Disable reinforcing non-allied targets

• I know this is a controversial topic so I fully expect very mixed reactions.

In my opinion.

There should be no need to reinforce someone not part of your kingdom or your kingdoms confederates.

This includes spiking.

"But my friend and I are in different kingdoms."

Well then how about you use the relocate function, you know, like it was intended for?

"But we did fast settle and are not yet in any kingdom borders."

Make use of the duke invite mechanic.

"I want to be able to see who are farming."

You got 2 nice tools for that: Top 10 and scouts.

"But I don't want to risk all those scouts"

Oh no, sounds like you gotta weigh the risks. Are we gonna make the game skill based now? How terrible.

Reinforcing non-allied players can only be used for unsportsmanlike things.

This persons situation could have been avoided by not allowing reinforcement of non-allied players: Hacking

It would also fix spiking.

Travian Legends already has this. From what I understood most players really like the mechanic. Mainly cause it helped prevent personal def multis and spikers.

• Thank you very much for the suggestion.

It is a bit as Accord says, this strategy is part of the game, it gives defensive players a nice strategy to do guerrilla wars against other players that they would not be able to counter any other way.

Taking that away from the game it may be taking one of the dimensions of the game away.

As well, we don't want to follow what Legends do, this is a different game with a different direction.

But if you give compelling arguments for it, we would certainly study it.

• Oh idk maybe its that a ton of players find it extremely frustrating?
    Or maybe cause it promotes multi usage? Nobody wants to waste their own def so they might consider using a multi.

Other than that the game is already passive enough.

If you allow spiking then you discourage farmers, who usually up the stakes of the game.

Same as the BS mechanic of max 999 outgoing attacks per village.

Promote active gameplay. If you want to counter farmers then you COMPETE with them or ORGANIZE off actions against them to kill their troops. You don't allow lazy sobs to put their spare def in grey villages.

Edit: You don't want to adopt changes that Legends made which were welcomed with thunderous applause? I understand you want to eliminate as much "internal competition" as possible but this is ridiculous.

• That feature would not prevent multi accounts at all. The multi user could still place his accounts on the same kingdom. It would maybe force the choice between the "personal" spy accounts vs within the same kingdom "helper" accounts who can always damage the target kingdom anyways.

At the end of the day I see this as "I can raid and I don't have to worry about spikers so I'm happy".

I find it really funny that you mentioned "unsportsmanlike" and "skills" in your quote but the arguments don't make sense to me.

So what you call "unsportsmanlike" I read strategy. Simple example: big kingdom helps a smaller independent kingdom defending treasuries vs another big kingdom. Why would you call it "unsportsmanlike" when Travian is a strategy war game and has always been?

If you don't have time to raid you still have time to play games with who's raiding and you'll get away with it 99% of the time...

As for the "skill based game" how bizarre :D This is P2W ;)

Travian Legends also has 5 tribes, this is Kingdoms :)

• That feature would not prevent multi accounts at all. The multi user could still place his accounts on the same kingdom. It would maybe force the choice between the "personal" spy accounts vs within the same kingdom "helper" accounts who can always damage the target kingdom anyways.

Can you read? Or do you just talk?

NEVER did I say it would PREVENT multis.

I only said that spiking mechanics PROMOTE multi usage.

At the end of the day I see this as "I can raid and I don't have to worry about spikers so I'm happy".

I find it really funny that you mentioned "unsportsmanlike" and "skills" in your quote but the arguments don't make sense to me.

So what you call "unsportsmanlike" I read strategy. Simple example: big kingdom helps a smaller independent kingdom defending treasuries vs another big kingdom. Why would you call it "unsportsmanlike" when Travian is a strategy war game and has always been?

ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?

If you wanna help the small kingdom and do it as STRATEGY then you MAKE A CONFED.

As for the "skill based game" how bizarre :D This is P2W ;)

Yeah thats what all the noobs like to believe. "I don't suck at the game, I just don't have the money to pay to win."

Travian Legends also has 5 tribes, this is Kingdoms :)

What does that have anything to do with the discussion?

I mentioned Legends cause farming is a shared CORE mechanic from both games.

If you don't want to improve the core mechanics just because Legends also improved them then why don't you just throw the entire mechanic in the trash? That way Kingdoms is certainly a LOT different from Legends.

Seriously, learn to read before you speak.

• Mainly cause it helped prevent personal def multis and spikers.

Can you read? Or do you just talk?

NEVER did I say it would PREVENT multis.

I only said that spiking mechanics PROMOTE multi usage.

Would love to read your explanation on how Spiking leads to Multi usage.

ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?

If you wanna help the small kingdom and do it as STRATEGY then you MAKE A CONFED.

