Village with less or more than 18 fields

• We all know that a lot of players need extra building slots. Of course not in all villages or cities. But most players need extra slots in at least one city or village. Especially the villages of Hummer or the villages of the king's treasury or the dukes. Also all offensive players. We also know that all players build many villages or cities just to generate resources. Most of these villages or towns have empty slot buildings. Because the resource village does not need a lot of buildings.

Now my idea is to have new villages with different combinations of building number fields and slots. For each field, add or subtract one building slot from the village.

My new proposed village:

Village Type
    Crop Wood Clay Iron
    Building Slot
    6333+3 6 3 3 3 +3
    5444+1 5 4 4 4 +1
    4444+2 4 4 4 4 +2
    6555-3 6 5 5 5 -3
    7444-1 7 4 4 4 -1
    8444-2 8 4 4 4 -2
    9222+3 9 2 2 2 +3
    9444-3 9 3 3 3 -3
    8333+1 8 3 3 3 +1
    10 333-1
    10 3 3 3 -1
    7333+2 7 3 3 3 +2
    11 333-2 11 3 3 3 -2
    15 000+3
    15 0 0 0 +3
    15 222-3
    15 2 2 2 -3
    14 111+1
    14 1 1 1 +1
    16 111-1
    16 1 1 1 -1
    13 111+2
    13 1 1 1 +2
    17 111-2
    17 1 1 1 -2

I know they should not be too diverse. Because it becomes more difficult to implement. We can ignore the +3 and -3 slot villages or even put only +1 and -1 slots in the game.

These new villages can also add more diverse strategies to the game. Note that the previous types are not deleted, but new types are added to them. But an important question, how much can it affect the game? The answer is simple. It depends on the number of villages that can be built of these new types. The fewer they are, the less effective they are, and the more they are, the more effective they are. So their number can be determined according to what the development team intends.

• yeah res villages dont need these slots anyway.

..The effect would be that everyone chooses to have more building slots for capitals so they could finish the res fields quests quicker and incentivizes to build res in ten another villages...which actually makes them perfect farms and might spice the game up.

This is 3D chess lol

//-_-/ -_-/ -_-/- - (:?l) - -/-_- /-_- /-_-//

:/wether to game or to get gamed;)

:)There lies the question:S

-. ... .. .. ?.!.?:!::?::!:?.!.?. .. .. ... .-

• That's actually a really interesting approach, I've been thinking about different types of villages but this goes a step further and I really like the idea. What it'll do to the game? Open a lot of new possibilities and strategies, might make or break the game? For sure.

I would definitely play a server like that ! :D

Gotta Knock a Little Harder

lucas-furlan-arthur-shelby.jpg?1576829193

• maybe only for capitals, cause for resource villages that would be too strong

Thanks for your comment

Of course, everyone wants this to happen for the capital. In the case of other villages, by changing the number of tiles of the new village type in the map, the balance of the game can be maintained.

yeah res villages dont need these slots anyway.

..The effect would be that everyone chooses to have more building slots for capitals so they could finish the res fields quests quicker and incentivizes to build res in ten another villages...which actually makes them perfect farms and might spice the game up.

This is 3D chess lol

And think about village with +3 fields and -3 building slots that can be a city with res level 12 ;)

That's actually a really interesting approach, I've been thinking about different types of villages but this goes a step further and I really like the idea. What it'll do to the game? Open a lot of new possibilities and strategies, might make or break the game? For sure.

I would definitely play a server like that ! :D

Thanks for your comment. Yes, playing on a server with this idea looks really attractive. But as to how it might break the game, I mentioned above and in the text how to prevent it. It all depends on the number of tiles from this sample in the map.

• Thank you very much Haji, I love your ideas and enjoy very much reading them.

It is a very radical change you propose here, it would mean a change to the whole game, starting with code and ending with the village's graphics.

What comes to mind is that right now outside the village walls you have some extra slots you can open up in case of need, so I wonder how that plays with this option.

Personally I like the idea, but I wonder if it would subtract from the game play.

Right now each player has to make choices based on space, importance of the buildings and the strategy for that specific village.

That makes the game interesting, changing it how you mention could take away the challenge of choosing... making the whole process easier since you can choose the right village configuration and just more mechanic.

But that is just my personal opinion, what does everyone else think about it?

• Unknown Thanks for the comment.

It is a very radical change you propose here, it would mean a change to the whole game, starting with code and ending with the village's graphics.

Of course, it is not very big, but big changes that are chosen correctly can have big positive results :)

What comes to mind is that right now outside the village walls you have some extra slots you can open up in case of need, so I wonder how that plays with this option.

But this feature is not easily obtained. You either have to be very, very lucky or consume a significant amount of gold to get the card. I could not get this card on the servers I played on. In one of them was found at the end of the game that was no longer useful.

Personally I like the idea, but I wonder if it would subtract from the game play.

Right now each player has to make choices based on space, importance of the buildings and the strategy for that specific village.

That makes the game interesting, changing it how you mention could take away the challenge of choosing... making the whole process easier since you can choose the right village configuration and just more mechanic.

I agree with you. Choosing the location of a new village is a challenge and should not be removed from the game. But I think I could not convey what I wanted to say. I note again that the number of tiles of this new type in the map determines your answer. By determining the right number of them, in addition to maintaining the previous challenges, new exciting challenges will be added to the game. For example, I'm sure that if 5% of the map is of this type, the previous challenges will definitely remain.