Larger cities

• Hi I came back with a new idea.

One of the main problems in large kingdoms, especially in speed servers, is the lack of space to build a village. In this situation, players either turn their villages into cities or build villages outside the kingdom. I have already proposed the idea of metropolises that can solve part of this problem. Although I believe in metropolis, I have a new idea that can solve this problem and add new features to the game and make the game more attractive.

Larger cities: Bigger and more amazing cities appear in Travian Kingdoms ...

If you look at the map, we have a lot of mountains, forests, etc., which are known as wilderness. Villages cannot be built in these places. Some are oases and have many benefits, but others have no benefits. Some of them are around my cities as well. The people of my cities always complain to me that the city is not big enough and they can not build more houses. They offered me to expand the city towards this wildernesses. My great architect says that by expanding the city towards this wilderness, he can build bigger productions so that more workers can be employed in them and we can get more resources.

--------------------------------

Great Clay Pit, Great Cropland, Great Iron Mine, Great Woodcutter:
    With the possibility of expanding the city to the wilderness, it is possible to build these great production buildings. Each of these buildings is equivalent to 3 normal buildings But their production is 5 times. Everything in the great building triples (upgrade cost, upgrade time, population and cultural point) except that it produces 5 times. With the expansion of the city, each wilderness has one great buildings according to its type and a normal field from other resource. For example, a forest wilderness includes a Great Woodcutter, a cropland, an iron mine, and a clay pit. Two players or two cities cannot use a wilderness. When the city expands and the great buildings is built, the factory for those resources is transferred to that building. Therefore, with this moving, an empty space for the building is created inside the city. On the Great Cropland, only the grain mill is moved and the bakery remains inside the city. Only non-oases wildernesses can be added to the city. Only wildernesses with 1 field distance can be added to the city. Therefore, each city can take a maximum of 4 wildernesses.

-------------------------------

Other benefits for city expansion

• +‭500‬‬ Culture points per day
    • +2‭50‬‬ Inhabitants
    • +50% max loyalty
    • +15% max culture point production with celebration in town hall
    • +15% Warehouse and Granary capacity

-----------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

Although this idea was very interesting, for some reason I gave up unless someone had a better opinion. Why did I give up? We need these wildernesses to make robbers appear. If we turn them into a city, robbers have not place ...

• Great idea but once again an idea that requires a lot of technical development and balancing.

Maybe reduce the idea to a bare minimum.

What would you consider to be the minimal product that would satisfy your idea of a solution to the problem?

Would allowing great warehouses and great granaries be sufficient?

Perhaps allow the construction of a building like the Waterworks (Travian Legends Egyptians unique building) which boosts the effect your oases have.

Increasing culture points sounds a bit counter productive. We have problems with crowding so they shouldn't really get the tools to make it even more crowded.

Max loyalty increase is bad in my opinion. Its already difficult enough to coordinate city chiefings.

• Why not invent some sort of citadel?

Do it kinda lika city mechanics? Iow, for ex 1500pop is needed to make a city into a citadel. Res/cropfields upped to mx lvl15. Not able to fully describe it, like i see some others do, as i just tought of it looking at the metropolis and this topic

• Why not invent some sort of citadel?

Do it kinda lika city mechanics? Iow, for ex 1500pop is needed to make a city into a citadel. Res/cropfields upped to mx lvl15. Not able to fully describe it, like i see some others do, as i just tought of it looking at the metropolis and this topic

Lvl 12 already takes 30 days (32 for iron) to pay for its own costs (no gold bonus, oases, or modifier building).

Lvl 15 takes 83 days. There are very few realistic scenarios where you actually want this for anything other than your capital.

Cities already offer a safe option for expansion. Cities produce almost double the resources of a village and they are a lot easier to protect.

Lets not further stimulate safe (boring) play.

• What if whole kingdom build one of those "great crop wilderness" together and in return the res% of crop increases whole kingdom ...kinda like oasis, but just adds another factor to the equation. So lets say 10 players build lvl 1 crop wilderness and then the whole kingdom has 10% more crop production.

//-_-/ -_-/ -_-/- - (:?l) - -/-_- /-_- /-_-//

:/wether to game or to get gamed;)

:)There lies the question:S

-. ... .. .. ?.!.?:!::?::!:?.!.?. .. .. ... .-

• What if whole kingdom build one of those "great crop wilderness" together and in return the res% of crop increases whole kingdom ...kinda like oasis, but just adds another factor to the equation. So lets say 10 players build lvl 1 crop wilderness and then the whole kingdom has 10% more crop production.

That idea goes a bit in the same direction of the Farmer building (which a lot of players liked):

[Farmer Building] - Vote for 15C game mechanic

• UPDATE!

Although this idea was very interesting, for some reason I gave up unless someone had a better opinion. Why did I give up? We need these wildernesses to make robbers appear. If we turn them into a city, robbers have not place ...

• I love the ideas your propose Haji#EN(1) , even if some are not workable, like this one, it is obvious that you have very good ideas and can think outside the box.

In this case the main issue I would see, aside of what you mention with the robbers, is the fact that it may give some extra advantage to the big players vs smaller ones.

But aside from that it is an interesting concept.