I know this is a controversial topic so I fully expect very mixed reactions.

If you have 0 amount of valid arguments don't yell/insult.

Do you need to make a pact with a small kingdom though? Isn't it more beneficial to wall real enemy hammers on foreign lands with no strings attached? Strategy :S

Yeah thats what all the noobs like to believe. "I don't suck at the game, I just don't have the money to pay to win."

Are you saying gold doesn't make the game easier, therefore Travian is purely skill based? One point I agree with you on is: if you lack the skill gold can only help you so much. But you're being naive there :saint:

If you don't want to improve the core mechanics just because Legends also improved them then why don't you just throw the entire mechanic in the trash? That way Kingdoms is certainly a LOT different from Legends.

You don't need to "throw away" the mechanics of Kingdoms for them to look different, they already are two separate entities, therefore they are a "LOT" different as it is.

• If you have 0 amount of valid arguments don't yell/insult.

Do you need to make a pact with a small kingdom though? Isn't it more beneficial to wall real enemy hammers on foreign lands with no strings attached? Strategy :S

Don't talk about "valid arguments" when you don't know how to read properly.

Your "argument" against the feature is presenting a cherry picked edge case that was already given a solution in the initial proposed feature.

Reinforcing non-allies is used primarily to grief or to use personal def multis.

If you want to use it strategically then use the confederation option for that. Proxy wars are for cowards.

Yes you can make the multis part of your kingdom so there is a way around it. Despite having a workaround it is still a valid deterrent.

• Or maybe cause it promotes multi usage? Nobody wants to waste their own def so they might consider using a multi.

That's quite an assumption.Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean nobody does.

One server i spiked and killed about 1 million troops and got 1st Defender place.Not only i used my one and only account but i've also spent 600 euro+ on gold to achieve this.It was sooooo much fun.

Guess what,some people love spiking just as much as you love clicking the farmlist send button :D

P.S:Altough it was quite a slaughter i DID NOT have a significant impact on server's end or any impact whatsoever.Spiking IS NOT a game changing mechanic so apart from pissing off some laughing stocks like you it's just a personal playstyle preference .

And in order to do it profesionally,on a server side scale (i was reinforcing between 100-400 farms a day,training and losing 10x villages worth of lvl 20 rax + stable troops) it's extremely time consuming.Just try to do it to see how much fun and work it is ^^

• Don't talk about "valid arguments" when you don't know how to read properly.

That is still your argument? I can't read? ?(

You can do better, can't you? I understand that some people might react to your provocations but lets try to stick to the topic here :)

Your "argument" against the feature is presenting a cherry picked edge case that was already given a solution in the initial proposed feature.

Yours consist in profit without risk. I don't see where that is beneficial, why would you give raiders a "green light" to plunder whatever they want at 0 cost?

It's funny that you use scouts as an example and read with me now:

"I want to be able to see who are farming."

You got 2 nice tools for that: Top 10 and scouts.

"But I don't want to risk all those scouts"

Oh no, sounds like you gotta weigh the risks. Are we gonna make the game skill based now? How terrible.

Change scouts for raiding troops and you got exactly the same scenario 8|
    So you're defending that there should be no risks regarding raids but to lose scouts when scouting other players is a risk that you got to assume. It's 100% biased that opinion of yours ^^ There must be risk when raiding, no matter if it's a grey village or not.

• Since autoclicking is still techically possible for easy mass raiding, then spiking is perfect way to counter this and I dont condone it!

//-_-/ -_-/ -_-/- - (:?l) - -/-_- /-_- /-_-//

:/wether to game or to get gamed;)

:)There lies the question:S

-. ... .. .. ?.!.?:!::?::!:?.!.?. .. .. ... .-

• One server i spiked and killed about 1 million troops and got 1st Defender place.Not only i used my one and only account but i've also spent 600 euro+ on gold to achieve this.It was sooooo much fun.

And that used to be a perfectly valid reason.

However, since a year or so you don't get def points anymore for deffing grey villages.

• Because of my spiking, some big kingdoms stopped farming grays. That made the battlefield more balanced. So it is not only griefing tool.

And by "balanced" you mean dead boring.

Offense already lost the ability to croplock and cities make chiefing harder.

Last thing they need is to have part of their income taken away.

• So you agree that it has been reduced to only being a griefing tool?

I rather see myself as a Robin Hood type,someone who puts a stop to the greedy 1 click farmers(sometimes clicking it every 7-10 minutes for 24 hrs a day...yeah!) looking to get an edge over the regular player without any risk whatsoever.

Griefing is only a side-effect and mainly because the type of people who want resources without any effort is the type who cry the most.

Try scouting and active searching for farms for a change.Show some skill,have some fun.Stop being(or using) a robot :D:D