Special Troop

• Many players like to increase the number of races in the game. I also like it very much and I published information about Persian race in this post.

We know that at the moment the development team is reluctant to add a new breed. We can not satisfy them. So let's make the game more attractive with special troop.

Over time, each player can get his weapons, helmet, shoes, etc. in different ways and use them to train his special forces. This force is only for the same player and is made in the player's villages. The idea is simple in appearance but very complex.

The first and most important point is that how to obtain the weapons needed to train special forces is one of the methods that can not be influenced by gold so that the balance of the game does not change. For example, they can be given to players through the hero adventure.

Each special force needs two weapons, an armor, a helmet and a shoe. Cavalry also needs horses. After completing all the requirements, the player can train his desired force based on what he has achieved. Each player can only have a special force that is trained either in the barracks or in the stables.

War tools should be very diverse and given to the player at random. Each weapon adds features to the special force. For example, the horse increases its speed, but at the same time increases the amount of resources needed to train the force. In addition, some weapons may have a negative rating. For example, heavy armor that greatly increases defense can also reduce the speed of movement at the same time.

The variety should be high enough that we have several 10-speed horses, each with a different amount of resources needed for training. Of course, the number of combat tools that the user acquires must also be high in order to be able to train the best force he needs.

In smithy, the strength of the special force cannot be increased. The power of this force can be increased or decreased only through the tools of war.

The user can equip his special force with similar weapons with more power. Some tools are impossible to change and can only be done if the player has not trained any special forces or all of them have been killed.

As stronger weapons come to the hero, more powerful weapons can be added to the special forces. That is, over time, special forces are initially made with light weapons, and after a while, players can be given weapons and ... stronger to make their special forces stronger with them. That is why these forces do not need smithy.

In this way, players can train special forces according to their needs and what they get from the tools of war.

I think the sense of ownership that each player has for their special force is very, very, very attractive. Players will be very happy to create a force of their own, choose a name for themselves, or even choose an icon for it. In the statistics section, a section can be assigned to special forces so that players can see how the special forces they train are different from other players.

I know that everything is stated in general terms and this idea is still raw. You can help complete it with your own comments. I hope the development team will either accept the addition of a new race or one of the similar ideas that can increase the game's appeal.

• Seems this idea has so many new parts that needs to be introduced, that its harder to implement.

My idea of an enhancement on troops, is that when the unit type is researched to maximum level in the smithy, then the player can reallocate 5 damage points for infantry troops and 10 damage points for cavalry.

Creating coupled groups of units as Haji mentioned in the persian tribe suggestion, is also quite attractive one. Say when you have 1000 legionnaires, then you could form a legion for a certain fee in academy. A legion cant be broken apart, so now it acts as a single unit. The benefit might be that it could be controlled from whichever village the player has just like hero when the home village is changed.

Other units would have their own respective group formations with some special abilities. Could be that marauder group made from clubs could bring even bigger loot etc.

For not overpowering this features offensive side, maybe a restriction of only 1 group unit could be sent on attack together and without the assistance of any regular troops. Maybe its also not that complicated for combat simulators and troop sending tabs this way. Grouped troops can only be stacked on the defensive.

//-_-/ -_-/ -_-/- - (:?l) - -/-_- /-_- /-_-//

:/wether to game or to get gamed;)

:)There lies the question:S

-. ... .. .. ?.!.?:!::?::!:?.!.?. .. .. ... .-

• Thank you, @Cincinnati--d

Thanks for the idea, I agree with it. But I am against the fact that after level 20 we can strengthen the forces again. Professional and sometimes very professional players increase the level of their forces to 20. Other players do not do this. Or they do not have enough resources to do it. If I said special forces, it did not mean much stronger forces. It was just to increase the charm of the game.

But forming groups can be great. Some soldiers literally fought only in groups. Groups were part of military tactics.

• or maybe with every smithy level infantry gets to move around 1 damage points on the spectrum and cavalry 2 points...then even low level smithy builders could have access to that effect

• Interesting, thank you Haji#EN(1), so you want to add some special troops, right?

Where would you train them?

How would it affect the rest of the game and the balance of the troops in the game?

It brings me more questions than answers.

What would be the implementation of it?

And more importantly, what would it bring to the game, why doing it?

• Where would you train them?

I wrote here:

Each player can only have a special force that is trained either in the barracks or in the stables.

We should not add a new building so that the balance of the game does not change. Because the new building allows the player to build 3 troops at the same time. Special troops should be trained according to their infantry or cavalry in the barracks or stables. Its research is also done in the academy building.

--------------------------------------------------------------

How would it affect the rest of the game and the balance of the troops in the game?

I think this is very important. The first point is that the special troops are not in a way to give the user a lot of ability. Their ability will definitely be something like other troops. But with the difference that the player feels the ownership of it. The balance of these troops depends on the weapons of war being designed. Such as weapons and armor and .... So by accurately calculating them, the balance of the game and the troops can be maintained.

What would be the implementation of it?

From the user's point of view, everything is simple. In his adventures, he finds war tools that he can put together in the academy building to research a special troop and then train it in one of the barrack or stable buildings.

And more importantly, what would it bring to the game, why doing it?

I wrote here:

I think the sense of ownership that each player has for their special force is very, very, very attractive. Players will be very happy to create a force of their own, choose a name for themselves, or even choose an icon for it.

It all comes down to this. Importance. You do whatever you care about. I care about Travian Kingdoms so I take the time to write down as many ideas as you can implement. While I know that nothing is going to change in a short time or one of them will be implemented in the game. What makes me come up with new ideas again? Because I care about this game.

Now imagine players being able to create something that only belongs to them. A soldier they made themselves. They chose a name for it and chose an icon from among the icons. They could choose from hundreds of other forces to build. But they will make a choice and care about good choices. They like to train the soldiers they created. That soldier is no longer a number, he is alive to the player like a real soldier. That is my goal. The player cares about what he can build and the game will be more attractive to him. More attractive means more players and more crowded and attractive servers. And of course more gold for the Travian team.

An idea has a long way to go from its inception to its implementation. First, the idea should be initially accepted, and then more topics should be discussed, and then enter the research phase and obtain accurate data, and so on. I have a lot to say about this idea. Even about previous ideas. But expressing them is like writing a book. For this reason, I wrote a summary so that I could provide more explanations if it was appreciated by others or someone had a question.

• A new building would actually work greate for creating some specialized unit.

Imagine you send 1 imperian and 1 praetorian into some "unification machine"-building, where 2 units can be made into 1 with some desired attributes...no extra items needed and different player-buildable units are added to the game. When this building exists in the merged village, then the options of synthesized troops are much wider.

The counterargument is that with when introducing so many new different units, then how do you classificate and account for them in combat simulator...the tables are already long enough.