where's the difference?

• I found out about this too late, just bought 2k+ gold towards the end of com1x3, but most likely i will be a dual next server, so you are saying that i won't be able to use the gold i've paid you for since i'm not the main user, simply because you believe this "protects us"? seems like a way to purely force people to buy new gold and have gold stay in lobby??

• It would be a good idea if a dual player transfers their gold to your account, you cannot completely delete it. He moved his gold, he plays with you to the end.

Secondly, everyone has trusted people on dual.

I think this is a good option.

My servers:

PL4.2 = win, PL3.3 = win, PL5.3 = 2 place, COM1.6 = 2 place, COM3.7 = 2 place, PL1.5 = win, COM3.9 = win, COM2x3 = WIN, COM4 = WIN. Next? :P Autumn 2021 :)

• This way a sitter will be get bad consequences in either way Unknown, since when i buy gold on the account where i'm dual, i can still get kicked from the account or if the server is over, i won't get any of the gold that is still there since i'm the dual. So imho the argument you are using is invalid. Or should i then just not be someone's dual?

Thanks in advance for your response and have a nice day!

• I cannot deny what you say paulie , we cannot protect absolutely everything.

But that doesn't mean we should not do what we can.

So in this front, we do what we can with the tools we have.

Are you suggesting that we don't allow duals/sitters to buy gold for the accounts they play/sit?

• No i'm suggesting that since they are able to do that, they should also be able to transfer the gold to the account, since it ends up in the account anyway. This way dual players don't get negative consequences when buying gold in other servers and it will make them less reluctant to spend money on gold I guess.

• I'm exactly in the situation we pointed out now... Joined as dual, had to buy more gold since i can't transfer the gold and now the main account decided they are quitting this server?! So i get messed up twice? first having to buy gold to "protect me" against my dual and now that i have bought gold on the new acc since i couldn't transfer, it will stay on the account and will eventually go into his account? Hardly seems like a good way to "protect me"? Unknown

• I understand Paulie, but as I stated before, if we could just transfer the gold anywhere, I am sure there will be lots of issues with duals been booted from accounts after transferring their gold and new duals been brought to the account for a repeat.

There are choices each one of us has to make regarding when to buy or not to buy gold, but that is your personal choice.

From my point of view we do as best we can, ensuring that the gold bought is used in the same lobby account it is bought from. Avoiding possibly been forced to do things you don't want to with your gold.